**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

With all the developers dispersed, the only way for @Kabam Miike to know if a deliberate change occurred would be to poll all the developers individually, which is impractical when they aren't all in the same place, or check the internal patch notes.

You’re implying that there’s no one point of contact like a team leader or traffic controller between the developers themselves and the PR/CS team.

There has to be at least someone who’s in control of project traffic who can be a resource and provide change information, rather than having to “poll” the entire team to find out if a change was made.
    Someone who would know about every change made to the game within the last push? Only two kinds of people can claim to know that in any development of this scale: savants, and liars.

A project or team lead might know about what things have been changed in general terms, but when it comes to this kind of problem "general terms" is worthless: you would need to know about every single little change in detail. And while you might not personally poll every single developer, you'd basically have to poll someone who would poll a group of someones who would poll everyone else. That level of specificity seemed pedantic in this context.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

SparkAlot said:

How has no one from kabam acknowledged this yet !!! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra

They did...but, not what you want to hear.

Not sure when this was posted, it looks like whatever instructions the gave the person in charge of AI thingy didn’t listen and made changes. They should go back and check how the AI behaves. Doesn’t make sense that I’m using potions I just got for another issue.

@SparkAlot Have you noticed this AI issue yourself? Go into Act 6 and try a whole lane.
    Yes, they are walking up to me, but I guess it is the new normal, since he said nothing was changed.

He locked the thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1337515/#Comment_1337515
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey folks!

First off, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will continue to monitor this.

Meanwhile, please continue to provide us specific information, such as:
    i) what is unusual about the specific opponent(s);
    ii) where are you encountering this;
    iii) when are you encountering this (specific instances, if applicable)

The above information will be very helpful in our data collection and investigation.

Thanks for being awesome, and thank you in advance for your cooperation!

LoL Red Hulk. I've been using him multiple times a day for the last week to master a new champ upgrade. I also run in a Map 5 5x5 alliance and there's a 100% chance that Rulk is using the Map 5 Doombot AI version before the fix a few weeks ago.

He walks forward and just stands there most of the times, and otherwise is aggressively dashing back.

• Options
    BrandonCNBrandonCN Posts: 10
    Same I was fighting the champion in the 6.2 chapter and this AI was so annoying just walking to me.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I definitely noticed it when I was going to do the 6.2.6 champion for fun, in the Hyperion fight he quite literally wouldn’t throw a special and went to the sp3 back to back times while doing the weird walking forward thing
  • Options
    Zero260Zero260 Posts: 7
    sssoooo my question is when has the AI ever not acted weird? Matter of fact, the AI actually conducted a strategy that made perfect sense to me just now: imagine you're champ you chose to go into a fight was a 30K PI Doctor Strange with 100% power gain as well as the ability to raise his attack, armor rating, Crit rate and resistance, block penetration, combat power rate and ability accuracy 5% whenever you fill a bar of power and you were fighting a mere 9K PI any champ, what would your strategy be? You could have a lot of fun and merely sit behind your block, wait for power to raise to full capacity, drop that special 3 and be done with the fight, right? I mean what's the incentive of doing anything else if you know you can KO this clown with one special that you'll have in no time? Well, that's exactly what happened to me numerous times AGAINST that Doctor Strange and hate Kabam for it. However immoral the logic is, it makes sense that the AI just wouldn't attack because after all, if one REALLY wants to get past him, they'll simply chip away fight by fight and spend money on units so Kabam employees can stay employed. But anyways, yea uh I'm not seeing any issues with the AI at all.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

With all the developers dispersed, the only way for @Kabam Miike to know if a deliberate change occurred would be to poll all the developers individually, which is impractical when they aren't all in the same place, or check the internal patch notes.

You’re implying that there’s no one point of contact like a team leader or traffic controller between the developers themselves and the PR/CS team.

There has to be at least someone who’s in control of project traffic who can be a resource and provide change information, rather than having to “poll” the entire team to find out if a change was made.
    Someone who would know about every change made to the game within the last push? Only two kinds of people can claim to know that in any development of this scale: savants, and liars.

A project or team lead might know about what things have been changed in general terms, but when it comes to this kind of problem "general terms" is worthless: you would need to know about every single little change in detail. And while you might not personally poll every single developer, you'd basically have to poll someone who would poll a group of someones who would poll everyone else. That level of specificity seemed pedantic in this context.
    Sorry, I didn’t realize an entire country full of people work for kabam.

If they’re able to condense a month’s worth of developing time into 15-20 items for a change log in the Apple App Store, then they MUST be more understanding of what is happening with their game than you’re giving them credit for.

You make it sound like nobody knows what in the hell is going on and you need to have a staff meeting at the local convention center and ask if an AI change was made using a bullhorn.

My god, dude. The moment I feel like I’m beginning to like you, you find out a way to become incredibly obtuse and argue for the sake of arguing.
    I think anyone who actually understands the difference between internal and public patch notes would understand the distinction enough to know pointing this out is significant and not just pointless quibbling. And everyone without that experience and any intellectual curiosity would now know. And everyone else is everyone else.
    YOU MEAN THERE ARE TWO PATCH NOTES? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

:|

So, who parses the internal patch notes into the public ones?

Is that another team of people that would have to be polled if there was a question?

Maybe there are like 50 of them and they all work in different countries and only communicate using pagers and pay phones. They each get 5 internal notes and what goes in to the public notes is all based on RNG.

Yeah, maybe you’re right.

This is all over my head.

you think that the public patch notes are exactly the same thing as what kabam devs have?
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    yeah after 5 combo, the AI just stand there without even blocking. it's like they wait us to hit them and they're going to parry us lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I decided it was a good idea to do an Abyss run on my alt and ive been getting wrecked... Super passive AI

People have been saying the AI oddness is basically everywhere. It is currently impossible to test AQ and AW, but I've heard of the same or similar issues in RoL, Variants, and Act 6 (and as I reported in the arena). Probably not a good idea to do anything too close to the edge of your ability to complete easily until the AI gets sorted.

This does not seem to be a situational thing, but rather a fundamental thing with how the AI behaves in general. It isn't 100% consistent, but it is ubiquitous.
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

I have one that shows the parry-baiting more explicitly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcmvqWrc7w4

Watch Hood's hands at about the 3 second mark: he "flinches" as if he was starting to go into block and then stopped and decided to just stand there instead. When I go to attack, the AI immediately executes a well-timed block.

That's the behavior a lot of people are seeing: the AI drops its hands and stands there and dares you to attack: if you take the bait the AI executes a well-timed block. In the arena (or in AW, presumably) when the opponent has player masteries this can trigger parry stuns.

LOL... gotcha... this is how arena AI. and now it's on the whole quest.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    On top of the AI being cometely messed up you also messed up despair mastery. Using CapIW and Torch with Max despair and no heal reversal testing vs Abyss Darkhawk.
  • Options
    GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    Now AI bait you to be parried