**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

3 questions, can anyone help?

QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Before we start, this is my roster.

Okay so I have 3 questions for anyone who is willing to help, though two of them can kind of be compressed into 1, and the other is a pretty simple one, which I'll start with.

1. Should I invest in suicides?

Never tried them out but I think I have a pretty suicide friendly roster, if anyone could give tips they'd all be much appreciated.

2 & 3. What content should I do? Which champion/s should I rank up for it?

So I've got 3 options content wise: get elders bane (done 5.3 already), get cavalier or do variants (only done v4 completion).

As for rank ups, I have the catalysts to get 2 r5 5*s, minus t2a which I have a fair amount of and can get more at pretty short notice. Got a skill, mutant and mystic gem, about 40 of each class sig stone and around 60 generics.

Would hugely appreciate any input on any of my questions. 😊
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I probably wouldn’t go for suicides, most of your champs don’t gain a huge benefit (Claire being the only highly ranked one who does) is definitely r5 stealthy, and Claire isn’t a bad choice even without suicides, she will help a lot in content. I’d focus on trying to reach cav since the cav eq is coming fairly soon, though you have a pretty strong roster for v5 so that’s a solid option as well, maybe do completion there for the 4-5 gem
  • Options
    ToastbusterToastbuster Posts: 39
    Don’t do suicides yet but buy the core specials when you see them for sale. Get Cav 1st then go back and get Elders Bane. Save your gems, nobody you have needs them atm. I agree with LV, you have a good v5 team. I have all variants 100%, act 6 complete & I never ran suicides. Also, your 6 stars are nice but I would still concentrate on ranking your 5’s.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Agree with @Lvernon15 - your only real suicide friendly champ is Claire - your hype, stealthy and torch would suffer with them turned on.
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I think you should get cavalier done as soon as possible, preferably at least before cyber weekend because the 1k and 4k unit deals are much better for Cavaliers and also the other unit offers(Odin's, peter parker lot bag etc.) not to mention the other ingame benefits of becoming cavalier.

As for your roster, I don't really think you need r5 5stars to get cavalier done, your r4 5 stars and 6 star champs are more than good enough, claire voyant can take down crossbones, I don't see a good sentinel counter but just switch on full boosts and you'll be fine

I think it would be a good idea to grind another 500 units though if you want to push for cavalier, just as a safety precaution

As for suicides, I don't really run suicides so I can't really say

• Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    1. Unless you do tons of arena,stay away from suicides.
    2. I'd say go for cavalier, calendar gets better, there are benefits, and it's easier than elders bane if you have good 5 stars, which you do.
    3. I'd say rank up BWCV or longshot, and either stealth, hyperion or torch, whichever you prefer to use, as none of them really require awakened ability, except maybe torch, if you want the pre fight multiple times. Thing would also be a pretty good option. Any of the aforementioned characters would be good choices. Depends on your preference. Though thing would be good for 6.1 along with BWCV and hype.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis
    Isn't Hyperion suicide friendly? He's poison immune and can access* 15 or 25% regen when he gets 3 cosmic charges from his SP3.
  • Options
    So most people seem to be saying get cav, which I think I was expecting. But which champions will help me the most? Also is mojo worth awakening and ranking up?
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis
    Isn't Hyperion suicide friendly? He's poison immune and can access* 15 or 25% regen when he gets 3 cosmic charges from his SP3.

Ronin is also very suicide friendly.
  • Options
    Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    I think cap iw, claire voyant, human torch, hyperion and one of stealthy/longshot/ronin/aarkus could be your team
    I think Iron Man IW can come in handy in no retreat 6.1.1 because of his high armor rating and block proficiency
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Qacob said:

So most people seem to be saying get cav, which I think I was expecting. But which champions will help me the most? Also is mojo worth awakening and ranking up?

Mojo is good but I think is better to max Claire first
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis

He can work around suicides for sure. I have a 5/65 Hyperion and I can say for certain that suicides definitely impact how you play him.

You can’t spam specials which is a big benefit for Hyperion - you need to be more conservative with you play style. I much prefer him without suicides.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis

He slams too many specials, getting the regen negates the whole point of suicides because you’re sacrificing damage, and because of flat values and his huge artificial attack increase at his base he doesn’t get much if a damage boost from them
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis

getting the regen negates the whole point of suicides because you’re sacrificing damage
    Can you elaborate please? I thought regenerating was a huge benefit for suicides?
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Lvernon15 said:

Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis

getting the regen negates the whole point of suicides because you’re sacrificing damage
    Can you elaborate please? I thought regenerating was a huge benefit for suicides?
    To get the regen you lose damage, you lose your fast power gain and the damage from cosmic charges, and all that regen does is cover recoil, the damage you lose by triggering the regen is more than what suicides give you
  • Options
    Mayis said:

Lvernon15 said:

Rookiie said:

Lvernon15 said:

Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis

To get the regen you lose damage, you lose your fast power gain and the damage from cosmic charges, and all that regen does is cover recoil, the damage you lose by triggering the regen is more than what suicides give you
    U don't need regen in the first place. I think with Hyperion you want to spam sp3-s in most scenarios, and sp3 doesn't have recoil.
    That means you lose a lot of damage, the sp2 has a strong armour break and also allows you to stack huge fury, and the sp1 dot is strong, the sp3 is more the ramp up special to get your cosmic charges
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Mayis said:

Lvernon15 said:

Rookiie said:

Lvernon15 said:

Rookiie said:

Wait @Lvernon15 @Mayis

U don't need regen in the first place. I think with Hyperion you want to spam sp3-s in most scenarios, and sp3 doesn't have recoil.
    You want 1 sp3 for the cosmic charges (it isn't a rule but usually I do against stun immune when I want to spam sp1). And his Hyperion is unawakened, so even if your goal is to spam sp3, it will be slower
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    for cav, the main roadblock is not having a double immune champ, and your Claire should be good for that. if you wanted, you could wait for magneto and rank him because a lot of bosses are metal and would be much easier with him
  • Options

for cav, the main roadblock is not having a double immune champ, and your Claire should be good for that. if you wanted, you could wait for magneto and rank him because a lot of bosses are metal and would be much easier with him

Yeah I think I'm gonna grind out a ton of units while I wait for the buff, then get cav. Makes more sense to wait imo.