**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Changes to Guardian

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Although I have no ideas to add to this, I would just like to say thank you for involving the community & asking for input in this instead of just slamming the nerf hammer down.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

This definitely, thanks for the continued communication.
  • Amms90Amms90 Posts: 327 ★★★
    change it so that her block proficiency can't be altered by synergies, if that's necessary, but save the interacion with the masteries, otherwise that will be a massive nerf on Domino and since she's my top champion I'll seriously feel like quitting the game.
  • Jmille85Jmille85 Posts: 101
    Please don’t nerf Domino over a synergy... I will be really upset if her abilities are changed in anyway since I have her 6* r3 and I don’t have Guardian... change how the synergy interacts with her don’t change the character..
    Jmille85 said:

Please don’t nerf Domino over a synergy... I will be really upset if her abilities are changed in anyway since I have her 6* r3 and I don’t have Guardian... change how the synergy interacts with her don’t change the character..

Oh my gosh guys she's Not Getting Nerfed! Did you even read Kabam Miike's Responses? You won't see a single change if you aren't using the Synergy...
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike just making sure, Domino's block proficiency will be improved based on the block proficiency mastery and perfect block mastery, right? If that's been changed, it would be a massive nerf to Domino.

So basically, Domino's block proficiency cannot be changed by synergies like Guardian's, but it can still be changed by masteries, right?

@Kabam Miike do you have an update on this?
    edited August 2020

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

If you rebalanced the value to trigger a perfect block to account for what she would be missing from the block proficiency mastery due to such a change that would be reasonable. If you didn’t rebalance to account for the loss of that mastery then it would be unreasonable as she would lose that ability.
    Noted. I think this was already the plan, but I will make sure.
    @KDSuperFlash10 Page 2
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Keniutek said:

Hands off of Domino please. If that's not a nerf, i don't know what is :angry::rage:

Then you don't know what a nerf is. Tell me how exactly this is a nerf.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Keniutek said:

Hands off of Domino please. If that's not a nerf, i don't know what is :angry::rage:

Then you don't know what a nerf is. Tell me how exactly this is a nerf.
    people don't understand the changes. they see domino and changes and don't bother to read through it
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    So the change to domino would mean the block proficiency mastery doesn't help her right?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

So the change to domino would mean the block proficiency mastery doesn't help her right?

No. It's not changing Domino or how she operates with the Mastery. Only the Synergy with Guardian.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

No. It's not changing Domino or how she operates with the Mastery. Only the Synergy with Guardian.
    Okay cool
  • SBundyBearSBundyBear Posts: 8

We thought it was safer to make a change to the Synergy since Guardian is newer, and we would rather not make a change to Domino, a long-standing Champion that is pretty sought after. However, it seems like you all disagree with that.

We do have another idea that I would like to float by you guys that will leave the Synergy unchanged, and leaves Domino basically unchanged, but does mean that this interaction will no longer happen.

Right now, her abilities take into account outside sources of Block Proficiency, but we would change it so that it does not. The new ability would read: "A Block with (X) Block Proficiency from Domino’s Abilities results in a Perfect Block, reducing incoming attack damage to zero and granting 10% maximum Power instantly."

Basically, the Perfect Block has to come from her own abilities. Thoughts on that?

So the Dev team answer is to change the synergy which interacts with every champ in the game and is a key reason people invested in him recently. Surely the only one fair and proper thing to do is fix the 1 champ who is actually broken which is domino.
    edited August 2020

So the Dev team answer is to change the synergy which interacts with every champ in the game and is a key reason people invested in him recently. Surely the only one fair and proper thing to do is fix the 1 champ who is actually broken which is domino.
    *was (as in it Was their original answer to nerf the whole Synergy)
    Keniutek said:

Jmille85 said:

Oh my gosh guys she's Not Getting Nerfed! Did you even read Kabam Miike's Responses? You won't see a single change if you aren't using the Synergy...
    I'll believe it, when i see it. Kabam has a way of messing "things" up...
    :wink:
    Joking aside no there's no way they could, besides the game itself bugging out, they already specified exactly how it will work and took care of everyone's concerns on things like the BP Mastery.
    We all joke a lot about bugs and such but Kabam isn't incompetent, though at the same time you gotta keep in mind they are all still only human...
  • JAsummonarJAsummonar Posts: 171
    @Kabam Miike If you really want honest inputs. I would request not to touch domino. Not even for a minor change.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★

What I don't understand is this. That Domino ability is very clearly stated and has been around for a while now. Is having a block proficiency above that number NOT intended? Then why have the ability at all? Why not make it a 50% chance or something?

I think Guardians block proficiency boost is a very cool synergy that no other champ has, so rather than nerfing that unique synergy, definitely nerf the broken interaction. And I'm saying this with an R3 6* Domino.
  • SrmikesSrmikes Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike what if in the guardian synergy it just says all "except Domino"? This way neither champion is changed , prior synergies for armor increases or block efficiency aren't affected, and it is very specific to prevent this interaction. Is that possible?
  • MaximusSavageMaximusSavage Posts: 37

Keniutek said:

Jmille85 said:

I'll believe it, when i see it. Kabam has a way of messing "things" up...
    :wink:
    Joking aside no there's no way they could, besides the game itself bugging out, they already specified exactly how it will work and took care of everyone's concerns on things like the BP Mastery.
    We all joke a lot about bugs and such but Kabam isn't incompetent, though at the same time you gotta keep in mind they are all still only human...
    Everybody that likes to hate on Kabam needs to realize this company puts out new and often unique content on a monthly basis. That's a LOT of moving parts. Bad bugs really suck but overall this game plays like a dream with few exceptions. Try and keep that in mind when you're dogging them.
  • Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    I personally have an r3 duped Domino. She is my main champ for most content. My fear here is just as something can be introduced and not fully understand the impact such as this synergy, similarly a change to Domino even a perceived small change such as this one will not be fully understood. I really feel an existing champ that has been in game a long time and established should not be changed for a recent introduced error. All changes should be centered around Guardian as he is the source of the issue.
  • Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    To clarify I fully believe this needs changed and not advocating for this to continue for Domino. I would be perfectly happy to have the synergy exclude only Domino if that means she is left alone.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    Can someone explain to me how she can get over her perfect block threshold without this synergy?

Base bp is 3225 for a 6*r3
    BP mastery is +800
    Her random increase at r3 is 1433.33

Total: 5458.33
    Her perfect block triggers at 5812.96

Maths don’t add up for me. Please explain. seems she needs a synergy like this to trigger pb randomly.
  • Bwest289 said:

Can someone explain to me how she can get over her perfect block threshold without this synergy?

BP mastery is +800

Maths don’t add up for me. Please explain. seems she needs a synergy like this to trigger pb randomly.

Additional extra from LUCKY.
    That 6* total seems a little further behind the threshold than 3*/4*/5* I looked at (seemed generally in the neighborhood of 300 short for those), which “Lucky“ would then be able to get past.

Which is why I had idea just to specify separate Random Chance percentage in her Lucky section of ability, and not worry about B.P. calculation for determining P.B. case thru rest of her description.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182

Bwest289 said:

BP mastery is +800

Additional extra from LUCKY.
    That 6* total seems a little further behind the threshold than 3*/4*/5* I looked at (seemed generally in the neighborhood of 300 short for those), which “Lucky“ would then be able to get past.

Which is why I had idea just to specify separate Random Chance percentage in her Lucky section of ability, and not worry about B.P. calculation for determining P.B. case thru rest of her description.
    Ah, thank you. That’s what I was missing.

Yeah the synergy could just apply to everyone but domino so that benefit doesn’t change for anyone, then a synergy for domino to increase the random chance of the 1433.33 bp benefit. Idk what the random chance is that it triggers because it’s not in the description but maybe make that clear and give it a slight boost w this synergy.
  • MaximusSavageMaximusSavage Posts: 37
    That's why I suggested just adding "this ability can only occur once every (X) seconds" similar to Gulli 2099. That way it still processes but doesn't land on every hit of a long combo or special attack. You still get perfect blocks and the associated power gain just not in a crazy way. The Guardian synergy highlighted the occurrence but it's possible with other things like Longshot's lucky boost under certain circumstances.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Make it as suggested by Kabam Miike, that Domino's perfect blocks can come only from her personal abilities(masteries and such included), and, if possible, make it such that she can get the damage reduction from the synergy, but never perfect block other than by, cliche, Domino's luck. I have enough confidence that the team can figure out such a system, given the amazing mechanics we have seen them put into champions over the last two years.

Saw a lot of people saying that they maxed Guardian and sigged him up, just for the synergy, to what extent that is true I cannot say, but the opinions of the player base must be respected, and I would suggest giving us another window where the players who took him up, and apparently, don't want him anymore, can sell their five and six stars, and eventually get him back at 1r1, with all the stuff they dumped into him. Giving players the ability to do the same for Domino cannot be justified, as the interaction is sufficiently new that it is safe to assume that the affected players already had Domino ranked up, and I will not be convinced by someone saying that they took up Guardian AND Domino because of the synergy.

P.S. @Kabam Miike, or any other dev reading this, please, please make the next month's beginner/normal EQ 2star/3star champion reward Red Hulk, I would really like to use my five star Domino for literally everything.