**TROUBLES LOGGING IN**
We are aware of an issue causing issues for some Summoners attempting to connect to MCOC. We are currently investigating and are hoping to have resolution soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Options

Would You Look At That, It's Another OC MCoC Kit

HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
Surely some of you have seen the MCoC-style kits that have been floating around the forums recently for original characters. I rather liked this idea, and was ready to draw up my own when I remembered I'd already done this a year or so before! Unfortunately, due to the rather staggering rate at which I run through ideas and improve upon them, this kit is extraordinarily outdated - it was indeed written at a time when my book went by another title entirely. Yet I rather like the concepts presented here, or at least prefer them vastly to the opportunities afforded by a kit that adhered strongly to my current draft.

Allow me to explain some of the terminology used here - in my book, 95% of Humans are exactly as they are now. But, for millennia, unseen to the wider Human world, hidden within their own City-States, there exists a 5% who possess great powers and exert considerable influence over the world around them. These 5% were, at least at the time of writing this kit, known as "Technos". I have chosen not to update this terminology to better reflect that this kit does not represent the current state of my book. Technos are divided into four Clans, each with their own characteristic personality traits; for instance, the character described here is an Alpha, who are defined by their compassion, resoluteness, and leadership abilities. Though I often joke that the world I've created is "Harry Potter, but they're all Green Lanterns", I cannot say this comparison is not richly deserved.

Technos, furthermore, can have possess one of four traits regarding their powers. They can be Strikers, which gives them proficiency with offensive skills, Defenders, which gives them a strong affinity with defensive skills, Forges, who enhance technology and weaponry, and Gales, who are the healers among Technos. I took inspiration from video game classes with this aspect of the world, as I'm sure is clear. The character presented here, Joe, is and was the protagonist of my book. You'll see all four traits of Techno powers represented in this kit - the reasoning behind this, very simply, is that just over a year ago Joe was a Mary Sue who I bestowed upon all the powers possible. I hope you enjoy the kit, though, which I've only added minor updates to for readability and general logic.

Joe Valeski (Legend of the Phoenix)

Abilities

Techno Magic
Joe uses his latent Techno Magic powers, drawing from every type of power, to enhance his abilities during battle.

Striker
  • As a Striker, Joe is exceptionally skilled in using his Techno Magic to power his attacks.
  • Whenever he strikes a Critical Hit, he gains a Fury buff, granting him 10% increased attack for 12 seconds.
  • Joe can have up to 10 Furies at any given time.
  • If Joe would generate an additional Fury at the maximum capacity, he loses control over his Techno Magic, consuming all his Buffs and gaining a Striker Overload buff for 10 seconds. While Joe has this Overload buff, he has +200% Attack and deals an extra 20% of Energy Damage when attacking, but loses -125% Block Proficiency.
Defender
  • As a Defender, Joe is adept at using Techno Magic in order to defend himself.
  • Whenever Joe is struck or blocks a hit, he gains a Reflex Buff for 12 seconds, granting him +7.5% Evade Chance. If performing a Well-Timed Block, he gains double the Reflex buffs.
  • Joe can have up to 10 Reflex Buffs at any given time.
  • Joe cannot evade while performing a Well-Timed Block.
  • If Joe would generate an additional Reflex buff at the maximum capacity, he loses control over his Techno Magic, consuming all his Buffs and gaining a Defender Overload buff for 10 seconds. While Joe has this Overload buff, he has a 70% to Auto-Block incoming hits and +50% Physical and Energy Resistance, but loses -75% Attack for the duration of Defense Overload.
Forge
  • As a Forge, Joe is naturally skilled in rerouting his Techno Magic to further serve him during battle.
  • Whenever Joe performs an Intercept or is Intercepted, he gains a Forge buff, granting him +7.5% Critical Damage, and +5% Buff duration indefinitely.
  • Joe can have a maximum of 20 Forge Buffs.
  • If Joe would generate an additional Forge buff while at the maximum capacity, he loses control over his Techno Magic, consuming all his Forge Buffs in order to gain a Forge Overload Buff for 10 seconds. While Joe has this Forge Overload buff, the duration of his other buffs are paused and he has +150% Critical Damage, but cannot generate any more buffs and has -75% Power Gain rate.
Gale
  • As a Gale, Joe is naturally skilled in healing through his Techno Magic abilities.
  • Whenever he drops below a 10% health threshold, Joe gains a Gale buff, which grants him 5% Health Steal indefinitely.
  • Joe can have a maximum of 10 Gale Buffs.
  • When he has at least 3 Gale buffs, Joe can dash back and hold block for 1.5 seconds to consume a Gale buff and recover 5% HP.
  • If Joe would generate an additional Gale buff while at the maximum capacity, he loses control over his Techno Magic, consuming all his Buffs in order to gain a Gale Overload buff for 10 seconds. While Joe has this Gale Overload buff, he has 100% Health Steal, but has -100% Offensive Power Rate.
Overload
  • Whenever Joe loses control of his Techno Magic and gains any Overload buff, he inadvertently hurts himself, losing 15% of his Max HP over the duration of Overload.
Sword of Alpha
  • Joe possesses the legendary Sword of Alpha, which empowers his abilities during battle.
  • Every Sword hit has an 11% chance to Bleed the opponent, dealing 15% of Joe’s Modified Attack over 8 seconds.
Special Attacks

Special One: Lightning Blasts: Joe delivers two heavy strikes with the Sword of Alpha, then lets loose two twin bolts of lighting.
  • Every hit of this attack is a Guaranteed Critical Hit.
  • If no part of this attack is blocked or evaded, Joe gains 6 Forge Buffs when the attack ends. Otherwise, he gains, 4 Reflex Buffs.
  • For every Buff on Joe, this attack has a 5% chance to Concuss the opponent, reducing their Ability Accuracy by a flat 40% for 8 seconds. Multiple stacks of this Concussion can be inflicted.

Special Two: Hurricane: Joe summons hurricane-level winds, then flies through the air due to the sheer power of the wind, slashing the opponent before finishing off with a Techno Magic-powered punch.
  • This attack has a 100% chance to Stun the opponent for 4 seconds.
  • Joe gains 4 Gale buffs.
Special Three: Vengeance: Surrounding the opponent with powerful blasts of Techno Magic lightning, Joe slashes at them with the Sword of Alpha, before finishing them off with a final thunderous bolt!
  • Gain the Overload buff corresponding to the Buff that Joe has the most of at the time of activation. Consume all other Buffs to deal an extra 20% damage during this attack.

Signature Ability: Guardian of Alpha

• As Joe continues to gain experience with his role as Guardian of Alpha, he gains increased control over his abilities.
  • When finishing a 5-hit combo with a Medium attack, the Sword of Alpha has up to a 50% chance to inspire a burst of Confidence in Joe, pausing his Buff duration for 4 seconds.
  • This chance is increased the more health Joe has.
It's overkill, I know, but that was the amount of powers I threw onto Joe a year or so ago. I've wasted so much time making the colors and formatting and such - I really should get back to writing - but nevertheless I hope you enjoyed reading this kit!

Comments

• Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I read the first two sets and my eyes rolled into the back of my head.

75% evade chance? -125% block proficiency after 11 crits? Are you absolutely NUTS?

If this were a champion it'd need desperate rebalancing.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    YoMoves said:

75% evade chance? -125% block proficiency after 11 crits? Are you absolutely NUTS?

It’s a 7.5% not 75%. That’s lower than Starky’s
  • Options
    I am 100% nuts, yes.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

7.5% evade chance. Starky evades more. Also, he loses -125% Block Proficiency, meaning he sucks at blocking.
  • Options
    I acknowledge that it's complete overkill though. Reflex buffs could perhaps be tuned down to .75% per buff, so 7.5% at max stacks.

Believe it or not, this is after I tuned it down. I apologize for my lack of numerical insight.
  • Options

YoMoves said:

7.5% PER Reflex buff. Max stacks 10.

75%.
  • Options

YoMoves said:

7.5% evade chance. Starky evades more. Also, he loses -125% Block Proficiency, meaning he sucks at blocking.
    See above on evade chance. As for that block proficiency thing, that's my point-it makes him unusable for attack but nigh-broken on defense. That evade chance is unprecedentedly high, not to mention everything else. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

See above on evade chance. As for that block proficiency thing, that's my point-it makes him unusable for attack but nigh-broken on defense. That evade chance is unprecedentedly high, not to mention everything else. It's ridiculous.
    You have a point and are correct. I have an unfortunate tendency to overshoot when it comes to these kinds of kits. I think, as mentioned before, .75% per buff for a total of 7.5% at max stacks would be a sufficient improvement. I'm OK with him having no block proficiency on defense since, in order to get Striker Overload, he'd have to hit you and get 11 Crits - on defense, that's going to kill you long before you can take advantage. Thanks for pointing this out :smile:
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

75%.
    Ah I see that now, I just assumed it was a one tome 7.5% evade chance and it wouldn’t stack
  • Options

YoMoves said:

YoMoves said:

75%.
    Ah I see that now, I just assumed it was a one tome 7.5% evade chance and it wouldn’t stack
    Yep, my bad entirely. From now on, please consider it 7.5% at max stacks, and thus .75% per buff. Thank you to everyone who's given input so far. I welcome any more constructive criticism or questions, since I might do more of these in the future!