**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake > Ghost. An in-depth explanation thread.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Tbh the reason quake is best in the game is because she breaks the fundamental rules of the game and ghost doesn’t. 100% AAR combined with not having to hit the opponent and not having to bait specials just makes it that when you play her it is a different game, particularly if you play heavy only, with this play style quake can maintain 100% AAR whenever she performs an action which can get around even things designed to counter her like stubborn node caltrops or no retreat, the only things that can possibly stop her are actions that happen passively at the start of the fight or are spammed 24/7, heck even some things like domino’s passive AAR can’t stop her because if you buffer heavy at the start it will deactivate the AAR, she use breaks the game so she is the best by a mile without a question, if you don’t think so you probably can’t play quake
  • Options
    the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    Both good in their own desired match ups. No reason to compare.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lioz178 said:

Who ever says ghost is better just says that because they can't play quake properly or don't want to learn to play her

No its just that ghost can finish fights faster and isnt boring to play like quake
    Since when does more fun=best? And Domino with Rhulk and Massacre can finish fights faster than Doom. I don't see people saying she's the better champ. Who cares if Ghost can win fights faster when Quake can counter almost everything?
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I use both religiously, and I would default to ghost over quake almost any match up, but there are things quake can do that ghost can’t. I’m gonna go with team Ghost on this one.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★

*caltrops says hi

Yes, that may be a hindrance to the Quake dex method, but you can always do the Quake parry method.
    Or heavy only
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I don't really get why people say Ghost needs synergies to be at full potential. I think it's because they've been playing her with synergies for so long that they can't imagine any other way. I only have Hood, Antman and Wasp as 3* so unless the content is extra hard, I never bring them into fights. 99% of my Ghost gameplay have been without the synergies and I clear AQ, AW and eq with her regularly.
    Ghost can be used for almost any fight without synergies except maybe the Hood synergies for DOT you can't shrug off. I did Act 5.1 before I knew the Hood synergy exists and it was with a 4* Ghost
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lioz178 said:

Who ever says ghost is better just says that because they can't play quake properly or don't want to learn to play her

No its just that ghost can finish fights faster and isnt boring to play like quake
    Huh? What kinda argument is that? Quake being “boring to play” (which I disagree with completely) has nothing to do with her power.
  • Options
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Lioz178 said:

Huh? What kinda argument is that? Quake being “boring to play” (which I disagree with completely) has nothing to do with her power.
    Quake is the most boring champion to play in the game just hold heavy and dex or heavy parry bruh
    your opinion is your opinion, don't spread it to everyone
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

*caltrops says hi

Parry style quake also says hi
    Lvernon15 said:

*caltrops says hi

Lvernon15 said:

*caltrops says hi

Munash in his deep deep voice says hi
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Using Quake to never touch an opponent is just a cheat code. Most players I know enjoy playing the game and not simply doing one move over and over and over. It gets boring. At least with Ghost and other champs you have other moves and can find unique ways around troublesome nodes. Quake is a great champ. I just don't play this game to do the same move with the same champ for every fight or to cheat my way past a difficult node. I'm sure kabam never intended to have a champ like Quake that can bypass everything. For me, she takes the fun out of the game.
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Daphboy said:

Ghost would be better if they didn’t keep making champs that cause armor break from blinking. The only opponent that really hinders quake without nodes of some sort is Killmonger through his massive power gain.

Vision Aarkus is Quake true nemesis.
  • Options

Daphboy said:

Ghost would be better if they didn’t keep making champs that cause armor break from blinking. The only opponent that really hinders quake without nodes of some sort is Killmonger through his massive power gain.

Vision Aarkus is Quake true nemesis.
    And Ghost cuz of the armor break
  • Options
    Daphboy said:

And passive power gain champs for Quake like Doctor Strange and Symbiote Supreme
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Daphboy said:

And passive power gain champs for Quake like Doctor Strange and Symbiote Supreme
    Yeah, but you can still work around it. I use my Quake for Stranges and Havok's all the time.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Have y'all forgotten how double-hit mediums ruin the rhythm of playing ghost or quake?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

Have y'all forgotten how double-hit mediums ruin the rhythm of playing ghost or quake?

Hence why we’re seeing more champs like that being released
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    If literally every future champ has double hit mediums, armor break or coldsnap capabilities, easy to access DAAR (like agent venom, kinda), some sort of easy evade countering (like hit monkey), abilities against guaranteed crits, or phasing bypassing, then ghost and quake might actually fall out of the meta...
    Considering how easy it is to actually implement, we might get ourselves a 6* Quake at some point.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The champ discussion always miss an important point that player’s skill set count a lot of weight. Player dun know how to play Quake make her a tough rank up choice vs Ghost. I know some players also dunno how to max the damage output of Ghost but she is relatively easier to handle.