**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unpopular Opinion: Red Hulk is a God Tier Champion

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I feel that Red Hulk gets slept on way too much.

- He's not just poison and incinerate immune, he purifies those debuffs and turns them into heat charges to make him STRONGER
- His damage is CRAZY at 10 heat charges
- He has a very nice regen off his Sp2 that counters recoil damage
- He can counter nodes with damage caps because a lot of his damage is in "red numbers" based off of heat charges

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

except he is not immune to poison or incinerates, he converts the debuffs, he can still take poison and incinerate damage from fields, such as Mephisto

He can deal with Mephisto's Aura by using his Awakened Ability, and his Purify is actually useful in fights where Abilities or Nodes on the Defender Punish Full Immunities. For example Masacre normally deals a Burst of Energy Damage Equal to the Damage his Incinerates deal when the Enemy is Incinerate/Debuff Immune (when paired with Freezer Burn this is Really Annoying), but Purify Champions like Red Hulk bypass this Damage by taking the Debuff Then removing it before they take the Damage.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

except he is not immune to poison or incinerates, he converts the debuffs, he can still take poison and incinerate damage from fields, such as Mephisto

He can deal with Mephisto's Aura by using his Awakened Ability, and his Purify is actually useful in fights where Abilities or Nodes on the Defender Punish Full Immunities. For example Masacre normally deals a Burst of Energy Damage Equal to the Damage his Incinerates deal when the Enemy is Incinerate/Debuff Immune (when paired with Freezer Burn this is Really Annoying), but Purify Champions like Red Hulk bypass this Damage by taking the Debuff Then removing it before they take the Damage.
    its an important distinction, we get red hulk taking incinerate aura damage questions all the time because people read a post like this saying he is immune when he is not.
    His Awakened Ability also gives him insane Physical Resistance, oh forgot to mention the Awakened Ability's Incinerate Resistance not only deals with Mephisto's Aura but also a Human Torch's Nova Flames iirc.
    Lormif said:

His Awakened Ability also gives him insane Physical Resistance, oh forgot to mention the Awakened Ability's Incinerate Resistance not only deals with Mephisto's Aura but also a Human Torch's Nova Flames iirc.

If it hels with nova flame that is a bug, nova flame is energy damage, not incinerate damage.
    That's why I said "iirc" my bad
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

- He can counter nodes with damage caps because a lot of his damage is in "red numbers" based off of heat charges

Actually, he doesn't. His heat charge damage is based on damage dealt. Ergo, if a node like safeguard caps the damage of his hits, so does the heat charge damage.

His sp3 has good DoT damage, but there are better alternatives.

• the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 347 ★★★
    Counter for Hazard shift , massive energy damage and massive destruction with animations . He is the complete package.

Counter for Hazard shift , massive energy damage and massive destruction with animations . He is the complete package.

If you're talking about his Burst Damage from Heat Charges, it's actually Physical not Energy Damage.
    edited August 2020

walkerdog said:

His damage is a little too low, his regen is a little too small, and his overall utility is a little too limited (such as not being immune to stuff, just converting them - great... unless it's not an effect that can convert or does huge damage for a tick before converting!) for him to quite be at the level you're talking about. He's really good though.

Ahh yes I always pick red hulk for his regeneration abilities
    Yeah it's not really supposed to be a Wolverine Type Regen, OP does bring up a good point though that it balances out the Recoil Mastery making Red Hulk more Suicide Friendly. That with his Poison Purify giving you an additional Heat Charge at the start of the fight, that leaves only the Bleed to deal with which you could just take the Damage and heal it back with Willpower or run the Nick Fury Bleed Purify Synergy. Never really though about that, tbf I don't run Suicides though...
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    There are so many meaningless categories now that maybe Rulk is God Tier. One of the best though? Not at all. Top 50? Sure. As for science, possibly top 10 and not top 5. I do like that he is really durable and easy to use, a little too easy.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

He’s definitely good and has his uses. The thing that holds him back is that stupid cap of 10 charges. They need to raise it to 25 or something.

They can make it permanent at 10 charges or convert it into something else like Void's FOV
    Chikel said:

He’s definitely good and has his uses. The thing that holds him back is that stupid cap of 10 charges. They need to raise it to 25 or something.

They can make it permanent at 10 charges or convert it into something else like Void's FOV
    It is Permanent though? And no 10 is Plenty Enough with the Extra 180% Burst of Damage he gains from it, the Physical Resistance he gains from each Charge depending on his Sig Level, and the +2% Attack per Charge he gains from the She-Hulk Synergy. If anyone think Red Hulk's Damage isn't already crazy enough then they don't play Red Hulk, and don't even get me started on when he Crits with 10 Charges.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

He's alright

Casual flex

He's alright

G I M M E . . .

• He's alright

Damn r3!!! I wanna see his DMG

He's alright

Damn r3!!! I wanna see his DMG
    https://giphy.com/gifs/SvdooBFQEPrFKwPeLX