**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The AI is acting very weird after today’s update [Merged Thread]

1111213141517»

Comments

• AlrulzAlrulz Posts: 46

Thanks for the quick action taken to resolve this. It's greatly appreciated. For what it's worth, there does seem to be some residual behavior left over. After doing a lot of arena fights and a few in other content, it's clear the AI is no longer trying to parry (as much) us or just "creepily" walking towards us:) Which is great. 👍 What has remained seems to be the fact that the AI almost never uses an attack as it's opening move. This is still new behavior that came about after the update. For whatever it's worth.

I noticed this as well. Harder to get the initial parry. AI hesitates for half a sec before attacking.

• AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Arena still horrible, let alone AQ Nova... that's a whole other set of bull... but arena still horrible.. not as often compared to after the "fix" after the 28.0 update. But still very very present. As part of the "Next 90 Days" in arena promises, in part of the "A Contest Evolved", the A.i. still needs to be looked at. Still not consistent. Still not throwing specials.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I feel like the issue in some capacity is partly back. I know this could always happen and it did before this, but theyve been constantly walking up to be and daring me to hit, and when I do, parry
  • DrGonzoSrDrGonzoSr Posts: 3
    Its totally ruined gameplay in my opinion
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Well, the AI still does that stuff where it mindlessly walks after you after you whiff an attack.
  • Sakic19Sakic19 Posts: 98
    Lunae said:

Anyone finding themselves being light intercepted more often lately? The ais feel like theyre sped up slightly and recovering quicker or maybe I’m just experiencing more lag then usual, but something feels off.

Same here. They also now seem to be able to hit you whenever they want. It does not matter if you are in the middle of a combo or a special, they can either put up their block or hit you.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Sakic19 said:

Lunae said:

Anyone finding themselves being light intercepted more often lately? The ais feel like theyre sped up slightly and recovering quicker or maybe I’m just experiencing more lag then usual, but something feels off.

Same here. They also now seem to be able to hit you whenever they want. It does not matter if you are in the middle of a combo or a special, they can either put up their block or hit you.
    What device are you using? I'm not 'blaming' the device at all, but I have noticed a difference on whether I use my ipad or my sons samsung galaxy tab s2. My ipad plays fine most of the time, but these problems are all the time on his samsung.

At the end of the day if the game only works properly on a select type of device, and is only being properly developed on a certain type, then Kabam need to give a list of actual devices to use and not to bother. The tab s2 isn't exactly new I know, but there is no good reason why the game shouldn't work properly. It has no problems at all running ANYTHING else that has every been played on it.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Sakic19 said:

The AI has obviously been altered since the last update as fights in all areas ( AQ, Arenas, etc..) have changed drastically. They seem to now be able to parry you without blocking and without a “well timed blocked” that is normally needed to perform a parry. Not to mention that they are much faster and hit harder (without having any nodes or buffs) than my champs that are 3-4K PI higher. It also seems that the damage you take while blocking( WHEN BLOCK WORKS) has creeped back up again.
    Kabam, IF you did not do these things intentionally, then you should be concerned why your game is “changing things” on it’s own. How about shutting this misfit game down for a week or so and actually FIX the code that is causing these issues you claim are not in your control. Too many people have notice this for it to be an issue with our devices like I see you claim is the issue a lot of the times. The game is broke, still. Please just take some time and fix it properly.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra anyone have an answer/idea what's going on with this. Been almost a month now
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Sakic19 said:

Lunae said:

They’ve been messing with stun timers (block and hit) for months now but it’s at an all time horrible now. Input “sniffing” in advanced content as well... AI knows what we’re doing before we do. I’d call it cheating but that would be too accurate. 😂
    Still no answer? Glad there's not any new content coming next week.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    The AW AI is notorious for coming out of stun "early" and throwing specials or parrying. It's like a nanosecond that they are open and their animation always beats yours.

What's really pissing me off is how they run u down when u dash back. They fly across the screen and double medium and you literally have nothing u can do.
  • JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    edited August 2020
    Lunae said:

This really needs to be look at, parrying has been thrown off base... i keep getting light intercepted, thinking it will be a medium. I don't know what Kabam did, but it is really messed up even more now.

• JoedartJoedart Posts: 41
    Wow. Kabam can’t get an update right. Parry is off, special attack after 5 hit combo is off. And champs now seem more passive in AW and AQ.

Hey, at least it seems like Warlock first hit whiff is fixed but I’ve only done a few fights.
    Joedart said:

Wow. Kabam can’t get an update right. Parry is off, special attack after 5 hit combo is off. And champs now seem more passive in AW and AQ.

Hey, at least it seems like Warlock first hit whiff is fixed but I’ve only done a few fights.

Warlock still misses, had it happen in AW. Also agree AI is still off.
  • JoedartJoedart Posts: 41
    mydnight said:

The AW AI is notorious for coming out of stun "early" and throwing specials or parrying. It's like a nanosecond that they are open and their animation always beats yours.

What's really pissing me off is how they run u down when u dash back. They fly across the screen and double medium and you literally have nothing u can do.

Oh yes... all this and then some. 👍

WARLOCK IS STILL WHIFFING🔥🤨🤷🏻‍♂️

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Joedart said:

mydnight said:

Oh yes... all this and then some. 👍

WARLOCK IS STILL WHIFFING🔥🤨🤷🏻‍♂️

Yep, I got blocked and totally smacked in the face yesterday by domino in AQ bc of the whiffing. I guess we'll just have to get used to yet another champ being broken.