**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance vs Alliance war, always uneven and unfair? Surrender button?

Pelican_PhenixPelican_Phenix Posts: 5
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Hi,
Just to express in the name of our young Alliance that we're frustrated and disapointed.
It is the second time in a row that we start an alliance war/battle, and we get litteraly destroyed. I don't know how the system decides which alliance fights another one, but when I compare each one's stats, we're light years away from thinking we might have a chance to win. Most opponents/heroes are 4 times stronger. In fact I can't even beat the first one I move to. I've strongly recommended to everyone in my alliance to boycott the event, since they'll have most probably their best heroes stuck there for many hours, taking away the fun they have playing with them, and it would be pointless to waste ressources and money in an impossible war to win. When we do 3 vs 3 events, there's a "search" option, why not the same with wars/battles? Or at least a forfeit button so we can have our heroes back? In the meanwhile, what can be done for our alliance?
Genuine thanks for taking seriously this post and doing something about it.
Best regards
Patrick

Comments

• I would even be ready to forfeit on the losers partication loot!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Our alliance has long since given up on AW's. The rewards just aren't very good for the amount of champs you have to dedicate to it.

So our approach is that we only run one battle group. We have a fully developed alliance with 28+ solid guys each over 100k rating, but we don't focus on AW anymore. We keep one group running in case anyone wants to jump in and play, but otherwise we just don't do it anymore.

AQ's have much better rewards.
  • I like what you bring. It is my first post and never read the forum at all before. I've been playing for a couple of months, and tonight, it really frustrated me when I got to see that the opponents were 6 to 7 times stonger than my average strongest hero. I won't ruin myself in buying stuff to survive 3-4 battles... I just hope for a positive outcome
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I'm pretty confident to say that you/we are not a minority when it comes to the same frustration. Our alliance is fairly strong, 4mil+ and 1100 war rating, but we always encounter stretches of 3 or 4 wars where everyone is wondering "how the hell did these guys end up in the same bracket as us"? I've never heard of or found any semblance of a "description" as to how opponents are matched up for that matter. Over the course of my own 2+ yrs of play, the only consistency I've noticed is that we'll get evenly matched or we're the bullys for around 4 to 5 wars, and then the following 4 to 5 wars we're asked to take "knives to a gun fight". To be as non partisan as I can, it is possible to beat an opponent with 3 times higher PI straight up for example in arenas. But when you add local and linked nodes to the equation, its a no contest except for the seldom few times when the AI gives you a "gift ringer". Unfortunately, it doesnt appear to me that this sort of thing is considered an issue, because its obviously the way to generate revenue from those who dont mind spending thousands of $$ each month. The dinky 350hp revive offered in the glory store speaks volumes when you see that we can only get 1 every 6 or 7 days which leaves us with the only option of buying a revive for 160units which roughly is about $6(calculated from what we pay for unit packages). And most of us will probably agree that thats not enough so we need to get potions to make it worthwhile.......so on and so forth for AQ and AW every week in which fairly active allys run lets say 4 to 5 AQs and 3 to 4 wars per rotation......... I decided to spend some money and after about $100, I opened my eyes to how truly absurd it is. Bottom line for me and my fellow alliance members is that we love playing the game mostly for the camaraderie with each other but we no longer buy anything they offer with anything other than the units we earn during play. Because if we did, we'd smack ourselves for not using that money to buy multiple game consoles with all the latest games. LOL
  • SlickSlick Posts: 137
    nfhysyuyxgh8.png

Our 4.5m average member rating 150k got matched against this alliance!
  • aiktow4uaiktow4u Posts: 72
    the surrender button is a long time thought in everyone's mind. Many times the match up is WAY off balance.
    But the system only goes by war rating, nothing else. So a new alliance with level 60 guys/gals with a fistful of duped 5* but a very low war rating can be , unfortunately, matched against a "newbie Alliance" that has guys/gals with 1 4*(unduped) and only a fistful of 3* champs.
    While its not right, its the system that is currently in place. War rating only. no Alliance rating or thought to the facts of any other input. Just war rating Yes it needs fixed but its the parameters currently used. We all have faced it, we all move on. But that surrender button would be nice so that we could not only start matching for a new war, saving time...but also < if nothing else> free up our roster used in such a poor mis-match.
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    I totally understand what you guys are saying I have been in 2 alliance's and have won a lot of war's but even when in a fairly good alliance we get paired with a alliance that is duper strong and we just get smashed and a lot of guys take 1 look at the map do 1 fight and don't come back that is ruining it for everyone else so you are right a surrender button is a good idea and the matchmaking does seriously need looking at otherwise they Will lose a he'll of a lot of alliance's doing war's
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,764 ★★★★★
    I am wondering if this mismatch occurs at much higher frequency when fielding more than one battlegroup.

In my alliance, although there are 30 members, we are unable to put up participation on two groups. Once in a while we try it and this mismatch appears 'more'.

Maybe, make it an option to get everybody hit one path and treat every tile like a boss tile and celebrate opponent taken down.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    edited June 2017
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    seriously, we are very few, with only two 4* (R2 and R3, both unduped) i am the strongest of my clan, and yet.
    and thus, today i bring you this story

qeWgxBt.png

you have no idea how it pained me to say no to this

I can feel ur pain......
  • ZappZapp Posts: 69
    Yea well evens out after a while, but happens all the time even on high levels. We are reward lvl 4, 5.7 Million alliance. We still get opponents quite offen that leave us baffled, even though we can hold our groud pretty well now.

That's how this game works, my only advice is: Get stronger.
  • pjcjrswimpjcjrswim Posts: 2
    edited September 2017
    My alliance is partially active and we like to do the occasional war, we don't mind if its a close game because then you know it's fair. However recently, we got matched up with an alliance that had a 2k+ war rating and my alliance is only 800 war rating. We went in With all 4* mostly 3/30 and some 4/40 and the other alliance had all maxed 4* and close to maxed 5*. The alliance we faced wasn't even close to the overall alliance rating. Their average member rating was 250k 6mil overall and my alliance is 1 million overall average member 70k. THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN KABAM. THEIR WAS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO WIN THE WAR. Fix it kabam or else your gonna have a boycot of aw soon
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    pjcjrswim wrote: »
    My alliance is partially active and we like to do the occasional war, we don't mind if its a close game because then you know it's fair. However recently, we got matched up with an alliance that had a 2k+ war rating and my alliance is only 800 war rating. We went in With all 4* mostly 3/30 and some 4/40 and the other alliance had all maxed 4* and close to maxed 5*. The alliance we faced wasn't even close to the overall alliance rating. Their average member rating was 250k 6mil overall and my alliance is 1 million overall average member 70k. THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN KABAM. THEIR WAS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO WIN THE WAR. Fix it kabam or else your gonna have a boycot of aw soon

This doesn't ha0en at all, the major difference between alliances matched for war is minimal. For your 800war rated alliance you can't have a 2k war rated alliance as an opponent. The maximum is maybe plus or minus 50 war rating. With this new diversity ****, we won against a 9mil alliance that was paired against us, we are 1200 in war rating and 5.7mil alliance rating. We managed to win by clearing all three bosses, they only got two. So with luck and skill and a good defense team that can force opponents to double up paths. You can win those ridiculous match-up.
  • 4fun4fun Posts: 58
    It would be nice to have a button like that it is unfair so often for us.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    They should have that button. But then, they should have top alliances all in one bracket based on rating.
  • ArmandStar wrote: »
    seriously, we are very few, with only two 4* (R2 and R3, both unduped) i am the strongest of my clan, and yet.
    and thus, today i bring you this story

qeWgxBt.png

you have no idea how it pained me to say no to this

I don't think anyone feels that guys pain. He's working with a 3* iron patriot as a top champ!
  • pjcjrswim wrote: »

This doesn't ha0en at all, the major difference between alliances matched for war is minimal. For your 800war rated alliance you can't have a 2k war rated alliance as an opponent. The maximum is maybe plus or minus 50 war rating. With this new diversity ****, we won against a 9mil alliance that was paired against us, we are 1200 in war rating and 5.7mil alliance rating. We managed to win by clearing all three bosses, they only got two. So with luck and skill and a good defense team that can force opponents to double up paths. You can win those ridiculous match-up.

nwte1f2y522z.png
    sphsgxuvkudo.png
    pjvii9yamctw.png

Is this proof enough
  • sbb75sbb75 Posts: 208
    If Kabam can give up on AW so should the summoners!!!

This is needed even more so now with new scoring and map. What are the negatives if one alliance hit the surrender button and;
    Both sides have champs released
    Both teams can not start a new war until after the 48 hours expired
    AW winner gets 100% (with mvp and skirmish)
    AW surrender forfeit rewards (or a % to winner to cover exploration)

Why wouldn't people want their champs back early? I know Kabam would prefer people play with weaker champs in AQ and story; max chance of using pots.