**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

HELP! AW KORG ON NODE 23!

We are in tier 11 of alliance war. Our BG has constantly had problems with an awakened korg on node 23.

Nodes : 1) Mix Master (same basic attack twice in a row 100% chance to evade the second attack)
2) Aggression:Prowess (every 2 secs, the defender gains a prowess passive increasing special attack damage by 50% per
stack)

What champions to bring in to counter and what technique should be used? Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    Ghost to
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Proxima prevents him from shrugging her stuns, so you can parry-light-light-light to remove his armor, then destroy him with specials.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Bdot13 said:

We are in tier 11 of alliance war. Our BG has constantly had problems with an awakened korg on node 23.

Nodes : 1) Mix Master (same basic attack twice in a row 100% chance to evade the second attack)
    2) Aggression:Prowess (every 2 secs, the defender gains a prowess passive increasing special attack damage by 50% per
    stack)

What champions to bring in to counter and what technique should be used? Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

I took this fight maybe 4 times with Doom this season, tier 4, so he has oscilate. I played with a mix of parry + LMLM and ML dash back. If you aren't good evading his sp1 try to keep your aura active or go for sp3 to hit harder and remove his stacks, especially if you're getting cornered. Always focus to remember your last attack because you can try to hit him knowing that he will evade and then parry
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Quake, ghost, domino(synergy heavy spam), omega and literally any champ if u keep doing MLM compos 😉
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Omega + ST is a great counter. Just gotta stick to MLM or LMLM combos, and make sure you remember not to punish a heavy/special with a Medium dash if you ended your last combo on an M.

I have a quick video for reference here if you’d like to take a look at my approach to the fight: https://streamable.com/5m0dm7

This was in T3 with Stubborn, he also has Oscillate. My setup included full suicides, and you can see the boosts I had on for peace of mind.

I like to lock in a heavy degen early, then just parry and wait for some spores to build without hitting into him - essentially keeping him below 1 bar of power for as long as possible at the start for some free damage. Once you’ve got 10+ spores on him, he’ll be unable to shrug off your stuns, and from there it’s just a case of managing your combos and heavy timings to keep the spore count locked in.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    If there isn’t stubborn ghost is a top option, omega with sabre and suicides can solo and also a heavily boosted Corvus can with true strike active
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Omega. High sig namor. Sabertooth with KM synergy.
  • 16wegnerk16wegnerk Posts: 210 ★★
    Ghost, light intercepts until rock shield is down, then ML combos and massive SP2
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Havok works.
  • Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    Hi! I just took this node today so I can offer some insight.

I used Emma Frost with an advanced power boost for that exact same fight and it was easy. I would say the most problematic node is mix-master. Emma can counter evade while she's in telepath form. Emma switches to telepath form while she's at least one power bar ahead of her opponent (that's where the boost comes in). By using the boost, you automatically switch from diamond to telepath form, and therefore don't have to worry about the mix master node.

Also, make sure to not use specials so you always stay in telepath form. I hope this helps, and good luck! :)
  • Mr549Mr549 Posts: 29
    Emma is a great counter to mix master but she doesn't counter Korgs thorns damage.
  • Bdot13Bdot13 Posts: 77
    Ciciliato said:

Bdot13 said:

stack)

I took this fight maybe 4 times with Doom this season, tier 4, so he has oscilate. I played with a mix of parry + LMLM and ML dash back. If you aren't good evading his sp1 try to keep your aura active or go for sp3 to hit harder and remove his stacks, especially if you're getting cornered. Always focus to remember your last attack because you can try to hit him knowing that he will evade and then parry
    Thanks mate just solo'd him easy using doom. Up in tier 8 now. Cheers! @Ciciliato @pseudosane
  • Happy to help!
  • TommyGunn86TommyGunn86 Posts: 23
    My alliance bounces from tiers 5 through 7 and I’m the mix master guy just about every war. I can solo him with doom, Claire and torch. I started with using doom but it seems like it takes longer. Claire is great because you keep her in blood phase and regen any chip damage. I parry and make sure the parry sticks and then I do Mll combo and dash back. Then I wait for her to dash in and I parry and mll then dash back. Repeat until I have a sp2 and fire it off. Make sure he has no rock stacks when throwing the spc so you get maximum damage and healing back. Just recently a alliance mate suggested using torch since I recently pulled a 6 star. He’s unduped at r2 and I don’t use the preflight on korg and he can melt korg pretty quick since korg is weak to energy damage. Only caveat to torch is that you’ve gotta use health potions after the fight to top off. I’m still not great at dexing korgs sp1 so I eat a lot of block damage when I’m not able to push to a sp2 and doing only 3 hit combos it’s hard to push him there. So with all that said I’d recommend Claire til you get the hang of it so you have the cushion of regen. Once you get used to that fight it’ll come natural and you’ll look back and laugh at how hard you thought the fight was before. You’ll also learn his style and know immediately if a parry doesn’t stick. A lot of rng is involved regarding the parry’s sticking. Another fail safe is to have a alliance mate take a white mags and put the pre fight on him before you take the fight. He will never shrug a parry with white mags pre fight and it’s a straight forward fight. Also IMIF can fight him straight up bc he bypasses mix master. It just seems like a super long fight with the imif bc of his low damage. Hope this helps everyone.

For newer node 23 guys I recommend Claire with the white mags preflight.
    I can’t seem to get the hang of prof x. I have him as 5* sig 160 at r3. I always mess up the refresh of prowess and such. I guesss I should practice bc I’ve seen vids of massive damage from him.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Use white Magneto sig ability than you beat him with any hero champion pretty much. Also, just learn quake, it'll make your life easier. I take that fight every war and its an easy quake fight.
    I have a video of me soloing korg with Claire but can’t seem to figure out how to post it. If anyone needs to see it for help my line Id is the same as this username. TommyGunn86
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Havok
  • Doovid12Doovid12 Posts: 83
    Omega Red, Sorcerer Supreme, Quake, Havok, Doom. (Any energy attackers)
    You can do ML then back off
    Parry LL-MLM (but watch out for korg shrugging off the parry)
  • damianohmdamianohm Posts: 154
    Storm x can stun and counters evade with sp1. Energy attacks too.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 152 ★★
    Didn't kabam specifically buff falcon for that fight?