**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam, as a developers, are you satisfied with your product in Android devices?

SteelManSteelMan Posts: 172 ★★
edited August 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
If not, please prioritize fixing the mountains of bugs that in the Android thread that have been ignored for far so long, if you can't, then hire people that can.
Thank you
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    To be objective, which Android device are you on?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    SteelMan said:

Does it even matter? there are wide spectrum of bugs ever since 27.5 was introduced, you can check the Android forum post to see them for yourself, and how they ignore everything in there
    (Redmi Note 8 Pro)

lots of android users are not experiencing issues, so yes it matters.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    SteelMan said:

Does it even matter? there are wide spectrum of bugs ever since 27.5 was introduced, you can check the Android forum post to see them for yourself, and how they ignore everything in there
    (Redmi Note 8 Pro)

There's an even wider spectrum of Android devices. I have an LG V60. Ever since I started using LG, I've never had the lag issues or anything else people say are Android issues. Plus its way harder to narrow down Android bugs than iOS.
    SteelMan said:

(Redmi Note 8 Pro)

you are also using a low end phone with very low benchmarks (6100 out of top 12100) You cannot expect the game to run at the same level for every device.
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Lormif said:

SteelMan said:

(Redmi Note 8 Pro)

And how do you know that 'throne-breaker'?
    Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

SteelMan said:

(Redmi Note 8 Pro)

from being on the forums, and seeing people like demonfyre, and seeing my brother play on his Samsung s20+ ultra
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I think there are simply way too many smartphones that use different type of android software. Hence the reason why it’s hard to narrow it and make the game smooth as possible.

Take my iPhone 6 for example. An very old and outdated apple device, but still do ok in arenas and AQ. Why? I think it’s because IOS is one type of its own hardware making the game more easily smooth and optimized as possible.
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

SteelMan said:

(Redmi Note 8 Pro)

from being on the forums, and seeing people like demonfyre, and seeing my brother play on his Samsung s20+ ultra
    You really don't deserve anymore of my time
    Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

SteelMan said:

(Redmi Note 8 Pro)

You really don't deserve anymore of my time
    ohhhh burrrn, oh, never mind...
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

SteelMan said:

(Redmi Note 8 Pro)

I am not facing any, hence my question to OP.

I am on AndroidOne Xiaomi.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    the biggest problem is that android is way too big. It includes $50 walmart phones and $2000 Samsungs. It is impossible to optimize the game for both on one version.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Daddrieda said:

I think there are simply way too many smartphones that use different type of android software. Hence the reason why it’s hard to narrow it and make the game smooth as possible.

Take my iPhone 6 for example. An very old and outdated apple device, but still do ok in arenas and AQ. Why? I think it’s because IOS is one type of its own hardware making the game more easily smooth and optimized as possible.

Exactly this. The evidence is all over, not just with this game. It's a very tried and true story. Apple is way easier to program for since it's operating system is limited to just apples hardware.

Android on the other had has dozens of active OS's ranging from 4.X.X to 10x+ now. There's also 100's and 100's of different Android device to plan for with every single one of them having different hardware that can affect all types of different things. Lower end affordable phones dominate the market so that's why we see so many "issues" with Android comparable to apple.

Apple has just about a 18+ devices that Apple still supports.They are easier to fix issues on because just about everything apple is the same.

Ask any game developer for PC's as well. Windows vs Apple on computers is identical to what we experience with phones.
This discussion has been closed.