**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Buffed Magneto looks awesome - but now it'd make sense to buff Rocket Raccoon

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
According to AuntMay, there are only 3 techs who aren't metal atm, and you kind of want to get class advantage when you can, right? However these 3 are:

Hulkbuster (which is probably mistake in their database or idk)
Starlord (already a great champ)
Rocket Raccoon (barely useful)

In the light of this, if the Magneto buff goes live as it is of now, it'd only make sense to buff Rocket, in order to expand a bit the handful of opponents that have passive advantage over his kind.

Comments

• ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    edited August 2020
    Kerneas said:

According to AuntMay, there are only 3 techs who aren't metal atm, and you kind of want to get class advantage when you can, right? However these 3 are:

In the light of this, if the Magneto buff goes live as it is of now, it'd only make sense to buff Rocket, in order to expand a bit the handful of opponents that have passive advantage over his kind.

they won't buff rocket racoon this year as they have already shown us the characters that they will buff or rework next

• ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    Aayush19 said:

But whats the point of buffing punisher2099?

So all here who have 5 star and 6-star punisher 2099 can enjoy
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

People have him
    Kerneas said:

In the light of this, if the Magneto buff goes live as it is of now, it'd only make sense to buff Rocket, in order to expand a bit the handful of opponents that have the passive advantage over his kind.

@Kerneas according to AuntM.ai
    Yondu can not be magnetized
    @Kerneas It is pointless and kabam have already fixed champs who they are gonna look upon
    like gambit falcon and punisher 2099
    dot
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Has everyone forgot about what a joke Deadpool x force is?
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    Hulkbuster has a metal tag, you can check for yourself.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    @Oesername123 @Shafeeq I didn't get to check them all manually, so I decided to look only at this unofficial database. That is also the reason why I mention my resources at the very beggining of my post.

However, if you replace Hulkbuster with Yondu on the "non magnetic tech" list, the outcome is even worse:

Starlord is great but he can't really keep up with the newest additions.

Yondu may be underrated but he is just "slightly above average"

Rocket is slightly worse than Yondu in my eyes.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Midnite93 said:

I fought Magneto with Hulkbuster not magnetized

Then this is a bug because hulkbuster definitely has the metal tag. Nobody must have noticed before because nobody used magneto
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    Hulk buster has metal tag
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★

I actually love Rocket and think he is underrated. He is not going to do much later quest content, but he deals solid damage. Buff up his Defense a bit, maybe add evade ala Spidey or Quake? I’d support it!

Very well said... He needs some minor uplift..
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

Cuz he’s in need of a buff!
  • RichardSlugbergRichardSlugberg Posts: 81 ★★
    Kerneas said:

It's a mistake in the game data, AuntM.ai is reflecting that mistake. It is something Kabam's aware of so I'd expect it to be fixed soon.

AuntM.ai uses the game mechanics for tagging because I'd argue it's more important to match mechanics instead of the display.

Hulkbuster doesn't get magnetized ... so I don't show the tag. This used to be the case for Ant-Man as well.
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    rocket rackon, star lord use lots of gadget, It's funny they aren't metal"
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 132
    Your argument is based around people wanting to use tech champions for class advantage, however, the new Magneto will actually just remove the damage increase that techs get as well as the damage decrease that he gets, effectively making them neutral classes to each other.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Starlord has og [Omega Gear(for a original champion)] armor and weapons not metal
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    I’d love for rocket to get buffed and hopefully it’s along side groot. They should totally have a great synergy. I think there is a pretty good chance to see a groot overhaul in the next round of buffs so it may happen.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Your argument is based around people wanting to use tech champions for class advantage, however, the new Magneto will actually just remove the damage increase that techs get as well as the damage decrease that he gets, effectively making them neutral classes to each other.

This is inaccurate. this only happens to tech champions who are metallic. The ability is listed under the header [Magnet]
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Well, yea, all champs have classes and certain classes counter other classes. And now Magneto breaks this circle because there is no way to get upperhand over Magneto.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I’d put Rocket in line well behind IP and this guy:

I’m excited about Mags, but there’s a huge mutant lovefest going on right now for a stacked class.

Dr. Zola