**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    As someone who still takes 4 stars to rank 3, I like this event not in terms of rewards, but in terms of how you can try out different synergies to overcome limitations. I already posted the nick fury one that many people don't use with Medusa. I am also trying out caiw and cosmic one. Armor break seems too short, so any help in that would be good. I tried doom with mrf, not an easy fight since you need to do heavy attack consistently. If the coldsnap was not there, this is an easy cheese with ronan.lol. I am going to try some Champs like havok and bishop who have huge energy resistance to see what they can do. Let's see..will try to post after trying.😀
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    can someone shut down this thread, please?
  • Lpirnie5321Lpirnie5321 Posts: 113
    I’d imagine the past tournaments were no different than this, aside from being limited to select participants. Show Up is there to allow everyone to try and see what they can do.

We made it a contest in our alliance to see who can take the most health off Silver Surfer. Winner gets a GGC in this year’s gifting event. Stop complaining and have some fun with it.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

WhatElse said:

Guys, this is not a freebie. It's a tournament to test your skills. The fight is pretty much the same as the official showdown.
    As @will-o-wisp said, it's a matter of skill / roster.
    There are plenty of events (boss rush, variant 5, EQ, side quest) for you to gather resources.
    I can't wait to see people complaining about Summer of Pain soon.

This isn't a tournament though. This is show up difficulty. There are no leader boards or anything like that.
    Not really though.
    The tournament is the exact same fight. They just gave everybody a chance to try that fight with better odds (5-team)
    You can’t disconnect the two.
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    JUST GET RID OF THAT STUPID COLDSNAP AND THE FIGHT WILL BE EASY.

The healthpool doesn't matter, what matters is the coldsnap on contact and you need to bring an armour break champ or coldsnap immune champ which narrows the fight down to a select few champs like medusa, colossus and so on. If this node is removed, we can basically bring in any 4* champ to deal with his health pool, and less people will be complaining about there only being a few counters...!!!
  • Stu198311Stu198311 Posts: 76
    Absolute joke, you can only use from what I have seen, 2 specific champions to even get close to defeating silver surfer and they are colossus and madusa, not everyone has these champions as a 4*, Pathetic.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Fellow players, a little help. The node inflicts coldsnap on contact. When I fired bishop sp2, I got 3 coldsnap on me from the energy attacks. Is the interaction correct?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    coldsnap would have been fine, if they allowed us temporary dev build for this. Its just not worth it to rank up 4*s. Either that, or allow 5*s. I have a 5* R3 medusa. Equivalent to a 5/50. Would love to use her.
  • I asked this in the past too, whether the difficulties will be the same. Now come on, showdown scores are measured by many factors which show that the boss isn't meant to die. For show up, you have to complete the fight to even get the rewards, which for that difficulty and restriction, are absolutely not worth it. Atleast allow the entire roster for the fun difficulty. Never imagined I'll feel bad for having a 5* torch and Colossus but not the 4*

the showdown boss was not meant to not die. The had factors in place if no one killed him, but many people have solo and beat the showdown version
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Kabam, what made you think that 1.4 million health would be a fun fight? You already have your showdown difficulty! Why in the world is show up such a cash grab??

It's hardly a cash grab. I do think the 1.4 million is overkill but its not like it costs any energy to do.
    Holy smokes like you want to get bombarded with dislikes, some people will defend any garbage that comes out of kabams backside
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★

I honestly don't see what the issue is. The initial post even said it would be like the showdown with a little bit of a difference but that it would still be similar to it. This is designed exactly how it was said and is a good way to even practice for the showdown id you are wanting to take a crack at it.

Pray tell, why exactly would you need the show up difficulty as practice for showdown difficulty when you can just jump into showdown with your, oh I don’t know, unlimited amount of attempts? Just a thought
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Oh come on, if the kabam make the reward too big, i bet everyone gonna force themself spent lots of revive just finish this and still complain this is bs whatever
    Just think that showdown main thing is the fight itself, the reward just an addiction to feel better, they make it less because when you skip it you won't regret too much
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Kabam, what made you think that 1.4 million health would be a fun fight? You already have your showdown difficulty! Why in the world is show up such a cash grab??

It's hardly a cash grab. I do think the 1.4 million is overkill but its not like it costs any energy to do.
    Holy smokes like you want to get bombarded with dislikes, some people will defend any garbage that comes out of kabams backside
    And some players will defend any garbage that comes out of some players mouths, just to participate in a popularity contest.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

And some players will defend any garbage that comes out of some players mouths, just to participate in a popularity contest.
    Dude you must be stupid if you think this event is fair. They made it out to be accessible to everyone. Turns out its a tough fight with terrible rewards
    Edit: you have 10k dislikes for a reason dude
    Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Dude you must be stupid if you think this event is fair. They made it out to be accessible to everyone. Turns out its a tough fight with terrible rewards
    Fair is a relative thing. What you consider fair, someone else will not. They have entire classes on college that cover this.

Yes, I do, I think for myself and defend my statements. Typically my statements are against the mob mentality so I get dislikes from the mob, it goes towards that whole I dont play popularity contensts.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Fair is a relative thing. What you consider fair, someone else will not. They have entire classes on college that cover this.

Yes, I do, I think for myself and defend my statements. Typically my statements are against the mob mentality so I get dislikes from the mob, it goes towards that whole I dont play popularity contensts.
    You treat it like a popularity contest...others would just apologize and move on. Regardless if they are right or wrong, yet here you are trying to “defend” your point of view. When no one cares to hear it 😂😂
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Kabam: Drops Ebony Maw with 6 mil health, 10 nodes, 3 star restriction and bans science champions from being used against him with a 4 star crystal as a reward
    This dude: "Best event ever"
    Gosh, Ebony Maw is already a powerful champion on it's own. Adding any node on him would just make him insane.
    But is not a bad idea for the future. Maybe on act 7 or on the monthly cavalier difficulty
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

Tiger360 said:

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Kabam: Drops Ebony Maw with 6 mil health, 10 nodes, 3 star restriction and bans science champions from being used against him with a 4 star crystal as a reward
    This dude: "Best event ever"
    Gosh, Ebony Maw is already a powerful champion on it's own. Adding any node on him would just make him insane.
    But is not a bad idea for the future. Maybe on act 7 or on the monthly cavalier difficulty
    Instead of stacked herald Doom boss, give us a stacked Ebony Maw boss.

only counter is Abomination
    Jaded said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

You treat it like a popularity contest...others would just apologize and move on. Regardless if they are right or wrong, yet here you are trying to “defend” your point of view. When no one cares to hear it 😂😂
    I, infact do the opposite. And why would I apologize? I done anything to apologize for. I didnt know having a countering belief was a reason to apologize.... You are correct, no one cares to hear they are too busy with irrational hatred.