**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My only problem with the boss rush.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

my only problem with boss rush is that havok otherwise i can do it with 4 stars

use havok or cyclops for him then
    I would have loved a havok myself
    dont have him on 5* level though
    unfortunately i only have 2 counters for havok 1 is g2099 and warlock
    Quake.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    If you have her.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    I never understand why people try blasting through on day 1 then offer opinions on why the quest stinks, it might be cool for the already gud crowd and the mad spenders who will blow through anything anyway the day it's released but for regular folk, why not wait, do some research, have a crack then back away with your dignity intact if you fail.
  • PaddoPaddo Posts: 90
    It's a boss rush, so I feel like it's okay that they are challenging and punishing. It's low energy so you can go in again and again, keep trying (with different Champs), and maybe even get a little better at the game thanks to this. For instance, I got clipped by Havok 3 or 4 times in a row, but after that I got better at parry-stunning him on his second hit.

So my advice would be not to complain about the high attack rate, instead just keep trying. cause trying to do fights perfectly and eventuamly doing it actually feels rewarding and makes you better.
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Reference said:
    @Reference thats awesome with quake,
    Is she still classed as “beyond god” if you don’t use her to make the ground shaky and unstable therefore knocking out the opponent with a migraine?

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    The problem isn't the content, its that you are trying to engage in content that is beyond your current progression and/or skill level. Epic is not for players that are still largely relying on 5/50's and a couple 4/55's. From the roster you described, Master is suited to your current progression.

Be thankful there are multiple difficulties. Traditionally, boss rush challenges were only available in one difficulty: the absolute top difficulty. I had to skip many boss rush challenges until I was far enough in the game to complete it, and only by the skin of my teeth.

I remember it well. It was a content creator designed boss rush with KK as the final encounter. I used every resource in my stash plus all my units and just barely beat it. Got a 4* Groot for all that effort (this was back when 4*'s were the equivalent of what 5*'s are currently). I definitely cut my teeth to get where Im at now, but it's the same for every progressing player, and actually it's a whole lot easier these days.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    My advice is exactly what I didn't do. Be patient, back out when you fail and try again. Slowly you will become comfortable with each fight until you can do it near itemless.

I rushed it because I wanted it done before joining aq, but it only cost me a few revives.
  • StopNTakeStopNTake Posts: 50
    I’ve become uncollected recently but I have only one 4* at r5 and two 5* at r2 so I didn’t even try epic because I know I need more practice, time, and development as I returned back to game only two weeks ago (and I have never played in a consistent manner before) and even master was challenging for me. Sometimes you have to embrace the truth and enjoy the rewards you can get. It’s a game. Progression itself feels very nice too. I’m really happy that I’ve made my hero rating 170k from 145k in two weeks and completed all difficulties in Northern Expeditions. I’ve become more patient as I actually manage to save 5* shards for dual crystals. Explore and try the other parts of the game if you feel stuck in one so you may find sense of accomplishment eventually.
  • TalharajpootTalharajpoot Posts: 381 ★★
    I agreed about difficulty in epic is a bit harder but I like it . I failed 13 times but then I succeed and it was the best moment of the month for me
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I've been playing about a year, just became Cav and have a very strong roster and I can't do it, but I don't think the problem lies in the difficulty, but more on my reliance on two types of playstyles - parry or baiting and punishing heavies. Now with boss rush Havok that's not possible (Trying to learn reparry). But its here for a long time, and very little energy so I'll keep practicing and hopefully build on my skills. If I complete it, yay, if not then maybe I'll have learnt a new skill at least.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I've been playing about a year, just became Cav and have a very strong roster and I can't do it, but I don't think the problem lies in the difficulty, but more on my reliance on two types of playstyles - parry or baiting and punishing heavies. Now with boss rush Havok that's not possible (Trying to learn reparry). But its here for a long time, and very little energy so I'll keep practicing and hopefully build on my skills. If I complete it, yay, if not then maybe I'll have learnt a new skill at least.

learning to double parry the likes of havok and imiw is key, if you did that you could parry kill your entire way through this boss rush.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Should we expect one of these each week? Not all content is for everyone. It is good to find out exactly where you are in your progression, but it's not worth complaining when you hit your limit. Learn, get better, so you can move farther along next event.

Imagine the posts once the omega rush comes out! Relatively easy to clear 6 champs with a team of 5, what's 30-31 gonna be like!
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

Should we expect one of these each week? Not all content is for everyone. It is good to find out exactly where you are in your progression, but it's not worth complaining when you hit your limit. Learn, get better, so you can move farther along next event.

Imagine the posts once the omega rush comes out! Relatively easy to clear 6 champs with a team of 5, what's 30-31 gonna be like!

I’m still scared for what omega quest might be.

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Can someone please explain reparry?
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

might be? They already stated what it's going to be!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

So some champs like havok and imiw war have attacks that are not parry able, typically the medium charge attacks. So what happens is they charge in you parry, but it is counted as a regular block not a parry. What you do is release the block and time a second perfect block on their light attack, which then parries them.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

So some champs like havok and imiw war have attacks that are not parry able, typically the medium charge attacks. So what happens is they charge in you parry, but it is counted as a regular block not a parry. What you do is release the block and time a second perfect block on their light attack, which then parries them.
    oh. Thanks!
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Lagacy has a video on it but the basic idea is to drop your block for a split second after their first hit the immediately parry the second hit
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

You parry the non contact but doesn't inflict stun, then you lift your finger for a tiny second and parry the next attack, usually a contact and the stun lands. Timing is key, I can't do it consistently. There's loads of YouTube videos that explain better than me 😂
  • BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★

might be? They already stated what it's going to be!
    Well yeah you’re right I worded it wrong.

• _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    So im just like you, master easy Epic is a grind. I got to havoc and died on epic, chose not to use revives, i probably couldve used all my revives and some units to muster through but for 6000 5* and 500 6*, i rather save it to go Cavalier, im on 6.1, only 1 r5 and 1 good 6*, i need the rewards like you said, i 100% UC every month proud of it. We are in betweeners i guess, need another r5 or another 6*2 to get over the hump
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Also just putting it out there. My lvl 44 alt with a BHR of 188,449 Prestige of 4,883, who is not even uncollected yet, was able to complete epic.

So this alone proves that yes it can done with r4s
    The omega boss rush will be the one thats gonna be real hard
    You have people like Havok which literally counters most of these dudes and Quake which makes pretty much all content a cake walk, and as a bonus you have Warlock in there too. I own Quake and Havok, just don't have the gold to take them up, but can't say "Oh this was easy" with all the counters you need
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

learning to double parry the likes of havok and imiw is key, if you did that you could parry kill your entire way through this boss rush.
    Why is it people can’t intercept...?!! This is ‘epic’ Content and we got people talking about relying on parry.

Let’s hope next week we get 15k attack and all stun immune. This is mean to be top tier content, that’s why different levels I.e. master exist
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    edited July 2020
    I've been able to fully explore master for the past 2 events. For the northern expedition, i was able to fully explore epic for the first 3 weeks. Week 4's korg and some other champs were difficult for me. But the master difficulty for the smackdown is really high. Thing alone would take 3 or 4 of my champs. It's really harder than usual. Why dont we have the additional difficulty like canadian for this one, so that master don't have to be that brutal?
    I only have maxxed 4stars and only 1 r4 5star.
  • Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    Monk1 said:

Lormif said:

Why is it people can’t intercept...?!! This is ‘epic’ Content and we got people talking about relying on parry.

Let’s hope next week we get 15k attack and all stun immune. This is mean to be top tier content, that’s why different levels I.e. master exist
    whats wrong with reparrying? i use both intercept and reparry it just makes your gameplay better.
  • Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    edited July 2020
    DariusYi said:

I've been able to fully explore master for the past 2 events. For the northern expedition, i was able to fully explore epic for the first 3 weeks. Week 4's korg and some other champs were difficult for me. But the master difficulty for the smackdown is really high. Thing alone would take 3 or 4 of my champs. It's really harder than usual. Why dont we have the additional difficulty like canadian for this one, so that master don't have to be that brutal?
    I only have maxxed 4stars and only 1 r4 5star.

because it is not really a side quest, it is a boss rush (but it is in 'side quests' so I might be wrong). and new difficulty is only in test mode for side quests. in the future there should be legendary difficulty as said in dev diaries. still, it doesn't mean masters will become easier. just some quests are hard some easier. only monthly stay relatively same difficulty
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

10k attack... eating a full combo won’t kill you lol.

If you eat 2-3, then definitely. But if you eat 2-3 combos, then there’s something wrong with the skills, no?

One combo from thing is 100% enough to kill my stealthy.