**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant 5 - my first post

So I’ve got to say I love this forum. It’s helped me so much over my past year of playing. But! I’ve got to say how gutted I am with V5.

I found V4 the easiest to complete and have almost explored (just 1.2 to conquer). I’ve explored the others expect V1.

The thing is I don’t have any really good spider verse champs and my mystics are non existent. My mystic catalyst is always overflowing and my first crystal class crystals were Diablo and dupped Iron Fist.

This isn’t a complaint really but after V4 you’d hope for more use of star champs rather than specific champs as the attack is so high

Like to hear anyone else’s thoughts who don’t have about 10 5/65 specific champs

Comments

• Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    So another complaint even you said out loud that it's not a complaint.

Good event for you is something easy, no?
  • Options
    Ladpcw78Ladpcw78 Posts: 69
    Well glad I started to join the conversation on the forum if this is the passive aggressive reply you get
  • Options
    Ohhchewy90Ohhchewy90 Posts: 201
    This variant was the easiest but it sucks when you open 4 4-5 rank up gems and they’re all cosmic
  • Options
    I said I’d like to hear thoughts from other people ie. start a conversation
  • Options
    RetlawIVRetlawIV Posts: 50
    Just finished it using 5/65 BWCV, 6* r1 Agent Venom, 3/45 Venom, 6* r1 Dormammu and 4/55 Symbiote Supreme and I have to say it wasn't too bad. It could be done with maxed 4* champs.
  • Options
    This is my current availability. Any thoughts? 1 missed combo and I’m out
  • Options
    MazraMazra Posts: 60
    Personally, I loved this variant. Had a few rank 5s needed to help me push through. First completion gives a lot of solid rewards. Nodes weren't too crazy but still challenging. I had fun with it.
  • Options
    pokimjkopokimjko Posts: 7
    two things ive got to say
    1. this content is AWESOME
    2. you are not suppose to be able to fully explore every new content. the whole idea is to work towards it

Yet to encounter an endgame player who dislikes it, and at least 10 guys in my alliance including myself half way to explore it.
    keep progressing, eventually ull get there. whats the rush?
    guess its more than 2
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Ladpcw78 said:

Your roster is not strong enough, and to make it cheap you have to be as skillful as Brian Grant.

We can't give advice for you to do a whole quest, which fight is hardest for you now? We can suggest a counter for a fight or a path.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I’d suggest maxing out your Venom the Duck. Very useful for the left armor path in the 1st quest.
  • Options
    RetlawIVRetlawIV Posts: 50
    Ladpcw78 said:

I’d say it’s doable, but you will have to play very well
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. After a year playing I’m finding it hard to grow my roster. Damn RNG. Have a lot of catalysts and rank up gems. No T2 Alpha

Got to add that I don’t use boosts. Im a suicide to myself and like to get as far as I can on my own. F2Play account. I use the boosts when I think i need them.

Still reckon I’m still lacklustre in the champs needed for this variant which is wa
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Focus on the other variants. Whatever you can do. Unfortunately your roster doesn't have the right champs for this one. Just need to keep at it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the, positive, response.

As i said I guess it’s down to luck. I know my team isn’t up to it yet but im a good player just let down because I can’t take my best ranked champs in
  • Options
    GOTG said:

Plus let’s not forget the first response this person gave me. I wasn’t complaining and I don’t respect this sort of response
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Ladpcw78 said:

Thanks for the, positive, response.

As i said I guess it’s down to luck. I know my team isn’t up to it yet but im a good player just let down because I can’t take my best ranked champs in

Definitely down to luck. I have 18+ R5, but if it was a variant based a lot on skill champs, I'd have to pull out a few 4* champs since my skill roster isn't that great.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Seems like another paywall variant to me for those that dont have as advanced of a roster. Just like variant 1 with restricted gates , they could’ve at least given a 50% weakness to other champs. I just started it and I’m already having trouble on the first path with all the hard to dex special champions they put on it (punisher 99, bishop, war machine) oh and I’ve explored v2-4
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

I’m always trying to complete as far as I go without a boost.. maybe I’m making a mistake lol

Still lacking in t2 alpha to rank up my champs but will focus on that now.... add finder cross to a good mystic champ
  • Options
    ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    Quest 3/4 can be cheesed by voodoo
    Even a 4star 3/30 should be fine
  • Options

GOTG said:

Your not wrong but there’s no need to be so passive aggressive

GOTG said:

Your not wrong but there’s no need to be so passive aggressive
    Thank you. First time posting. Don’t know who I’m talking to or where from ...just want a discussion

Fingers crossed for next mystic crystal

Btw I Thought I was happy with maxed out domino and cap IW but even they aren’t cutting it lol
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Why so much attacking on so many threads? My personal experience is that there were some easy paths like life transfer and bleed vulnerability that helped me to complete, but exploring could be hard. I don’t think I’ll be trying that for now. Doom, SS, and Venom were MVP’s.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Can a 4 star claire and doom work for man thing and hulkbuster?
    Don't own them as a higher rarity