**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Herald is a false hope that only deplete our resources.

Comments

• Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    A picture is worth a thousand words. In my case, maybe 10,000:

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

ItsDamien said:

mbrace said:

OP, so true. I’m not sure what that Void fight was supposed to be, but it was very poorly designed. Get a debuff on you, and you die instantly. The fight puts weakness debuffs on you for getting close for too long. It’s a great time. Doom and Sinister were also a nightmare. Aarkus wasn’t that easy, but at least he was doable without revives. Mysterio was so so, and I hope the next 2 are not like the last 3 days.

Well your first problem is that you didn't read the node correctly. If you think you're getting a weakness debuff for being too close for too long, you may want to re-read his nodes.
    That’s not my first problem, because I’m going from memory and that’s not what makes him hard. It was an example. You will get debuffs on you one way or another, and they will kill you swiftly. You missed the point, because you are argumentative. You can’t accept the truth that the fight is exclusively tailored to 2 champs, maybe 3. This is not good design.
    I took in aegon, domino trinity and CAIW. The antman at the start helps you to build combo with all the glancing and the Mister fantastic before the boss helps you heal up. Domino can destroy the middle Gulk and Spidergwen. You should have 200+ combo before fighting void easily. Parry ML or LMLM and repeat. Fire sp2 when he has poison immunity. I did not one shot, though I could if I played slower. But I got him to 20 odd % everytime with aegon and CAIW finished it easily. You need to plan the fight as per your roster and not go with the popular options. Elsa bloodstone actually is a perfect counter for that fight. I don't have her ranked up or I would have used her.
  • Options
    GravediggerMCOCGravediggerMCOC Posts: 193
    Pulyaman said:

mbrace said:

ItsDamien said:

mbrace said:

OP, so true. I’m not sure what that Void fight was supposed to be, but it was very poorly designed. Get a debuff on you, and you die instantly. The fight puts weakness debuffs on you for getting close for too long. It’s a great time. Doom and Sinister were also a nightmare. Aarkus wasn’t that easy, but at least he was doable without revives. Mysterio was so so, and I hope the next 2 are not like the last 3 days.

Well your first problem is that you didn't read the node correctly. If you think you're getting a weakness debuff for being too close for too long, you may want to re-read his nodes.
    That’s not my first problem, because I’m going from memory and that’s not what makes him hard. It was an example. You will get debuffs on you one way or another, and they will kill you swiftly. You missed the point, because you are argumentative. You can’t accept the truth that the fight is exclusively tailored to 2 champs, maybe 3. This is not good design.
    I took in aegon, domino trinity and CAIW. The antman at the start helps you to build combo with all the glancing and the Mister fantastic before the boss helps you heal up. Domino can destroy the middle Gulk and Spidergwen. You should have 200+ combo before fighting void easily. Parry ML or LMLM and repeat. Fire sp2 when he has poison immunity. I did not one shot, though I could if I played slower. But I got him to 20 odd % everytime with aegon and CAIW finished it easily. You need to plan the fight as per your roster and not go with the popular options. Elsa bloodstone actually is a perfect counter for that fight. I don't have her ranked up or I would have used her.
    pretty true man
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

The only thing I really needed to say is probably going to get me banned, so I was trying my best to just hint on it. I’ll just have to say it clearly about the money aspect. The game could easily be about getting champs and having them be useful so long as you rank them up and play them well (aka skill and power). Instead, Herald and apparently future content is not about this. The goal is to have exactly the right champs, also each fully ranked up. The only reason that it needs to be this way is regarding how people spend in the game. Selling crystals is the goal. Forcing players to get more champs is the most lucrative approach, because quite frankly it is never-ending. You could drop $1000 right now and come up with nothing useful. I suppose, Kabam has full right to make such business decisions. What I’m warning about is very simple. This pushes a bunch of players away when they try to buy and just don’t get what they need to compete. When these players have finally had enough, there simply is not going to be enough purchasing going on to sustain the type of development needed to make the game better. Hence, it is a slowly collapsing system. You who have spent so much to reach a vast roster containing every possible champ that you could need will support this system to the bitter end, denying any amount of reason used to expose what is happening. As evidenced here, some of you don’t see the slightest problem with requiring overly specific champs. That blows my mind and has me wondering where your heads must be at.

I am mainly focused on this one point of annoyance: I thought my roster had enough 5/65 and utility to do it all, but I was wrong. What I have is not enough, and yet I’ve put an unthinkable amount of effort and a moderate amount of money into building my champs for the last 3 years. The game should not be such that this is irrelevant. It is demoralizing to me and also to people I know. I can’t ever be a COWhale, and that seems to be the only way to keep up. Herald merely highlighted this long-standing issue for me, and I hadn’t been able to see it so clearly before this.

You are so far off base. Plus I thought you were done here?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The thing is that I know that Aegon is one of the counters. I really wish I had him. After opening hundreds of 5* crystals, I still don’t have Aegon, Human Torch, CAIW, NF, or Emma Frost (for Mole-man). Ironically, I did have Elsa Bloodstone but lacked the resources to take her up past R3. I had been investing in other “God Tier” champs that I thought might be useful in the game, but they were not ideal for Herald. For example, OR, Colossus, and Sunspot sucked at Mole-man. They couldn’t deal with the encroaching stun combined with unavailable power. Usually you throw a special at the right time to avoid the stun. I’m sure you are aware. This is why Herald is BS. Normally reasonable counters are not working, because the fights point to certain champs only. I mean Colossus stomped MM in the past UC event. I don’t even think he took damage. 5/65 max sig Void can no longer one-shot Doom? What the heck. I’ve never lost to Doom with Void before.

When ranking up some of the best champs in the game turns out to be worthless for the latest content, then the game has taken a bad turn.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

The thing is that I know that Aegon is one of the counters. I really wish I had him. After opening hundreds of 5* crystals, I still don’t have Aegon, Human Torch, CAIW, NF, or Emma Frost (for Mole-man). Ironically, I did have Elsa Bloodstone but lacked the resources to take her up past R3. I had been investing in other “God Tier” champs that I thought might be useful in the game, but they were not ideal for Herald. For example, OR, Colossus, and Sunspot sucked at Mole-man. They couldn’t deal with the encroaching stun combined with unavailable power. Usually you throw a special at the right time to avoid the stun. I’m sure you are aware. This is why Herald is BS. Normally reasonable counters are not working, because the fights point to certain champs only. I mean Colossus stomped MM in the past UC event. I don’t even think he took damage. 5/65 max sig Void can no longer one-shot Doom? What the heck. I’ve never lost to Doom with Void before.

When ranking up some of the best champs in the game turns out to be worthless for the latest content, then the game has taken a bad turn.

If you couldn't beat mole man with those champs, that's you not the nodes. I beat him with 3 champs that broke the only way to even get power in the fight
  • Options
    mbrace said:

Bait l1's. Matador is one of the nodes. You sure you play this game?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I’m almost done here. No, I’m not off base. You won’t be able to see clearly, because you are part of the spending sickness. Anyone who can’t see that the game is pay-to-win is delusional and lost. Hence, the Matrix meme.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    mbrace said:

I’m almost done here. No, I’m not off base. You won’t be able to see clearly, because you are part of the spending sickness. Anyone who can’t see that the game is pay-to-win is delusional and lost. Hence, the Matrix meme.

Off to watch some Prof Hoff videos huh? I think maybe you just need to skip this entire event. Also, don't do Variant 5 since you know that has global buffs that benefit only certain champs. In fact, stay away from all variants. You'll just go bonkers with those. Definitely don't do Abyss. Way less counters there too. For someone that won't expand their roster based on principles, i'm not sure how you are ever going to do content.
  • Options
    I don’t even know who that is. Don’t care.
  • Options
    Gmonkey said:

mbrace said:

Why are you fighting void then. Fight vision arkus easy solo with doom or symbiote supreme.
    Doom was another easy solo with void Or quake. Do you have mister fantastic you can get some more debuff for void that way

Seems you rush in without a plan and then complain. Watch seatin’s video for each day so you can see the champs and nodes you have to fight. Bring one or two lane clearers and then 3-4 champs for the boss
    Shhhhhhhh he can't be bothered with doing research before fighting. Not his style, plus, what would he have to complain about knowing proper champs to bring?
  • Options

Gmonkey said:

mbrace said:

Why are you fighting void then. Fight vision arkus easy solo with doom or symbiote supreme.
    Doom was another easy solo with void Or quake. Do you have mister fantastic you can get some more debuff for void that way

Seems you rush in without a plan and then complain. Watch seatin’s video for each day so you can see the champs and nodes you have to fight. Bring one or two lane clearers and then 3-4 champs for the boss
    Shhhhhhhh he can't be bothered with doing research before fighting. Not his style, plus, what would he have to complain about knowing proper champs to bring?
    I actually have a plan, but reasonable planning isn’t working. How is having to watch a Seatin video every day any kind of fun? Additionally, I figured out the counters after the fights by analyzing the shortcomings of who I did bring. The real problem is that it turns out that I don’t have some of these champs after opening hundreds of crystals. It’s not like I didn’t try to get HT or want him. I just couldn’t pull him and may never pull him. Sure, I can use Doom for Aarkus and Air-Walker (maybe). My 6* Warlock can cover Sinister. Venom easily beats Mysterio. Iceman can do Mole. I already accurately stated that 2/7 are getting me, but I’ve put way too much into my roster to fail at all. For the record, I powered through Void and Doom anyway. I just wouldn’t do it again without the proper counters, which I don’t have and probably never will.
  • Options
    mbrace said:

Gmonkey said:

mbrace said:

I actually have a plan, but reasonable planning isn’t working. How is having to watch a Seatin video every day any kind of fun? Additionally, I figured out the counters after the fights by analyzing the shortcomings of who I did bring. The real problem is that it turns out that I don’t have some of these champs after opening hundreds of crystals. It’s not like I didn’t try to get HT or want him. I just couldn’t pull him and may never pull him. Sure, I can use Doom for Aarkus and Air-Walker (maybe). My 6* Warlock can cover Sinister. Venom easily beats Mysterio. Iceman can do Mole. I already accurately stated that 2/7 are getting me, but I’ve put way too much into my roster to fail at all. For the record, I powered through Void and Doom anyway. I just wouldn’t do it again without the proper counters, which I don’t have and probably never will.
    Well I'm glad you can admit that it's you and not the nodes.
  • Options

mbrace said:

Gmonkey said:

mbrace said:

It’s actually the RNG, so it’s Kabam.
  • Options
    mbrace said:

mbrace said:

Gmonkey said:

mbrace said:

It’s actually the RNG, so it’s Kabam.
    true
  • Options
    hope galactus comes in
  • Options
    Oh hey, here’s my chance to get one of the counters I need, LOL. Demonzfyre style:

• Options
    From your expert advice, what do you think? Like $400 worth maybe?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    mbrace said:

The only thing I really needed to say is probably going to get me banned, so I was trying my best to just hint on it. I’ll just have to say it clearly about the money aspect. The game could easily be about getting champs and having them be useful so long as you rank them up and play them well (aka skill and power). Instead, Herald and apparently future content is not about this. The goal is to have exactly the right champs, also each fully ranked up. The only reason that it needs to be this way is regarding how people spend in the game. Selling crystals is the goal. Forcing players to get more champs is the most lucrative approach, because quite frankly it is never-ending. You could drop $1000 right now and come up with nothing useful. I suppose, Kabam has full right to make such business decisions. What I’m warning about is very simple. This pushes a bunch of players away when they try to buy and just don’t get what they need to compete. When these players have finally had enough, there simply is not going to be enough purchasing going on to sustain the type of development needed to make the game better. Hence, it is a slowly collapsing system. You who have spent so much to reach a vast roster containing every possible champ that you could need will support this system to the bitter end, denying any amount of reason used to expose what is happening. As evidenced here, some of you don’t see the slightest problem with requiring overly specific champs. That blows my mind and has me wondering where your heads must be at.

I am mainly focused on this one point of annoyance: I thought my roster had enough 5/65 and utility to do it all, but I was wrong. What I have is not enough, and yet I’ve put an unthinkable amount of effort and a moderate amount of money into building my champs for the last 3 years. The game should not be such that this is irrelevant. It is demoralizing to me and also to people I know. I can’t ever be a COWhale, and that seems to be the only way to keep up. Herald merely highlighted this long-standing issue for me, and I hadn’t been able to see it so clearly before this.

Out of curiosity, how many 5/65 do you have? Because I’ve played for 4-5 years, probably spent less than 300 in total during that time and have 15, with the potential for 4 more. I’m far from the best player, haven’t touched abyss, haven’t explored LoL, 6.2, 6.3 or 6.4 and I think this event is perfectly fine IF YOU PICK ONE DAY THAT YOURE GOOD AGAINST AND DO 7 RUNS OF THAT CLASS PER WEEK. I have the counters to vision Aarkus, but I never felt in control on that boss fight, the doom on the other hand I found to be far easier so I know that I should go with mystic each week.

Oh and one last thing, you mentioned that they should boost attack and hp values a page or 2 back, that is the dumbest idea you’ve had considering attack values are the one thing being nerfed across the board in act 6. I don’t have the biggest, most developed roster, but I hope the future cavalier difficulties push me to use champs I wouldn’t normally use as that’s far more fun and engaging than having really bulky, high attack value opponents that you can easily take down with Aegon, corvus, ghost, quake etc as usual, nothing special.
  • Options
    7714dtl said:

Oh my God. The amount of time some people have spent crying on this thread you could have actually practiced and gotten good.

Or just wait for the day that suits your roster and run it repeatedly

Or maybe its just above your skill/roster level and you need to stay in epic

The game is getting a higher difficulty with better rewards, feel free to get over it

No, if were to buy that Aegon, I think I would be ok. You are also confused about the difference between skill-based fights and champ specific fights. The increase in difficulty is being driven by requiring very specific champs. That’s not skill at all. I can intercept like a pro, my parry timing is perfect, and I have 5/65 top tier champs in all classes. Of course, these aren’t enough. That’s just sad.
  • Options
    Even when playing the epic difficulty, the majority of the difficulty comes from the nodes on the boss. They’re just weird and annoying to counter without a specific champ. If herald is supposed to be *much* harder than epic, why are they sharing the same difficult nodes?
  • Options
    Ironically, the alliance I’m in is highly irritating when it comes to hard content as they usually moan about how it’s “bs and unfair, only a couple of counters” etc.
    I’ve not seen a single complaint from any of them about his month, compared to the neverending stream of complaints about Sasquatch or the man thing in that final northern expedition that required 3 debuffs.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Ironically, the alliance I’m in is highly irritating when it comes to hard content as they usually moan about how it’s “bs and unfair, only a couple of counters” etc.
    I’ve not seen a single complaint from any of them about his month, compared to the neverending stream of complaints about Sasquatch or the man thing in that final northern expedition that required 3 debuffs.

I really doubt your story. But you guys are right. I’m just going to spam Air-Walker with Doom and stop trying to conquer the game. Even though Doom will wipe the floor with him, I’m sure it’s entirely skill-based content and has nothing to do with the right champs.

Also, Sasquatch was extremely easy on Canadian with Void and Warlock. That story just doesn’t add up at all.
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    I just did the mole man on herald difficulty 5 times with 5 different mutant champs. So don’t think there is really a specific counter. Tried different champ each time (colossus, domino, EF, Namor, OR)
    Didn’t have an issue with him at all or had to even revive for that matter. colossus cleared the whole path besides KM easily.
  • Options
    mbrace said:

I really doubt your story. But you guys are right. I’m just going to spam Air-Walker with Doom and stop trying to conquer the game. Even though Doom will wipe the floor with him, I’m sure it’s entirely skill-based content and has nothing to do with the right champs.

Also, Sasquatch was extremely easy on Canadian with Void and Warlock. That story just doesn’t add up at all.
    That’s my point... Sasquatch was stupidly easy but it didn’t stop the lower skilled players in my alliance whining about the scary 300k hp Sasquatch... but none of them have complained about this month because they wait for one of the better guys (or seatin) to go in first and then decide based on the nodes if they are interested in that day, just like I’ve seen all the nodes for the days with shards available and decided that mystic is an easy steamroll. If I wanted the rank up materials I probably would’ve gone tech, but I’m still hunting the elusive Aegon so it’s shards all the way for me.
    I did also ask how many 5/65 you have considering you keep saying it’s a roster issue? That and some other bits were in a different reply to one of your comments.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

7714dtl said:

Oh my God. The amount of time some people have spent crying on this thread you could have actually practiced and gotten good.

The game is getting a higher difficulty with better rewards, feel free to get over it

No, if were to buy that Aegon, I think I would be ok. You are also confused about the difference between skill-based fights and champ specific fights. The increase in difficulty is being driven by requiring very specific champs. That’s not skill at all. I can intercept like a pro, my parry timing is perfect, and I have 5/65 top tier champs in all classes. Of course, these aren’t enough. That’s just sad.
    These fights are not champion specific as you make it out to be. There are multiple counters for all fights. You can use a single champ and blast through any single day. Considering there are no star requirements, if you have a 4 star aegon, you can try to skill your way to earn the Herald difficulty rewards, since you can intercept like a pro, parry like a God and all that jazz.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    7714dtl said:

But their complaints get into Kabam head and suddenly we don't have any good content anymore.
This discussion has been closed.