**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

DonrefreDonrefre Posts: 124 ★★
edited August 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
The AI got really messed up... after a 5 hit combo the opponents will just stand there without blocking and then they start running towards you
It’s like the whole game has become like map 5 doombots
Kabam please do something ASAP and fix this annoying issue please
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Suddenly the map 6 AI acting like previous map 5 doombot for some moment then normal again.
  • Options
    yes same thing happens with me and some of my alliance mates too
  • Options
    Shish15Shish15 Posts: 61
    Yeah, I agree! They run/walk towards you after a combo and just stand in front of you regardless of whether you're blocking. Really weird and annoying.

I dont have a video, but you can see it in Seatin's nerfed champion boss fight video where he also points it out.
  • Options
    GhostOfYostGhostOfYost Posts: 59
    edited August 2020
    I experienced this in 6.4.4 on the Energy Adoption: Lightning - 1 path. I've been fighting through this path repeatedly over the last few days and only after the update have I experienced the AI repeatedly walking towards me. It makes it far more difficult to bait specials or intercept. Intercepting is critical to this path as it reduces the Don't Go Gentle meter. Instead the opponent just walks you back against your own wall.

This behavior is visible on Seatin's most recent video showing the changes to the 6.2 Champion boss fight:

https://youtu.be/eBwZY3Dv8Ic?t=215

You can see it at approximately 3:40 and 3:55, and I'm sure elsewhere.

I haven't had the chance to attempt (no energy), but this feels like it may make backdraft intercepting non-viable.
  • Options
    NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Posts: 58
    I noticed the same thing in act 5 and arena after 20 streak.
  • Options
    Spiderkiller69Spiderkiller69 Posts: 70
    They are passive and do not act they way they did before the update
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I am doing 5.3.5 exploration. Fought BPCW Boss before update, and than just fought him again after update. He was definitely less aggressive after the update.

A few times it looked like my champ and BPCW were just having a staring contest
  • Options
    PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    AI’s definitely acting funny, for instance when you complete a combo, they’ll just bizarrely stand there, completely open for a moment

https://youtu.be/93d_DJdrsdE
  • Options
    CoolFlameCoolFlame Posts: 18
    Wait till you fight with omega red and try to refresh the spores.
    Got ruined fighting electro in variant 3 1.2
    He would just not charge and my spores kept falling off
  • Options
    Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Ok, i love this. Just fought a thor in act 5. He walked right up to me and than stood in normal position and let my Doom go to town. This is gonna make my exploration a lot faster.

Dr Doom now rules asgard
  • Options
    FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    Something is definitely different. It feels like all of the AI turned into map 5 doombots. Also, I’ve noticed that if you hold block, the champions no longer hold their block, they just stand there looking at you.

@Kabam Miike Something is definitely off - it seems like map 5 doombot AI was loaded into the rest of the game rather than being removed from map 5.
  • Options
    FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    Arsoz said:

But isnt it a good thing they arent blocking

They only start to block once you dash at them. They behave similarly to map 5 doombots. I was testing out the recent hulkbuster buff in ROL and they just wouldn’t block until you attacked them. The doombots did that as well.