**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What about those who cant participate in showdown

Comments

• unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★

@unoobmepro same reason as I stated above.

ok thanks, anyways i wasn't going to win xd
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    It's probably because of some shipment restriction stuff. They gotta ship items to you if you qualify and given the covid 19 situation in India, and related restrictions, its probably not possible to ship stuff to India
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

@unoobmepro same reason as I stated above.

ok thanks, anyways i wasn't going to win xd
    All good, I’m excited to see who ends up winning.
  • dr_nish777dr_nish777 Posts: 313 ★★
    Yup they should aleast involve the countries with top player bases.
    They should learn from Tencent.
  • Yup they should aleast involve the countries with top player bases.

Except they can't and have stated why they had to exclude certain locations multiple times

Yup they should aleast involve the countries with top player bases.

Except they can't and have stated why they had to exclude certain locations multiple times
    Yeah obviously there must be a reason, otherwise why would they do so.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I saw that but I cannot see how that should stop Kabam giving the title or rewards ingame to any summoner no matter where they live.

Because there are physical items that need to be shipped.
    And there are 54 countries in Africa.. kind of hard to believe it's difficult to ship to them all..
    It's more expensive, especially import costs which would have to be covered by either Kabam (which is what the player base would want to happen) or by the players receiving those items (which most players would not want to spend a huge amount of money on to receive).

Shipping anything worldwide is not as simple as you'd think, especially when a massive corporation isn't behind the shipping. It would be a loss for either Kabam or the player in particular, which Kabam wouldn't want to deal with.
    W
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I saw that but I cannot see how that should stop Kabam giving the title or rewards ingame to any summoner no matter where they live.

Because there are physical items that need to be shipped.
    And there are 54 countries in Africa.. kind of hard to believe it's difficult to ship to them all..
    It's more expensive, especially import costs which would have to be covered by either Kabam (which is what the player base would want to happen) or by the players receiving those items (which most players would not want to spend a huge amount of money on to receive).

Shipping anything worldwide is not as simple as you'd think, especially when a massive corporation isn't behind the shipping. It would be a loss for either Kabam or the player in particular, which Kabam wouldn't want to deal with.
    Are you kabam's lawyer? You are getting the event good for you but some players in community are not happy with the new event not available to them, so does that concern you? Why are you against the community?
    edited July 2020
    🤷
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    To those complaining about the top rewards of r2 to r3 gem etc, you do realize an incredibly small number of people will get them. Most likely people who already have a few r3 6* out of hundreds of thousands of players. it's not like the entire countrys worth of players are getting them.
  • GenidiaminGenidiamin Posts: 105
    edited July 2020
    Don’t mean to be difficult but more could be done to drive more inclusion... those saying sry deal with it etc are just being Insensitive and their countries are probably not excluded.
  • GenidiaminGenidiamin Posts: 105
    @LOThunder its not just Munash... there are summoners like myself who are also African and are more advanced than Munash, more skilled and yes we have no problems with device or connectivity. We don’t have you tube channels but we exist and play in top tier masters alliances and we are also a significant part of revenue for Kabam as well as influencers in Mcoc community.

I appreciate the challenges in running this first time but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of players whose countries have been excluded. More work should have been done to ensure more inclusion before rolling this out.

People saying show up rewards are available... well then maybe that should have been restricted to the excluded countries for balance? Do you not see the unfairness where one basket is available to all and another basket to a select few? Please stop with the show up reasoning or saying we didn’t read... that just shows that you read but you didn’t think.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Jesus, some people just want to whinge. In a time of a global pandemic as well as laws changing country to country, some people are just stupid. Kabam have clearly explained why it can't happen, yet people are cherry picking over stupid arguments.
  • elwëelwë Posts: 12
    I live in Italy and Kabam sent me a pin worth a dollar from the USA with the "Realm of Champions" Giveaway. So I don't think shipping fees are a problem nor the laws since in Italy there are always World eSports Tournaments. It is an absurd choice, like so many of those they do, they don't surprise me anymore.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★

at least let MSD compete. The kid won NYCC last year. #ageisjustanumber

judging by the disagrees, everyone hates MSD or something
    I think he's great. He can still put up the best score.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Don’t mean to be difficult but more could be done to drive more inclusion... those saying sry deal with it etc are just being Insensitive and their countries are probably not excluded.

How do you know what more could reasonably have been done?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    It’s funny how everyone’s so quick to cry to kabam but none of you checked your own laws to see if that might be the problem.
    But I’ll save you the effort, it is your countries laws that are the problem.
    DNA3000 mentions a few of the countries and the laws stopping them from being included on the 2nd page.
  • sest22sest22 Posts: 933 ★★★
    because it claims to be a tournament in which they are looking for the best contender in the world, if it really isn't. There are more than 190 countries in the world, but only 34 participate, it is barely 20% of the total. sincerely it is really a shame that the countries have legalities that prevent us from participating. I think they could just change the title and the description so that we don't feel so excluded and the understanding of the tournament will improve.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Lol.

As usual. Cry and blame Kabam because YOUR own country doesn’t allow it. What makes you so special that Kabam has to go out of the way and negotiate through all that red tape just to get one piece of content to YOU?

The entitlement.. geez.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Can always count on you guys to be completely reasonable and not completely dramatic and ridiculous about this kind of thing. Good work
  • hawk34hawk34 Posts: 41
    edited July 2020
    sest22 said:

because it claims to be a tournament in which they are looking for the best contender in the world, if it really isn't. There are more than 190 countries in the world, but only 34 participate, it is barely 20% of the total. sincerely it is really a shame that the countries have legalities that prevent us from participating. I think they could just change the title and the description so that we don't feel so excluded and the understanding of the tournament will improve.

Humans have been handing mr/miss universe titles out for decades even though were literally the only species in the competition ;)
    hawk34 said:

sest22 said:

Humans have been handing mr/miss universe titles out for decades even though were literally the only species in the competition ;)
    There are many beautiful aliens out there its just that maybe the laws of their alien civilizations dont allow shipment of rewards.
  • elwëelwë Posts: 12

It’s funny how everyone’s so quick to cry to kabam but none of you checked your own laws to see if that might be the problem.
    DNA3000 mentions a few of the countries and the laws stopping them from being included on the 2nd page.

I speak for myself and my country. Italy is one of these countries? Please, stop putting all of us in the same pan.
    Italy is one of the most important country in the world (even for the bad things i know :D ) and there is a law that stop videogames tournaments? I don't think so. We're european champions of PES for example.
    Do you know what is funny? It's funny that you use arrogant words to assert your idea, without informing you and considering each country different from the other. So no, Italy is not the problem and I think many of other countries are not. But it is kabam's choice.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    elwë said:

I speak for myself and my country. Italy is one of these countries? Please, stop putting all of us in the same pan.
    Italy is one of the most important country in the world (even for the bad things i know :D ) and there is a law that stop videogames tournaments? I don't think so. We're european champions of PES for example.
    Do you know what is funny? It's funny that you use arrogant words to assert your idea, without informing you and considering each country different from the other. So no, Italy is not the problem and I think many of other countries are not. But it is kabam's choice.
    Since you’re being ignorant and arrogant, here’s the post I was referring too, so sit down, and look up the laws in your country.
    DNA3000 said:

What exactly are the competition and shipping laws that Have led to the exclusion of several countries including all African nations?

Yeah, when this came up in the past I looked up eight separate jurisdictions before I decided that I was doing other people's homework.

Off the top of my head, a lot of different regions have laws that require all contest rules and promotional materials be registered with the government significantly ahead of time. Quebec is actually one of those areas, but there were others. Some areas require companies to pay a fee to register contests and sweepstakes, I think Quebec was actually one of those again. Paying that fee in every single country that requires it would be costly. Some had laws that governed contests and sweepstakes differently based on whether random chance was involved, predominant, or non-existent. Random chance isn't limited to just random prizes, qualifying parameters that have random chance (even tie breakers) can trigger completely separate regulations.

There were countries that restricted how you could advertise, when you could advertise, varied the definition of what a "material prize" was, and some even had specific laws that required prize awards to be monitored by a government agency (I believe Italy was one of those).

The problem is the laws can be so complex and byzantine that it is less a question of which countries to exclude, and more a question of which ones you're absolutely certain you aren't breaking the law in. Every single country has to be separately vetted. Even in the EU, laws can vary by country when it comes to this sort of thing.

When you ask what exactly are the laws that restricted which countries and territories can compete, you're asking for a textbook-sized document, with one chapter for each country or region that isn't listed.
    Just gonna add onto the bottom here, I googled Italian laws and while I can’t say either way whether the source was reputable, if it is and the info was correct, I don’t blame them for excluding Italy, one of the things mentioned was requiring an Italian someone or other to be present when the winners are picked (again I don’t know how reputable the source is), kinda hard with current world situation don’t you think?