**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

MAP 7 ACID WASH HULKBUSTER

13»

Comments

• Nkrzykwa1Nkrzykwa1 Posts: 90

This is not an acceptable stance or solution. @Kabam Miike possibly gather intel from you ccp program and promote strategies on how to beat the fight with every epic? Offer us other solutions other than just an apology and saying we have to deal with it for another 5 days. Feelings will just snowball as the week rolls on and the items stack up. “Compensation” must be impossible to calculate fairly without overdoing it, good luck getting this right.

I mean, you could just use Abom and solo it like @WHOz_R4GE ....

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Nkrzykwa1 said:

This is not an acceptable stance or solution. @Kabam Miike possibly gather intel from you ccp program and promote strategies on how to beat the fight with every epic? Offer us other solutions other than just an apology and saying we have to deal with it for another 5 days. Feelings will just snowball as the week rolls on and the items stack up. “Compensation” must be impossible to calculate fairly without overdoing it, good luck getting this right.

Day 1, suicides and he had only 10% left. So surely he will not be able to solo u boosted on Day 4-5 as per that stat?
  • Nkrzykwa1Nkrzykwa1 Posts: 90

Nkrzykwa1 said:

Day 1, suicides and he had only 10% left. So surely he will not be able to solo u boosted on Day 4-5 as per that stat?
    I’m sure he can pop a 40% xp boost for those days and be just fine
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★

Can you at least remove the -40 mystic percentage?

Ummm no please. I like the science +40%.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Nkrzykwa1 said:

Nkrzykwa1 said:

I’m sure he can pop a 40% xp boost for those days and be just fine
    Also have to take into account people running the lane having the synergy and the champ itself. So it's not as easy as one would think.
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 287 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    I have the agree. The "deal with it" approach for this week of AQ is unacceptable.

Add in EPIC Modifiers we run (yes we can handle it) and you're making it impossible without lots of items on Days 4/5.

How is this acceptable? I'm dumbfounded how Kabam, as a company, is OK with this happening a second time and 3 mess ups with AQ over the past 1.5 months.

We kind of deserve to know a bit more and I'm sorry you're the messenger @Kabam Miike, so we are asking you to take all the negatives back to the developers and please represent us, the players and paying customers.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    This Hulkbuster is going to get jacked up over the week, and applying -40% mystic node to it is just cycnical. @Kabam Miike can you please confirm this global node will be adjusted? You should apply a mystic boost instead, to assist with HB takedowns.

Alliances will be compensated. Those of us who have to actually do acid wash HB will get the same. It's a joke that this happened again.
    Is there no way to modify HB so he has 1 HP? Is this not a possible solution for this week?

We have seen hot fixes for content before when it is bugged to give the player a major benefit. I don’t believe that there is zero options, other than to carry on and burn resources dropping him all week.
    @Kabam Miike what about modifying the Acid Wash node this week so that instead of -90% attack it’s -10% attack unless a poison is active. This would allow us to get around the node and HB with many counter.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    He is still there. I couldn't believe it either. Surely it cant be that hard to have the correct champs in the map?

That path can be a pain. So few champs can take it.

It would be really useful to have an announcement in game when this happens so players know.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Also , I fight Acid wash HB with my manthing, but I noticed that it doesn't always nullify my pustile buffs on him, usally 2 out of the 3 or 1 out of the 3 buffs get nullified. Is there something on the Node that's keeping my buffs from being nullified?
    , because when I duel him one-on-one there is no problem
  • SteveskiSteveski Posts: 11
    So we are getting refunded every item used from this AQ right? That was 5 revives wasted on 1 fight against HulkBuster. The shock damage is INSANE
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Any updates on the compensation for playing the incorrect map layout for a week?
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 287 ★★★
    Steveski said:

So we are getting refunded every item used from this AQ right? That was 5 revives wasted on 1 fight against HulkBuster. The shock damage is INSANE

This would be a good start to Compensation.
  • PurpleIsPimpinPurpleIsPimpin Posts: 48
    It will be like the other time. We suffer with a bugged lane, then everyone gets the same comp. Non acid wash people are pumped cause its free items for them, while acid wash people are in a giant item deficit. Honestly the bugged acid wash scenario makes me want to quit, there is 0 reason for this happening
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    This is beyond the pale. I have used so many revives. Three people in our alliance (the ones running this path) have been screwed over, and i doubt we will ever get these back. Its just a big kick in the teeth... over and over again.

My thanks for at least acknowledging the situation, but waiting so many days for this to be communicated still isn't the type of communication i would have hoped for.

I realise these problems are very complex, but what i keep hearing from kabam is we will be better at proofing our content before we release it, but the same old issues keep occuring for months. This either means there are some incompetent employees who keep making these errors or that management is not giving the time and resources to properly check for bugs. Which ever is the case it is deeply worrying.

The videos i have seen by dorky dave interviewing kabam employees, both formerly and informerly, show enthusiastic people who care greatly about the product and who have and want to design great content for players to enjoy.

I understand that it is painstaking to go through this stuff individually and is not cost effective. Giving all map 7 players compensation will please 27/30 people in the alliance and you realise that the 3/30 players in map 7 who are upset by this will be in a minority and thus can be ignored as they will have little impact on profit or perception of the brand.

I implore kabam to develop a fairer and more comprehensive policy with rewarding players who are spending real money to make up for these gross oversights.
    Now that AQ is over, can we have some update? This looks like it is trying to be swept away
    I would like an update on compensation as well. That was explicitly stated would happen and Hulkbuster made map 7 much harder this week with more items.
  • TonyViegas1990TonyViegas1990 Posts: 64

Hey all,

Unfortunately, we can't fix this for this series of Alliance Quests. We looked at a lot of different options, but there is no clean way to fix this issue. Cancelling AQ (like we did last time) is not possible, because that created a series of issues that locked Players Champions away, as well as back end problems that made starting the next AQ also a huge mess. We're going to work on improving those tools in case of emergency, but do not have them ready yet.

We know that these last weeks of Alliance Quests have been kind of a mess, and we're not happy with them either. We're taking a number of steps to ensure that we are minimizing (hopefully, completely eliminating!) these kinds of issues, including more rigorous checks along the entire testing pipeline. We've already been able to identify where these mistakes were being made, and why and have fixed that first gap.

Of course, there will be compensation for Alliances that are facing this issue. We'll work to get it together, and out to you all as soon as we can.

Dont forget The compensation about that..
    Thank you
  • kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★

Hey all,

Unfortunately, we can't fix this for this series of Alliance Quests. We looked at a lot of different options, but there is no clean way to fix this issue. Cancelling AQ (like we did last time) is not possible, because that created a series of issues that locked Players Champions away, as well as back end problems that made starting the next AQ also a huge mess. We're going to work on improving those tools in case of emergency, but do not have them ready yet.

We know that these last weeks of Alliance Quests have been kind of a mess, and we're not happy with them either. We're taking a number of steps to ensure that we are minimizing (hopefully, completely eliminating!) these kinds of issues, including more rigorous checks along the entire testing pipeline. We've already been able to identify where these mistakes were being made, and why and have fixed that first gap.

Of course, there will be compensation for Alliances that are facing this issue. We'll work to get it together, and out to you all as soon as we can.

Dont forget The compensation about that..
    Thank you
    Yes I was just coming to inquire about this. @Kabam Miike Do we have any insight as to when we should expect compensation for this series?
    I think its clear at this point compensation is not coming. This is exactly what the player base complains about. We have to cry about it for Kabam to listen to anything. We can't just expect you to hold your word and give the compensation that was promised. Smh

Fixing show up difficulty is more of a priority. Its laughable. Rip all my glory and loyalty, their response is laughable
    Not that it matters, but that compensation is a slap on the face to anyone that ran acid wash. We used that many items each day, dropping the ball big time. Everytime yall take a step forward, there is something like this that is 2 steps back
    Thanks for the compensation. Definitely better than nothing for sure.
  • DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    I just want to say that i spent all my items AND all my units to progress during these days on acid wash and this compensation feels like a slap in the face