**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW Solo Event - cancelled wars = missing last milestone

DuffMcGruffDuffMcGruff Posts: 401 ★★★
Doing the math, i might not be able to hit the last milestone of the solo event for Alliance Wars. I'm at 42k of the 45k. So it seems as though I will miss out on the 1000 5* shards due to all these cancelled wars... As little as it is, I think it's quite unfair due to it being out of the player's hands as there are limited events. Its not like I can grind elsewhere like Hero Use or Arena Wins...

I hope there will be some adjustments made to that event. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

Hmm I must have been able to play AW when they were cancelled or something
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

With 1 missed war, was able to hit the milestones.🤷
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Duff12475 said:

DNA3000 said:

I believe those potential missing rewards were factored into the compensation package that was given out recently. I specifically asked them to consider that situation when wars were being cancelled. Even if they didn't explicitly factor those in, the amount of shards in the package was larger than most players could have acquired by any means during the affected period including events like this, so overall it is safe to consider that they are in there somewhere.

I agree that the compensation was nice to have, but with this event, some have gotten to the last milestone while others have not. So now I have to use up all my alliance war items in hopes to get enough points to get that last milestone compared to others that have it.

Its very frustrating, but I'm not trying to make it a bigger deal then it needs to be. I just want fair
    That's true for every aspect of the game. Some people were impacted in AQ, some were not. Some were impacted in specific wars, some were not. Some were impacted in the arena, some were not. Everyone was impacted to varying degrees. When problems are this widespread and affect this many aspects of the game across the entire playerbase, it is impossible to customize compensation for everyone, so they granted blanket compensation.

You can try to ask for fairness for this one event, but then everyone else gets to ask for fairness for everything else, and the net result of all of that, if it was even possible to do with limited time and resources, is probably that you would have gotten less than what you actually got.

So did I, but I not only fight in every war (that we do at all) but I also fight a lot of fights. If you missed a few wars early or you were the reserve attacker in a couple wars (I think you get points for placing and attacking), that could have been enough to cost you the top reward in theory.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I had multiple war matchmaking failed for me and I got them too

I had multiple war matchmaking failed for me and I got them too
    I think when I did the calculations I determined that someone who did seven wars and cleared their path and some minibosses occasionally would get it, someone who did eight wars and just cleared their paths consistently would also get it, but reserve attackers and people who only did five or six wars would have trouble getting to the last milestone.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

So did I, but I not only fight in every war (that we do at all) but I also fight a lot of fights. If you missed a few wars early or you were the reserve attacker in a couple wars (I think you get points for placing and attacking), that could have been enough to cost you the top reward in theory.
    Points for placing and fighting. But I average 3-4 fights per war depending on defenders and boss island.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Any update on this @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Some players will also have a higher score because they died and used Revives etc

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Alliances that only run two bgs all got shut out of the last milestone.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

i dont see how, I only did 4 wars the entire season and I got to the last milestone, I am not sure how alliances that did the entire season could have missed it.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

Hey all,

We knew that this was a possibility, and made sure to account for this in the Compensation packages that went out the other day. They contained a lot more than 1000 5-Star Shards :wink:

Well... technically speaking they didn’t have any 5* shards in it lol, jk of course
  • Super_carcajouSuper_carcajou Posts: 21
    I did every war and still missed out. Not for lack of trying. around 2/3 of the alliance didn’t hit the last milestone.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    7714dtl said:

1. Plenty of people hit that last milestone including myself. So if you missed it it was due to your lack of particapation.

To sit their and talk about 2 BG wars and complain about not getting enough points is a self inflicted gun shot wound. You want more points, try playing.

2. Compensation was already sent out for game down time and blows that last milestone out of the water.

1. Not true at all. I'm very active as the leader of my alliance and get a lot of offensive and defensive kills. Participation wasn't an issue and the full season would allow even those that run 2 BG'S the opportunity to complete all milestones. Missing 3 wars hurt a lot of players. I participated in all wars but I don't need boosts so those additional points were gone. If you participated and got the final milestone, then perhaps you boosted more than others. Saying it is a lack of participation is just close minded and arrogant.

2. Yes, the compensation far outshine this last milestone, however as you state, some got the last milestone AND the compensation so that's an additional 1000 5* shards that you got that others didn't. So that argument, isn't entirely valid either.

@Kabam Miike , thanks for the response, but what about the second point above?