**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

Comments

• TomerPTomerP Posts: 94
    Because Kabam wants you to die more so you would spend more units on revives. Doesn't matter though, this thread will get deleted in a few minutes like my thread on this issue since Kabam can't handle any criticism!
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84
    Kabam Boo said:

Hey folks!

First off, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will continue to monitor this.

Meanwhile, please continue to provide us specific information, such as:
    i) what is unusual about the specific opponent(s);
    ii) where are you encountering this;
    iii) when are you encountering this (specific instances, if applicable)

The above information will be very helpful in our data collection and investigation.

Thanks for being awesome, and thank you in advance for your cooperation!

i) after your combo, they stand still without putting block up or moving. if you go to attack them, they just block it or they can intercept you. they're absurdly, noticeably passive until the moment they turn on the aggression for pot shots out of nowhere.
    ii) its happening in content at least above act 5, including rol. i haven't been doing other content to know for sure.
    iii) im encountering it after finishing a 4 or 5 hit combo. if you mean actual time, then all the time.
  • SpiralSpiral Posts: 84

DNA3000 said:

With all the developers dispersed, the only way for @Kabam Miike to know if a deliberate change occurred would be to poll all the developers individually, which is impractical when they aren't all in the same place, or check the internal patch notes.

You’re implying that there’s no one point of contact like a team leader or traffic controller between the developers themselves and the PR/CS team.

There has to be at least someone who’s in control of project traffic who can be a resource and provide change information, rather than having to “poll” the entire team to find out if a change was made.

If an unintended change was made and it’ll be fixed, hooray for all of us. But the original implication was that nothing was changed and, from a customer service perspective, that’s not a great way to communicate to a player base who knows your game better than you do.
    then why is he making claims without verifying the truth in those claims? seems irresponsible and dismissive to me. an update just happened and something was obviously changed to people who are familiar with the level of content act 5+. not sure where else in the game it's happening but where i'm spending my time, it's obvious.
  • robination3788robination3788 Posts: 19
    AI is still jumping into that quick-block during a SP as well.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I have seen this pretty much across the game. The herald difficulty, map 6, uncollected EQ, dropped into Sasquatch Canadian last night to check it out.

This is going to make this round of AQ super annoying. Hopefully a quick fix so we don’t have to deal with this for the entire round of AQ. It’s like the old map 5 AI on steroids.
  • RaminderRaminder Posts: 5
    Again a lot of players will end up using uncessary pots and revives because of an Al “bug” . Even though we have been compensated recently, I do not think this is fair on players if they do not get compensated for the revives potion that ended up getting used because of this bs once again
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    I cannot believe this was not seen in testing. They nerf Act 6 but it actually harder with AI change. Now after every combo, I just get parried and knocked out. It is really frustrating they a give one thing and take another. I really hope they get down to this and fix it quickly.
  • Can confirm Map6 AI has this "change". Quite annoying.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,366 ★★★★★

Can confirm Map6 AI has this "change". Quite annoying.

Affirming neutral, overconfident, all-or-nothing, creepy, parry-god, intercept-god AI in AQ Map 6
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    I've been practicing against Abyss Ex Darkhawk for a week now and before the update he would throw his specials pretty quick, which in turn would help get through the fight, but post update he really holds onto them until you're right next to him and he's backed into the corner. The fight is a big change considering the health pool, and very noticeable.
    The same thing is happening honestly throughout the whole game now, the AI is dropping their block and standing there or just walking along right nxt to you, almost baiting you to attack so they can insta-parry.

YOU'VE BUILT SKYNET AND IT'S LEARNING!!!!
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I just did initial completion of 6.1.1 and the sabertooth boss on that quest was just standing in the corner holding block after I pushed him to the corner, he wasn't even reacting to any of my gentle prods into his block, just kept standing in the corner holding block, I think I hit into his block 12 or 16 times before he reacted and when he did, it was the open stance that's become the norm now.

I tried to hit him and he went into block again and after another 4 prods, threw his heavy which I evaded and then died due to the degen damage, it's super annoying, I can only imagine how the people doing the bane quests must be feeling
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    I’m finding the ai more often in the event quest then I am in map 4 right now.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    On Iphone.

Held off on updating to the latest version in the app store due to this AI issue that is being reported. I ended up updating the game a few hours ago. I definitely do notice a difference in AI behavior. Since the only difference is the update, then that is what is causing the issue.

I played arena, Boss rush, and Act 6 content both yesterday and today (for today, both before and after the update).
    I am seeing the differences in the AI in those content.

The AI does seem prone to a 'twitching animation' (that others have mentioned, means they are getting set to well-time block your next attack), and prone to walking towards you.

Before the update it seemed like the AI has: Neutral (just standing there), Blocking (holding block), Dash back, Dash forward, and walk forward state. These states are in addition to the basic attacks and specials.

After the update, it seems like the AI has the additional state of Baiting an attack (twitch then kind of neutral state to encourage you to hit into them so they can well-time block you).
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    edited August 2020
    altavista said:

On Iphone.

Held off on updating to the latest version in the app store due to this AI issue that is being reported. I ended up updating the game a few hours ago. I definitely do notice a difference in AI behavior. Since the only difference is the update, then that is what is causing the issue.

I played arena, Boss rush, and Act 6 content both yesterday and today (for today, both before and after the update).
    I am seeing the differences in the AI in those content.

The AI does seem prone to a 'twitching animation' (that others have mentioned, means they are getting set to well-time block your next attack), and prone to walking towards you.

Before the update it seemed like the AI has: Neutral (just standing there), Blocking (holding block), Dash back, Dash forward, and walk forward state. These states are in addition to the basic attacks and specials.

After the update, it seems like the AI has the additional state of Baiting an attack (twitch then kind of neutral state to encourage you to hit into them so they can well-time block you).

The fact that it's perfect every single solitary time (due to being a.i. in the first place) is completely messed up. Which it has been going on since the change to NC's "switch trick". Js.. Should A.i. be able to do something EVERY single time another thing occurs without fail??..
  • Byucoug21Byucoug21 Posts: 21

I just did initial completion of 6.1.1 and the sabertooth boss on that quest was just standing in the corner holding block after I pushed him to the corner, he wasn't even reacting to any of my gentle prods into his block, just kept standing in the corner holding block, I think I hit into his block 12 or 16 times before he reacted and when he did, it was the open stance that's become the norm now.

I tried to hit him and he went into block again and after another 4 prods, threw his heavy which I evaded and then died due to the degen damage, it's super annoying, I can only imagine how the people doing the bane quests must be feeling

Yep, I’m on 5.26 rn and it is much harder. When I have been practicing before the update on this quest, I have been blowing through the first fights, but now it’s hard to beat the first kang fight without losing a lot of health.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

If Kabam devs didn't directly change ai behavior, what did they change (some things) that ended up indirectly changing ai behavior?

It could have been anything. One theory right now is that it's an intermittent issue that occurs when the client fails to read what the intended AI is from the Server. That is not a change to AI, but an issue with one of the many many interacting parts of the game.
    Thanks for the update.
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    For anyone struggling with this... After a combo if the AI does its wait thing... Dash back and immediately dash forward... You will either intercept or attack their block safely, I've been doing this reliably in arena today! Saves alot of time and aggro in fights until a solution is found!
  • Ezra_PoundEzra_Pound Posts: 109

If Kabam devs didn't directly change ai behavior, what did they change (some things) that ended up indirectly changing ai behavior?

It could have been anything. One theory right now is that it's an intermittent issue that occurs when the client fails to read what the intended AI is from the Server. That is not a change to AI, but an issue with one of the many many interacting parts of the game.
    Do you suggest we quit playing the harder stuff until this is sorted? It’s completely interrupted years of rhythm playing. Any idea of when it might be sorted? Some fights are okay, but it’s really affecting some characters negatively, both in offence or defence. Iceman is now a lot more difficult to fight against, and Cap IW isn’t as good on offence. Shall we wait?
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    edited August 2020
    I’ve been seeing all kinds of weird behavior since the update.

Doing Act 5.3.4 working on 100% completion.

Some control problems; medium attack dashes back instead about 30% of the time. Champs blocking is delay. I was holding block before an attack ( was not trying to parry). Got clocked good by Iceman.

I did observe some of the weird AI ‘idling’ mentioned above. And yes, the AI is intercepting or parrying you if you dare attack while they are idling. That happened every time I tried to attack while the AI idled.

Using Quake against Colossus.

The more significant thing was Colossus’ Sp1. It is not unblockable, the node information did not list unblockable Sp1. I backed up, he launched his Sp1. I had block up for the remainder of Sp1 and he blew me up. Quakes block was showing, so I should have blocked the attack.

• YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

You are just destructing the game, the players are fade up by all your bad changes. Now we have to fight IA playing defense and parrying everything and waiting till spe 3. Very fun to play like that

Just to remember you, it's a game and 99% of the players are playing to have fun, if there is no fun, they'll run away

This is a bug, not a change. While your sentiments are correct, they are irrelevant. Let them fix this.