**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Killawabz wrote: »
    Rank down tickets, where dey at doe.

How about rank up tickets instead ? This whole diversity thing needs to be completely reevaluated. Doing it by bg won't work; if something comes up and someone leaves the alliance or gets kicked (**** happens) you've just lost your war.

You used to be able to win by laying smart with 9 guys against 10, now, no matter what you do, being 1 player short will cost you the war. It doesn't matter if it's a 1,2, or 3 group war, you have to have a full group as long as diversity is a metric.
  • Options
    DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    Was the diversity changed from bg to alliance without a proper announcement ? I know it was to be fixed "as soon as possible" but the ally's that have to coordinate to 100% and that try to max diversity at what the current score card was per bg......
  • Options
    Killawabz wrote: »
    Rank down tickets, where dey at doe.

Problem is rank down ticks wont solve this whole logistical mess created with new aw system. Everyones roster will keep evolving, u Cant use same set of champs every time, you have to accommodate others in your ally based on their changing roster. Rankdown tickets will be just a temporary fix to calm down some of us

• Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    JJW wrote: »
    Kabam - someone higher up needs to be seeing this if they aren't.

AW is ruined. It's not fun anymore. When you take away the very CORE aspect of a game - being fun - you risk a very, very bad turnout. The number of players who are simply unhappy is very alarming. Again, I hope the higher ups are looped in right now.

This cannot continue. Losing because of diversity is a terrible element to our enjoyment of this game.

I have been assured that the AW Design team is monitoring this thread. The nonsense posted don't help this swamp, but they are reviewing these posts.

Who is giving you these assurances ??
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    Why are people acting as if an independent arms length watchdog is monitoring these threads to make sure Kabam is on the up and up?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They read the Threads. They've been reading since it started. They just don't reply to every comment.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Balm82 wrote: »
    As it stands, if both Alliances have 100% Diversity & 100% the map then it comes down to defender rating, which ultimately is the size of the Alliance. So if a 12M Alliance( like mine) faces a 12.5M Alliance then we should surrender straight away as it would be impossible to win due to defender rating. It wont matter how many items or times u force quit, u cant win!

Not necessarily. It all depends on the Rating of what is placed. Total Ally Rating is the total of the Rating of all Members. That can vary based on number of Champs and Ranks. Defender Rating is based on what is placed. At least that's my understanding.
  • Options
    Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    I don't understand how you make AW go on for this long in one state, allowing players to upgrade a solid defence team. Then all of a sudden you remove defender kill points and add this 'diversity' thing. Our specific defence teams which we've built up are now worthless in a single update. How you still refuse (and ignore) the request for some form of compensation is disgusting. This is exactly like 12.0, everything we have built up for nothing, and we are completely unprepared for it.
  • Options
    DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    How you still refuse (and ignore) the request for some form of compensation is disgusting.

2.0 has to be reversed entirely because there is no amount of compensation that will help in this situation. Entire rosters just got devalued and the long term strategy of this game means ranking up every champ you get your hands on regardless of effectiveness for the sake of diversity.

Moving to difference alliances will prove to be a giant hassle for the one's applying and for the alliance accepting.

AW requires a full time team accountant to look over every champ on 30 different rosters (and prospective members) so they can figure out maximum diversity and defender rating.

This is 10x worse than 12.0.

Once every champ is equal, you no longer have something to strive for and that's when the game tanks because no one will bother investing.
  • Options
    DD2 wrote: »
    How you still refuse (and ignore) the request for some form of compensation is disgusting.

2.0 has to be reversed entirely because there is no amount of compensation that will help in this situation. Entire rosters just got devalued and the long term strategy of this game means ranking up every champ you get your hands on regardless of effectiveness for the sake of diversity.

Moving to difference alliances will prove to be a giant hassle for the one's applying and for the alliance accepting.

AW requires a full time team accountant to look over every champ on 30 different rosters (and prospective members) so they can figure out maximum diversity and defender rating.

This is 10x worse than 12.0.

Once every champ is equal, you no longer have something to strive for and that's when the game tanks because no one will bother investing.

I believe you misquoted there.
  • Options
    Pow3rKatPow3rKat Posts: 18
    Not necessarily. It all depends on the Rating of what is placed...

As always, you are once again... wrong.

Here is an example of how "defender diversity" can beat "defender rating", even if you don't fully explore a map.

ij6xdnyi666p.jpg

• Options
    What I'm saying is it still depends on what they place because Defender Rating is based on 0.002 Points per PI placed. Not the total Rating of the Ally. Which means it all depends on the PI they placed.
  • Options
    Yes. What I was saying is the Ally Rating is not always an indication that you will automatically lose because of Defender Rating because the Ally Rating is a total of the entire Ally's PI. That varies based on their Roster and Rank. That's not a reflection of what they place. Meaning, they place 5 Defenders at varying PIs, but in your example, any variable could happen. Now, if you're a 2 Mil going up against a 12 Mil that may be a good indication. If you're a 12 Mil going up against a 13 Mil, not necessarily. As it stands, we don't have 150 Champs available for full Diversity.
  • Options
    The point I'm trying to make is that the Ally being that much higher than you is not a guaranteed Loss because of Defender Rating. It depends on what's placed.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I'm not actually. I'm saying other factors are at play besides the Ally Rating.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    It's true some alliances sell 2*s and 3*s, rating isn't everything but it is a good indicator, it's broken right now as it's supposed to be diversity across all battle groups not within each bttle group, after that is fixed, and people have the hang of placing every champ they have, wins will be down to which alliance haS the rarest and newest champs,
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Where are you getting 190 from @Balm82?
    If the system worked the way Kabam intended then there's only 106 or so champs to maximize diversity. As it stands for each bg diversity you o it need 50 unique champs to maximize 100% diversity
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    War was only thing keeping me playing. Without a fun challenging format within the game there just us nothing left for me
This discussion has been closed.