**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Give us the choice to fight our own defense during offseason.

And just give us the loser rewards at the end.

This whole offseason we've either fought a partial defense, no defense or a joke defense while our opponents don't even attempt an attack.

Look, I get it. There is zero incentive for offseason. I'm not salty at those alliances nor can I blame them.

I'm just saying give alliances that wish to practice against certain node and champ combinations a chance to do that by setting up their own defense they wish to fight.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    We don't run it usually. We take a break. When we do, we don't Tank. This is one of the reasons I think all Tiers should be frozen and only played for Win/Lose Rewards in the off-season. Tanking is still very much a thing. Some cases, people aren't available to place. Mostly people just throw the Matches. Why even play it?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think even if they made it with no rewards, people would be happy to do it
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I don’t think this will happen in a reward setting, to easy to exploit

How? Curious what you thought of.
    Why would you place a hard defense if you are fighting your own defense for rewards?
    Did you read my post?

Edit: literally the first sentence
    I play in the off season I don’t want loser rewards, you know how complicated it would be to implement a system where you have both with no benefit to them? Now if you had a separate mode where you can practice against your own defense that would be different but likely rarely used

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Why would you place a hard defense if you are fighting your own defense for rewards?
    Did you read my post?

I play in the off season I don’t want loser rewards, you know how complicated it would be to implement a system where you have both with no benefit to them? Now if you had a separate mode where you can practice against your own defense that would be different but likely rarely used
    Smh...

The. CHOICE.
    Smh.... I covered that
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Did you read my post?

Smh...

The. CHOICE.
    Also. How is that complicated?

*enter matchmaking*
    Get a match.
    Winners get winner rewards and losers get loser rewards.

*choose to fight own defense*
    "By choosing this option all participating members will receive loser rewards at the end of the war."
    K
    too many steps
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Did you read my post?

Smh...

The. CHOICE.

*enter matchmaking*
    Get a match.

"By choosing this option all participating members will receive loser rewards at the end of the war."
    K
    Or just no rewards. The incentive to practice against nodes and characters is rewarding enough. Like Lormif said, it would be abused for quick rewards. The solution would be to have no rewards for playing against your own defense.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Did you read my post?

Smh...

The. CHOICE.

*enter matchmaking*
    Get a match.

K
    There is WAY more to it than that. You would have to modify a very complicated and fragile system to allow a team to over right the placement of the opponent.you would also have to change the single lockout of champs to allow the modem to work. You would have to ensure this cannot be done in war season, and make massive testing to make sure it cannot be done during the season. It is less about the rewards in this case, but about not making it exploitable. It is easy to just copy the mode to a practice mode and allow you to set your own defense and not have to worry about the actual competitive mode, and in either case there is no Benedict for them to do that and would probably rarely be used
  • WilburWWilburW Posts: 18
    It would be nice to set a defense that you would expect to fight in a real season AW fight. I would be ok doing this even if no rewards were given by doing so. Maybe off season wars should always be set to not have any rewards. I’m thinking there will be a decent amount of negativity to that comment but oh well. Main goal for most alliances is to practice in off season instead of dealing with war defenses that don’t mean much. I think it’s a good idea.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

i wish my ally did offseason. It’s an excellent way to practice my skills for me due to the amount of nodes and champions on them.

I would totally like to fight my defense, so I can feel the pain other have suffered, as well as try out different champion/node combos. Great idea mate

I actually like that my Ally doesn't do off-season give me time to do other things with my top team not locked in war.

i wish my ally did offseason. It’s an excellent way to practice my skills for me due to the amount of nodes and champions on them.

I would totally like to fight my defense, so I can feel the pain other have suffered, as well as try out different champion/node combos. Great idea mate

I actually like that my Ally doesn't do off-season give me time to do other things with my top team not locked in war.
    i never bring my top team too war. Domino, Gulk, and Kamala Khan. Top 5/6 champs are questing

i never bring my top team too war. Domino, Gulk, and Kamala Khan. Top 5/6 champs are questing
    I don't have enough good 5*s to quest and war with so my top has to go to war but I am getting there.

I don't have enough good 5*s to quest and war with so my top has to go to war but I am getting there.
    I use mainly 4 stars for questing with one five star, and bring more 4/40s into war

I use mainly 4 stars for questing with one five star, and bring more 4/40s into war
    I get punched alot so I need larger health pools lol
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    What would prevent a player from simply placing 2* defenders to collect easy rewards and not have to worry about any champs being locked up for days? That is just 1 way players would abuse a system like that. I don't know what tier your in but even loser rewards can give out around 1k 5* shards.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

Neotwism said:

What would prevent a player from simply placing 2* defenders to collect easy rewards and not have to worry about any champs being locked up for days? That is just 1 way players would abuse a system like that. I don't know what tier your in but even loser rewards can give out around 1k 5* shards.

Again. Explain to me how this is different than people placing 2*s in a war with another alliance? I haven't been given any rebuttal on this.

How would it be different than people not placing a defense and collecting rewards? Or a joke defense?

During offseason, you can literally do nothing in war, collect the loser rewards and not tie up any champs without repercussions.

So. Please tell me how getting loser rewards from fighting your own defense is different? @Neotwism
    For one, it's harder to get a whole alliance to agree than 1 person. The majority of offseason wars I've been a part of still participate. It's difficult to prevent an alliance tanking. It would be impossible to prevent every player from not abusing the system to collect free rewards. Your idea does the opposite of preventing tanking. You want every player to be able to do it on there own with no consequences. Nothing stops alliances from losing even during the season. Some alliances just do war to collect the rewards no matter what. Your plan is basically if u can't beat them join them. I can't agree with that philosophy.