**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Name one most overrated and one most underrated champ

12346»

Comments

• manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    Iceman is underrated and probably Luke Cage is overrated
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    edited July 2020
    manan_44 said:

Iceman is underrated and probably Luke Cage is overrated

If you’ve been around longer than a year and half, you’d know that iceman is definitely not underrated, just merely outshone by the shiny newer champs
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Overrated - Can't exactly say overrated I would go with Ghost because she needs skill and time to master plus she can be useful without synergies. But without Hood and Wasp she misses out on a lot because unblockable specials who doesn't want that. The Hood synergy which she takes no damage while phasing that's what gives her the best needed use and what makes her a great suicide option. Her major disadvantage is she has low durability and a few hits will just kill her and in Endgame content even a slight mistake proves costly.

I’m sorry, but most of what you said about ghost is false. I mean, unblockable specials is convenient, but not totally necessary. There are a quite a few ways to use ghost without wasp and still take no block damage. Also, ghost is great with suicides even without hood. She shrugs off the bleed and poison at the start of the fight and gets a large attack increase as well. Hood’s synergy with ghost with ghost only gives her 3more things, which are not taking sp3 damage, not taking passive effect damage, and not taking recoil damage, all of which are not necessary. Additionally, ghost is amazing because of her ability to not need to block/parry. Most people with ghosts in endgame content are talented and rarely mess up. Quake is flimsy too, but no one is saying she is overrated because of that. So, by your standards, is quake overrated because she is hard to play, is flimsy, and has average damage output?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Overrated - Can't exactly say overrated I would go with Ghost because she needs skill and time to master plus she can be useful without synergies. But without Hood and Wasp she misses out on a lot because unblockable specials who doesn't want that. The Hood synergy which she takes no damage while phasing that's what gives her the best needed use and what makes her a great suicide option. Her major disadvantage is she has low durability and a few hits will just kill her and in Endgame content even a slight mistake proves costly.

Lets break this down together, shall we?
    Okay first off, just because quake takes time to master, does that make her overrated? I don’t think so... And although the synergies are helpful, you can always special intercept with ghost and she is still amazing with suicides. Also ever heard of not using specials? The Hood synergy isn’t what makes her a great suicides option, but I helps. Hood lets you tank sp3s. Also, quake, all the spidermen, hitmonkey, and many others have lower health pools, that doesn’t make them bad for endgame content does it? And ghost is especially good for endgame content as she doesn’t have to take block damage. Are we using the same ghost @Midnite93?
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Underrated- Rulk. He’s a powerhouse but seems to get left in the shadows because of the Domino synergy.

Overrated - Corvus. As a non suicide user he just doesn’t have the stopping power I need in 6.4 unless I’m boosted to my eyeballs
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Overrated : Domino
    Underrated : Luke cage
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

time to actually answer-
    Overrated: Namor
    Underrated: OG Guillotine

Spidey I'm sorry but if you are only on 5.3.1 you can't really have a very high opinion about namor

Underrated: Angela
    Overrated: probably domino...

Domino is great for a progressing player. She loses value in the endgame, but for Acts 1-5 she’s a total beast.
    Spidey, Domino has super strong AAr, can bypass certain nodes and her damage is nuts. I wouldn't call her useless in variants and endgame. Personally I use my 4 star in AQ, can demolish the 5.65 moleman map 4 boss. My 5 star at r4 with no suicides does a sub 100 hit ROL kill. Also have you tried running full trinity? Makes her a lot better
    i didn’t call her useless in variants and endgame. I said she loses value. There’s a difference.

As for Namor, I took mine to r3 because people said he’s great, but he’s just sitting on my bench.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

Midnite93 said:

specials who doesn't want that. The Hood synergy which she takes no damage while phasing that's what gives her the best needed use and what makes her a great suicide option. Her major disadvantage is she has low durability and a few hits will just kill her and in Endgame content even a slight mistake proves costly.

Lets break this down together, shall we?
    Okay first off, just because quake takes time to master, does that make her overrated? I don’t think so... And although the synergies are helpful, you can always special intercept with ghost and she is still amazing with suicides. Also ever heard of not using specials? The Hood synergy isn’t what makes her a great suicides option, but I helps. Hood lets you tank sp3s. Also, quake, all the spidermen, hitmonkey, and many others have lower health pools, that doesn’t make them bad for endgame content does it? And ghost is especially good for endgame content as she doesn’t have to take block damage. Are we using the same ghost @Midnite93?
    Good point I dont think she's overrated she is correctly rated @Masterpuff. She is absolutely perfect for those who mastered her. Learn her playstyle and your good to go she's easier to master than Quake. I only listed out her limits. As for overrated I don't see anyone as of yet.
    I gotcha man.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287

Rouger4 said:

Why magik is good
    1. She has easy to access and reliable power lock. She can keep the opponent locked in the corner and intercept all day
    2. she can heal from recoil if you run half suicides(when awakened)
    3. she is simple and easy to use, no fancy playstyle required

Yea but then the Ai was changed so she isn’t as effective anymore
    she can still powerlock reliably. She's probably the best options for mojo flow bosses

May be, may be not, but just curious, do you often post this opinion from your personal experience or just by watching/hearing someone else?
  • Riot1234Riot1234 Posts: 44
    underrated has to be Killmonger. He does not get enough love in this community. The most fun I have had this month is cheesing the hell out of Icarus node in act 6. He might not have an amazing damage output, but his utility is really amazing. In my book, he is an amazing if not the best Hyp counter and fights stun immune like a boss. His true strike is so useful for so much endgame content. Killmonger, in the hands of a skilled player can be extremely useful to get through act 6 content.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

hawkeye is the best underated champ period . an i personally hate ghost so shes overated for me

I agree with you on the hawkeye but like I guess you hate ghost because she can cover 80 percent of all content so that means she sucks right or that you don't like that she can faze through whole specials and deal crazy damage because you don't know how to play her? I don't get it at all. So if you get ghost you won't rank her upright? You obviously won't be super hyped. I get that it's your opinion so you can just give her to me! bruh.
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    Blade is overrated
    Stealthy is underrated by seatin
    By others I think magik
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Overrated: Captain Marvel Movie (CMM)
    Underrated: Iron-man Infinity War (IMIW)

CMM is probably properly rated for most people, but for me personally, I don't enjoy playing with her and she seems limited to me. Her major damage is locked behind ramping up, and is too bursty. (I'm not a fan of ramping up champions, as the most fun times is when fully ramped up, and by then you're done with the quest/event).

IMIW is low-key amazing to me. Tons of utility, and has good 'keep-away from SP3' power control capabilities. Not the best counter, but is a decent counter for a lot of tricky nodes/defenders. Highly viable without being stressful when playing at low health (when duped). Synergy partners are usually good/great champions in their own right, so its not like you have to bring someone lame on the team.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Rouger4 said:

Why magik is good
    1. She has easy to access and reliable power lock. She can keep the opponent locked in the corner and intercept all day
    2. she can heal from recoil if you run half suicides(when awakened)
    3. she is simple and easy to use, no fancy playstyle required

Yea but then the Ai was changed so she isn’t as effective anymore
    she can still powerlock reliably. She's probably the best options for mojo flow bosses
    May be, may be not, but just curious, do you often post this opinion from your personal experience or just by watching/hearing someone else?

Half and half. I can powerlock reliably and corner intercept most of the time when I use my magik. I also watch war videos on youtube
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Overrated: Blade. I'm probably saying this cause mine is at r2 unawakened (no regen), and I don't have a SE Spiderman. His damage is ok to me. I guess I was super excited when I got him, and he sort of disappointed me.

Underrated: Crossbones. He was my first 5 star champ and helped me get through a lot of content. Being able to bypass evade and autoblock is super useful. His damage gets pretty good with a couple of furies too
  • manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    Underrated: Sentinel. The big purple robot can ramp up in one fight easily and much quicker if awakened. His analysis charges provide him with crit resistance, increased attack etc. His sp2 melts opponents via incinerate and his sp1 armor breaks and heal blocks. His sp3 creates an armor buff which can be converted into regen through sp3 again. Bleed and poison immunity. So overall, lots of utility and great damage output. Nearly no one uses him today but I am really thankful for having him on my team.
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    Over rated: going to the forums to say x is a bug or not using search tool

Underrated: reading abilities

Trust me you’ll buff you knowledge
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 461 ★★★
    I can't think of a champ that's overrated, but I do think Civil Warrior is a little underrated.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    It seems for a lot of commenters here:

I don't like a champion = overrated.
    I really like a champion = underrated.
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    Ok I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this but just hear me out. I’m not the first one to speak out about this (someone in the unpopular opinion thread beat me to it) but it needs to be said.
    HAWKEYE HAS BECOME OVERRATED

Hawkeye is one of the oldest champs in the game. He is an average character at best, which for a 2015 champ is impressive as most of them are outdated and useless. Hawkeye is not bad but he’s nothing special. For some reason, whenever Hawkeye is mentioned, people have this reaction to scream out “UNDERRATED”. This happens so much that people forget about how he actually is.

In the interest of fairness, let’s look at Hawkeye. He has 100% chance to inflict a decent bleed on his specials. His sp1 has a reliable and effective power drain. His sig ability gives him a 25% chance to inflict a big bleed and can be stacked with the taskmaster synergy. His block proficiency is about average, maybe slightly above. Again, this isn’t bad but it’s nothing too impressive. Even if we ignore the “god tier” champs and only look at “average” champs, Hawkeye still doesn’t shine.

I’m not saying he’s bad but would you really be happy pulling him as a 6*? Probably not. Most likely, you will say “well at least it wasn’t moon knight or Karnak” and you still probably won’t rank him up. Thank you for listening and let the dislikes roll in
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    Overheated - Sunspot.. too much constant shiny flame animations

Underheated - Human Torch.. needs constant temperature rises to burn opponent
  • Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
    edited August 2020
    I don't really know which champs are overrated in my personal experience, but I DEFINITELY think Rogue doesn't get nearly the amount of respect she deserves.
    Also, I know he has some believers, but think Red Hulk is definitely slept on he can wreck almost any mystic and most others.
  • hawkeye is the best underated champ period . an i personally hate ghost so shes overated for me

I agree with you on the hawkeye but like I guess you hate ghost because she can cover 80 percent of all content so that means she sucks right or that you don't like that she can faze through whole specials and deal crazy damage because you don't know how to play her? I don't get it at all. So if you get ghost you won't rank her upright? You obviously won't be super hyped. I get that it's your opinion so you can just give her to me! bruh.
    Bruh fr I have a ghost you master her which I havent but i am getting better and she beats 80 percent of content including endgame stuff soo. Idk why people are hating on her