**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Boss Rush August 2020 - THING

Thing is consistently going Unstoppable under 15 rock stacks. I have never seen this before in any other game mode. I can't see anything on the node that would easily explain it, and I've read his notes like 30 times and can't find any info there that would account for it. Is anyone else experiencing this? And, is there some feature or function that I'm not aware of that would be causing this?

Comments

• AlphapollenAlphapollen Posts: 10
    Those pictures posted really out of order but hopefully you can see what im saying.
    Does that mean that Unstoppable actually triggers when he's charging a heavy? I guess I assumed that you couldn't charge a heavy while you were dashing forward
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Yep, his unstoppable triggers whenever he's charging a heavy and lasts about a millisecond after his heavy ends.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

in this case, cannot be interrupted means unstoppable. it would be great if they would specifically say that, but cannot be interrupted is essentially what unstoppable does in an animation locking love like heavy. it lasts for a bit after the heavy, which I think is kinda dumb, but I assume it's there for some leeway for abilities that have to do with heavies and timing
    Oh ok that makes a bit of sense. But again he's going Unstoppable dashing forward....i don't get that part. Im gonna go back in and see about that.
    Thank you for helping!
    Thicco, I saw that but didn't realize that actually activated Unstoppable, just thought it literally meant you couldn't interrupt it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Thicco, I saw that but didn't realize that actually activated Unstoppable, just thought it literally meant you couldn't interrupt it.

yeah the language could be more specific
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Oh ok that makes a bit of sense. But again he's going Unstoppable dashing forward....i don't get that part. Im gonna go back in and see about that.

Sometimes, the AI can be very aggressive and pretty much HA immediately after finishing their dash forward.
    Got it. Thanks that makes a lot of sense, I appreciate the help!
  • GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    You still can parry him
  • JoedartJoedart Posts: 41
    How about why he’s not adding rock stacks? I had him at 10 stacks hit him with a 5 hit combo and not a single rock stack was added? It’s happened many times adding between 0-5 stacks. Also happens with heavy attacks sometimes. Is this the node?

Champ used is Sunspot.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 386 ★★
    She Hulk, Spider qwen, or any Slow debuff champs can take care of Thing well.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    if you use an sp3 during his heavy, he stays unstoppable the rest of the fight. Pretty sure its a bug
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★

if you use an sp3 during his heavy, he stays unstoppable the rest of the fight. Pretty sure its a bug

And if you stun him during it
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Joedart said:

How about why he’s not adding rock stacks? I had him at 10 stacks hit him with a 5 hit combo and not a single rock stack was added? It’s happened many times adding between 0-5 stacks. Also happens with heavy attacks sometimes. Is this the node?

Champ used is Sunspot.

Do you run pacify/petrify whichever reduces ability accuracy well stunned? Or if he's in assassin range?

As AAR will stop him from gaining rock stacks