**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unpopular Opinion thread

Comments

• Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 250 ★★★
    Stark Spidey’s Special Attack evasion is better and more reliable than Tigra’s. This is mostly because of the large room for error you have when using Tigra’s heavy attack afterwards.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Sentinel isn't warlock level, he's competing vs darkhawk for the 4th best tech spot(ghost, warlock, guilly are top 3, guardian is #5)

Since when has darkhawk been a contender for spot number 4?
    darkhawk has high damage, double immunities, regen, decent utility, he's one of the only champs in the game that can completely bypass nicks second phase...
    High damage? Dawg you tripping lmao
    Lol have you even played him
    I’ve seen gameplay of a friends r3 6* and his damage really isn’t that impressive most R5s do more damage than what I’ve seen of the R3.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Werewrym said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Werewrym said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Werewrym said:

Sentinel is better than Warlock.

Not unpopular, just wrong lol. In v3, the buff definitely helps Sentinel, but everywhere else? Curious what arguments you have to support your opinion.
    It is in fact unpopular hence your reaction... I have a r3 6* Sentinel and use him in every game mode. I used him throughout act 6, he destroys in stubborn wars and on day 5 of AQ map 6 I was killing champs in 12 hits or less (150k health or so). I have plenty of evidence to back my claims but most people don’t want to hear/see it.

The big problem is that people watch so many videos on how warlock is the best tech/robot but never try out other champs for themselves (not accusing you of this).

Idk, I don't find Sentinel to be much better in terms of damage output. The biggest pro for Warlock imo is that his heal block is passive. That's a huge advantage. And then when the opponent starts to regen they instesd get dealt a power drain. I have both and use both, but I can't say I agree with you. Which is great. That's why we're all here, right?
    I will fully admit that Sentinel is an acquired taste, but I do think he is better than Warlock. I know it's an unpopular opinion which is why I mentioned it here. Maybe I should record some footage sometime showing him off. Perhaps that is an easier way to demonstrate why I like him so much.

I took Sentinel to r5 because he's good. Don't mean to take that away from him. And you're right that the whole point of this thread is to surface these opinions. Me asking why was because I wanted to understand your point of view. That's all. But I'm still wondering what you see in Sentinel that makes you like him more than Warlock.

I'm just asking out of curiosity, that's all.
    Sure, no worries there. I knew some people where going to read my comment and think "what the heck?!?" Most people think of Sentinel and V3 and love to show off their footage of Sentinel absolutely destroying champs. But that's not why I like him. I honestly think the videos of Sentinel in V3 do more damage than good because people are disappointed when they play Sentinel in other game modes.

There are so many reasons I love Sentinel, let me just run through them.

1. Analysis (crit resistance, attack, armor, reduced power usage on specials) these benefits are actually a huge deal. I cannot emphasize enough how many times crit resistance has saved me in war. I'm a pretty good player, but every once in a while I'll make a mistake and get clipped by a basic attack or even special attack. At full analysis its very hard for one mistake to cost you the fight. Ever fight that r5 or r3 domino and accidentally get hit by one of her specials? Well with Sentinel you can tank special attacks to the face without dying. It's not recommended but if you ever make mistakes this crit resistance is a lifesaver. Additionally you gain a massive attack and armor boost, as well as reduced special attack power usage. Being able to throw special attacks even more frequently with Sentinel only boosts his already massive damage output.

2. Sp1 (heal block/armor break), pretty self-explanatory here, consistent heal block so he can deal with any sort of arc overload, buffet, vigor, 1% regen, and even masochism. Outlier cases are when the opponent is debuff immune and combined with any of these nodes, but that is a rare occurrence. Additionally armor break effects are very useful to have when fighting any sort of tanky champ that is immune to the DoT effects. It is very easy to stack anywhere from 5-10 armor breaks on an opponent in which case the fully ramped Sentinel will be doing even more damage on basic attacks.

3. Sp2 (Incinerate x5) the special 2 does massive damage, with my 6* r3 most champs anywhere in the range of 100k-150k health won't survive after building to a sp2 attack.

4. Sp3 (Armor Passive/Heal) With Sentinel's sp3 you have the ability to gain a very substantial armor up passive buff that cannot be nullified. On top of the additional armor gained from analysis this only adds to the tankiness of Sentinel. Additionally the massive heal when using the sp3 attack twice in a fight can be a lifesaver. If you play Sentinel right in a fight where you can dodge all special attacks it is very easy to play indefinitely and even leave the fight with a net gain of health.

5. Heavy attack (shock, unstoppable) When enemies are incinerate immune you still have a very substantial DoT effect. Or when enemies have no immunity you have 2 different DoT effects both of which do massive damage. Using my 6* r3 his shock will do anywhere from 1k-1.4k damage per tick. Which is 2k-2.8k per second as DoT which is far more damage then most DoT effects do. I also used the unstoppable to great effect on the "can't stop won't stop" nodes in act 6 which are very annoying.

6. Bleed & Poison immune, large health pool. Some honorable mentions are the immunity he has and the massive health pool. On top of Sentinel's tankiness he has a HUGE health pool which cannot be overlooked.

One final thing that isn't really anything huge, but I like it personally, is Sentinel's short back dash move. I find that this short dash back allows for some back draft intercepts that many other champs would not be able to pull off because they have such a long dash back move.

As I mentioned above, the only bit of utility that Sentinel is actually lacking is a power control ability. If he had that ability he would be one of the most OP champs in the game because he would literally do everything.
    I'd love to add a thing I love most about sentinel - his sps cost less. It may not seem to be smth big, but it allows to throw sps more often, witch changes dynamics of the fight a lot. I'm exploring 6.2.4 atm, and final kingpin boss has destructive feedback and unblockable finale nodes. And ones you're at 100 charges, you can spam sp2 and always push opponent above bar of power. No need to intercept a lot, just 5 hit combo - bait sp1 - 5 hit combo - bait sp1 - 5 hit combo - sp2 - bait sp1. No need to block anything really.
    And overall cheaper sps means more sps means more fun.
    Also when awekened his power can't be alerted significantly, wich sometimes may be very useful.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

6.1.5 crossbones isn’t that hard, its just long

Lol thats what she said
    imagine what would happen when it's hard👀😏
  • Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Quake and Ghost are boring champs to use
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Sentinel isn't warlock level, he's competing vs darkhawk for the 4th best tech spot(ghost, warlock, guilly are top 3, guardian is #5)

darkhawk has high damage, double immunities, regen, decent utility, he's one of the only champs in the game that can completely bypass nicks second phase...
    He's got alright damage, all the top techs outdamage him.
    His utility is lacking. 30% chance to miss basic attacks and an autoblock you don't want to rely on
    Decreased opponent power gain in stealth mode is nice but your damage output isnt ideal outside of null mode

Being able to bypass nicks second phase is nice but not really needed considering he's not a horrible champ to face.
    You also need to save up a sp3 to end the fight and time it right compared to ending a combo with a light attack using Mysterio

He's a good if you need a robot/double immune or a really long healblock but I'm not using him for much else otherwise
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Don't understand the Hype in Hyperion! Blade is overrated!!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Does nobody know what "mercy" is?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

it’s a node from the act 7 beta @Kill_Grey4112

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

it’s a node from the act 7 beta @Kill_Grey4112

Oh...well that looks quite ridiculous.
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Posts: 320 ★★★
    Black Bolt, Mordo, Mephisto, Iron Fist, and even Iron Patriot are ALL the most underappreciated and useful Champions in the game

I SAID WHAT I SAID
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

He's got alright damage, all the top techs outdamage him.
    His utility is lacking. 30% chance to miss basic attacks and an autoblock you don't want to rely on
    Decreased opponent power gain in stealth mode is nice but your damage output isnt ideal outside of null mode

Being able to bypass nicks second phase is nice but not really needed considering he's not a horrible champ to face.
    You also need to save up a sp3 to end the fight and time it right compared to ending a combo with a light attack using Mysterio

He's a good if you need a robot/double immune or a really long healblock but I'm not using him for much else otherwise
    I don't think warlock outdamages darkhawk. DH also has reliable regen.