**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Changes to Guardian

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★

Rotelly said:

If block prof and armor were equal why have both?

because the block proficiency makes domino pretty op
    Rotelly said:

guessing one reduces damage on blocking and the other reduces overall damage taken

the post says increase armor while blocking, so in every case it will only be during block.

how does true strike and the pierce mastery interact with this change? @Kabam Miike

They will still interact with it, so it won't be very helpful against those nodes, BUT, this is a huge buff in other ways. For instance, nothing that interacts with Block Proficiency will interact with this Armor rating increase. Bubble Shield, Incinerate, and Soft Guard for example.

This is also a positive for any Champ that already has high Block Proficiency.
    thanks. sounds like a pretty decent trade off on the surface.
    @culturalreference1 do you have a 5* or 6* guardian?
  • Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

guessing one reduces damage on blocking and the other reduces overall damage taken

the post says increase armor while blocking, so in every case it will only be during block.

how does true strike and the pierce mastery interact with this change? @Kabam Miike

They will still interact with it, so it won't be very helpful against those nodes, BUT, this is a huge buff in other ways. For instance, nothing that interacts with Block Proficiency will interact with this Armor rating increase. Bubble Shield, Incinerate, and Soft Guard for example.

thanks. sounds like a pretty decent trade off on the surface.
    @culturalreference1 do you have a 5* or 6* guardian?
    5* r5 sig 200 of which i used an ag and 199 generic sig stones for
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    The other things keep in mind is challenged rating and how a 6* r3/r4 decreases the effectiveness of block proficiency and won’t always be a perfect block. Just because it works against a 4* WS doesn’t mean it will in book 2
  • MaximusSavageMaximusSavage Posts: 37

Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

This is actually a nerf. Block proficiency is a far superior stat to a skilled player. Getting to 6000 block prof has always been the magic stat because that lets you take 0 damage from a parry. This gives champs like all of the Caps, IMIW, and Red Skull the utility to negate all damage on a well timed block.

The Guardian synergy expanded being able to get to this magic number to an additional 14 champions and provide them with perfect block on parry. With the way diminishing returns works this will not work the same way with the armor stat.

The flip side to this that if you take a hit to the face you will take reduced damage because armor will help there. Any experienced player would definitely take the block pro bonus instead though.
    But the armor is on block only, and with a champion like Venom the Duck, toxic armor deals 90% more damage based on armor so taking blocked hits is gonna be devastating vs block proficiency not being affected. Same with true strike which ignores armor
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

This is actually a nerf. Block proficiency is a far superior stat to a skilled player. Getting to 6000 block prof has always been the magic stat because that lets you take 0 damage from a parry. This gives champs like all of the Caps, IMIW, and Red Skull the utility to negate all damage on a well timed block.

The Guardian synergy expanded being able to get to this magic number to an additional 14 champions and provide them with perfect block on parry. With the way diminishing returns works this will not work the same way with the armor stat.

The flip side to this that if you take a hit to the face you will take reduced damage because armor will help there. Any experienced player would definitely take the block pro bonus instead though.
    But the armor is on block only, and with a champion like Venom the Duck, toxic armor deals 90% more damage based on armor so taking blocked hits is gonna be devastating vs block proficiency not being affected. Same with true strike which ignores armor
    That was my point, there's so many more things that Counters Armor Effects and that have much more Potency when compare to the things that Counter Block Proficiency.
    Rotelly said:

I purchased a large number of crystals based on Guardians synergy ability.

This is not what i "purchased" if it is changed!

I did as well. And saved gems resources and sig stones to rank him SPECIFICALLY. This isn't a cheese like She-Hulk heavy that affects the champion itself, but changing a champions interaction WITH EVERY CHAMP IN THE GAME because of an already waaaaaayyy OP champion's interaction. Tweak the numbers on Domino so it doesn't happen and leave Guardian alone.

Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

That was my point, there's so many more things that Counters Armor Effects and that have much more Potency when compare to the things that Counter Block Proficiency.
    Total agreement. They can tweak the block prof numbers on Domino and just affect her rather than clip an awesome synergy for champions that don't have it and aren't massively OP already.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I'd prefer it if they just adjusted how the synergy works with Domino. Cut it in half for just her. I really like the block proficiency for certain champs that run on the low side. I understand it's OP but they were warned as soon as the spotlight came out. So I think it should be as minimal of a change as they can make.
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

It doesn't even work the same against higher CR opponents. Not sure why it needed to be changed but whatever. Who really cares what a R3 6* Domino does in RoL? She definitely doesn't do the same in act 6

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

The solution seems a little lazy. Why not modify dominos ability or interaction. To change this whole synergy is a big nerf for this champ. With diminishing returns and various node interactions, armor and block proficiency are not the same. I will hold fill judgment until we see the values, but I dont see how yall reach an equivalent using armor as a sub. I used literally the rarest item in the game(6* generic awakening), because I valued this synergy and wanted to maximize my guardian return on investment in my lineup. Now one interaction, which I agree should be fixed, is resulting in a huge loss of return on investment for me. Can we not have at least a namor level comp? Where we can get the items we used back so we can make a decision based on this champions new value?

The irony here for me at least, is that I will be shifting all of my resources over to Namor due to the nerf in this scenario. Not a snowball's chance will I leave my 5* Guardian ranked and sigged if they touch his synergy and they give us our resources back.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Guess I won’t be going for guardian anymore
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Sorry you’re telling me that you spent money for a SYNERGY. Really? I mean maybe you should review your spending habits rather than be annoyed at kabam for their actions.
    Check this vid guys Jae breaks it down pretty comprehensively https://youtu.be/YLwKIsQEPhE
  • Mayis said:

Tho I don't believe someone put AG and 199 sig stones JUST for synergy. They could buy some crystals or grind arena for synergy, but why would u max his sig ability if u don't use him. If u do use him bc he's great champion, then u didn't upgrade him JUST for synergy.

he's obviously a good champ, but i have better champs that will go on my teams. that being said, i also don't want a 1/1 unawakened anything on my team if i'm going to be using up a slot on any of my teams.

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    I guess it depends on what happens with the change, this was brought up early on but must've been overlooked. Honestly the synergy was definitely something that I was grinding for. Hopefully the replacement is similar. I guess I can understand why they can't have this for Domino. I do think they should at least also add energy resistance.