**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Showdown?

Comments

• Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Fleirs said:

bad choice that kabam not include no any of Baltic states i feel bad of this fact...

Fleirs said:

Latvia please include in summoner showdown tournament !

You guys need to read the thread. This is out of Kabam's control. If your country is one of those not included, thats an issue with your government.

• Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248

Lol is the United States really excluded here?
  • Options
    MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

The picture has United states
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

it's only excluding quebec in the canada region.
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    Mathgeek said:

It says excluding United States in brackets. In those same brackets it says Quebec and Quebec people can’t participate.
  • Options

Mathgeek said:

It says excluding United States in brackets. In those same brackets it says Quebec and Quebec people can’t participate.
    No, it says [excluding Quebec] Chile, Columbia....
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    How are we to understand the fight duration parameter for scoring? First assumption is that the quicker you kill the boss the better, but then it would be redundant with dps.

Is it then about surviving the longest time possible? And the bosses are actually impossible to kill?
  • Options
    Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 ★★
    So, it seems that this will be a "spend a ton of units to unlock suicides if you want to have a shot" type of event. I could be wrong, but . . . *shrug*
  • Options
    ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Gmonkey said:

Though scarlet witch regen and ghost may have something to say

Ghost without synergy will die.

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Fleirs said:

Latvia please include in summoner showdown tournament !

its a legal thing
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    i guess some people think that kabam makes the laws of the world or something
  • Options
    MfurthMfurth Posts: 18
    Can't use Scarlet Witch? Too much RNG luck involved?
  • Options
    Mfurth said:

Can't use Scarlet Witch? Too much RNG luck involved?

Are you asking or stating? Because you can use her, just gotta have RNG on your side
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    RU11011 said:

Australia can participate! I won't win anything, but cool!
    Then this may interest you.

• Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    With the 3 bosses being announced as Surfer.Cap Marvel.IMIW and we are restricted to 1 champ only are there certain champions being banned from Summoner Showdown???

Also Show Up Event seems more enticing to me then Showdown dont get me wrong rank up 6* gem is juicy but walking away after 3 weeks with 15k of 5* and 1.5 million gold sounds way better lol
  • Options
    EB54EB54 Posts: 77

It’s saying excluding Hawaii.
  • Options
    Kobe24Kobe24 Posts: 5
    Good to hear about new stuff. But what happen to new update for arena, the buff of act 6, buff of old champS. We’re discussing new event instead of Discussing when the old news comes out.
  • Options
    Kobe24 said:

Good to hear about new stuff. But what happen to new update for arena, the buff of act 6, buff of old champS. We’re discussing new event instead of Discussing when the old news comes out.

Because the new event is coming out soon while what you listed is still TBD.
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    SparkAlot said:

Some people need to look up their own laws where they live...

For example, India flat out bans it.
    Brazil is is pretty much impossible to have a contest with the rules they have.

So, look it up if you don't believe Kabam, they got to follow the law.

Where have u read that such competitions are banned in India. Don't spread fake news!!!
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Your country may have laws that make it impossible for Kabam to open the contest to your area, but it is also possible your country has laws that just make it difficult and Kabam wasn't able to comply for this contest, and it is also possible your country has no laws that would prevent such contests but Kabam did not have sufficient time to vet them.

The list is very obviously not everyone minus a few countries, so it isn't just question of disqualifying a few. It seems to be more a case of limiting it only to places where Kabam's legal team has properly vetted and complied with the regional requirements. You can't assume it is safe to do so just because another company does it. They could be doing compliance things in the background you can't see, or they could also be doing it illegally but they don't realize it. "They did it first" is not a legal defense.

Yeah it looks a valid reason that kabam might not have enough time to do the leagal procedures. Their legal team might not be big enough to reach every country.
    And I am almost sure that pubg does not hold them illegally because they advertise about it on various platforms of social media and newspaper and they have done it many times.
  • Options
    BallaryshashankBallaryshashank Posts: 2

That's why I said tell YOUR government. Whatever your country is, has a government that makes the laws. Kabam is just abiding by them. Saying it's unfair to Kabam is useless.

Since u seem such a knowlegable person and is so sure that kabam is right here.... Can u please tell me what laws are stopping kabam from letting summoners from particular countries not participate.
    For your information, my country only prohibits gambling games where actual money is used. Also Pubg organizes such competition every year in my country.
    Kabam need to find out a way around the Indian Law of 'The Prize Competitions Act, 1955' thats not going to be easy.

As part of the prize is over the value of 1000 rupees it means that people could participate but they are not allowed to win.
  • Options
    BallaryshashankBallaryshashank Posts: 2

That's why I said tell YOUR government. Whatever your country is, has a government that makes the laws. Kabam is just abiding by them. Saying it's unfair to Kabam is useless.

Since u seem such a knowlegable person and is so sure that kabam is right here.... Can u please tell me what laws are stopping kabam from letting summoners from particular countries not participate.
    For your information, my country only prohibits gambling games where actual money is used. Also Pubg organizes such competition every year in my country.
    Kabam need to find out a way around the Indian Law of 'The Prize Competitions Act, 1955' thats not going to be easy.

As part of the prize is over the value of 1000 rupees it means that people could participate but they are not allowed to win.