**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

Comments

• Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

Lormif said:

Tiger360 said:

ItsDamien said:

Kabam, what made you think that 1.4 million health would be a fun fight? You already have your showdown difficulty! Why in the world is show up such a cash grab??

It's hardly a cash grab. I do think the 1.4 million is overkill but its not like it costs any energy to do.
    Holy smokes like you want to get bombarded with dislikes, some people will defend any garbage that comes out of kabams backside
    And some players will defend any garbage that comes out of some players mouths, just to participate in a popularity contest.
    Dude you must be stupid if you think this event is fair. They made it out to be accessible to everyone. Turns out its a tough fight with terrible rewards
    Edit: you have 10k dislikes for a reason dude
    Fair is a relative thing. What you consider fair, someone else will not. They have entire classes on college that cover this.

Yes, I do, I think for myself and defend my statements. Typically my statements are against the mob mentality so I get dislikes from the mob, it goes towards that whole I dont play popularity contensts.
    You treat it like a popularity contest...others would just apologize and move on. Regardless if they are right or wrong, yet here you are trying to “defend” your point of view. When no one cares to hear it 😂😂
    exactly
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Tiger360 said:

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Kabam: Drops Ebony Maw with 6 mil health, 10 nodes, 3 star restriction and bans science champions from being used against him with a 4 star crystal as a reward
    This dude: "Best event ever"
    Gosh, Ebony Maw is already a powerful champion on it's own. Adding any node on him would just make him insane.
    But is not a bad idea for the future. Maybe on act 7 or on the monthly cavalier difficulty
    PLS PLS PLS tell me ur joking!!!Im abt to be cav and i dont want to do that kind of fight ever

He’s being serious, can’t you tell?

yes, of course he’s joking
  • Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Just some ideas. Don't make them as easier as this silver surfer was

Also add aggressive regen and unstoppable buff for more fun :-)

And how about a node where if the defender even touches you (blocked hits count too) you instantly die. What say @will-o-wisp? Also maybe pair defensive with a special node where the opponent is inflicted with a passive degen if they don't land a hit every 2 seconds?
    Someone at the kabam offices: write that down! write that down!
    Already done mate. :)
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

You might think this is fair @Lormif but wait till cmm comes. I bet she will hv way more bs nodes. Maybe then you will change your mind. She will definitely hv some kind of degen if she takes energy dmg

Even if I cannot do the content myself that does not make the content unfair. I do not treat content in a game based on fair dependent on if I am personally able to achieve the prize, because I dont think every prize should be easily attainable by all. And that is probably the largest difference between me and the masses here on the forums complaining about this. My own personal biases do not dictate what I think is fair.
  • Options

I asked this in the past too, whether the difficulties will be the same. Now come on, showdown scores are measured by many factors which show that the boss isn't meant to die. For show up, you have to complete the fight to even get the rewards, which for that difficulty and restriction, are absolutely not worth it. Atleast allow the entire roster for the fun difficulty. Never imagined I'll feel bad for having a 5* torch and Colossus but not the 4*

the showdown boss was not meant to not die. The had factors in place if no one killed him, but many people have solo and beat the showdown version
    Yeah my bad on that one. I'll conveniently blame that one on lack of sleep
  • Options

Faseeh said:

Tiger360 said:

If you don't have the roster or skills to do it, then it's not for you

Kabam: Drops Ebony Maw with 6 mil health, 10 nodes, 3 star restriction and bans science champions from being used against him with a 4 star crystal as a reward
    This dude: "Best event ever"
    Gosh, Ebony Maw is already a powerful champion on it's own. Adding any node on him would just make him insane.
    But is not a bad idea for the future. Maybe on act 7 or on the monthly cavalier difficulty
    PLS PLS PLS tell me ur joking!!!Im abt to be cav and i dont want to do that kind of fight ever

He’s being serious, can’t you tell?

yes, of course he’s joking
    I'd not assume that tbh.. ;)
  • Options
    Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★

Hey all,

This is correct. This is a participation event for that want to be a part of the Summoner Showdown, but don't feel comfortable competing in the Showdown qualifiers. It's a taste of what our Competitors are facing and is not meant to be easy.

It is still meant to be a challenge and a test of skill.

With those rewards? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I mean come on guys, this isn’t as much skill based as it is roster based. And with act 6 restricting four stars why would I bother with ranking up any new 4 stars I get? Why would I waste the gold (which is already sparse) for this one challenge and not be able to use them or have them be feasible in any endgame content like Act 6 exploration or variant completion or exploration or even the upper difficulties of event quests?
  • Options
    OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★

coldsnap would have been fine, if they allowed us temporary dev build for this. Its just not worth it to rank up 4*s. Either that, or allow 5*s. I have a 5* R3 medusa. Equivalent to a 5/50. Would love to use her.

This I can partially agree with.
    I believe last year they gave you an account with all 4* maxed or something like that?
    If they gave us that chance that would be awesome.

And I say partially because you don’t NEED a R5. It is doable with R4.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Maybe someone has said this already, but it's a lot bickering to wade through just to find out, so I'll risk a redundant post.

My biggest issue with the Show Up difficulty is the choice to limit this to 4* champs. This would be vastly more enjoyable if we were able to use exclusively 3* champs. Scale the health/attack down so the challenge still feels the same relative to the fight's current state, but 3* champs are far more accessible than 4* champs and don't require nearly as many 2020-relevant resources to rank up.

As-is, I have finished all content in the game but only have 10 or so 5/50 4* champs...only 2 of which are viable for this Silver Surfer matchup. Conversely, I have 150+ 3* champs at 4/40.

The challenge is restrictive, requiring a champ who can either deal with Cold Snap or one who can inflict armor break easily. If it's that restrictive, giving summoners a wider pool to draw from would make the challenge much more accessible, which I thought was the point of "Show Up" difficulty.

I equate the Show Up difficulty to the Qualifier round at the live events at NYCC. In these events, players have access to every champ at the same rank, rarity, and sig level and the only goal is to defeat the enemy. Once you finish the qualifier, then you get to go to the next stage (in this analogy, the Show Down difficulty) where in order to be competitive, there is likely a single champ you'll need to use in order to be victorious.

This Show Up difficulty just feels far too restrictive. I got it done. I'll keep trying for the solo with my more unconventional options. I just feel for those who were looking forward to this event and are disappointed due to the restrictive nature of the event, so I wanted to share my feedback.
  • Options

Maybe someone has said this already, but it's a lot bickering to wade through just to find out, so I'll risk a redundant post.

My biggest issue with the Show Up difficulty is the choice to limit this to 4* champs. This would be vastly more enjoyable if we were able to use exclusively 3* champs. Scale the health/attack down so the challenge still feels the same relative to the fight's current state, but 3* champs are far more accessible than 4* champs and don't require nearly as many 2020-relevant resources to rank up.

As-is, I have finished all content in the game but only have 10 or so 5/50 4* champs...only 2 of which are viable for this Silver Surfer matchup. Conversely, I have 150+ 3* champs at 4/40.

The challenge is restrictive, requiring a champ who can either deal with Cold Snap or one who can inflict armor break easily. If it's that restrictive, giving summoners a wider pool to draw from would make the challenge much more accessible, which I thought was the point of "Show Up" difficulty.

I equate the Show Up difficulty to the Qualifier round at the live events at NYCC. In these events, players have access to every champ at the same rank, rarity, and sig level and the only goal is to defeat the enemy. Once you finish the qualifier, then you get to go to the next stage (in this analogy, the Show Down difficulty) where in order to be competitive, there is likely a single champ you'll need to use in order to be victorious.

This Show Up difficulty just feels far too restrictive. I got it done. I'll keep trying for the solo with my more unconventional options. I just feel for those who were looking forward to this event and are disappointed due to the restrictive nature of the event, so I wanted to share my feedback.

It has been brought up, and it has merit. The issue with that is there becomes a point where it inversely affects the population. Chip damage becomes more of a concern the lower you go. Also because of the smaller health pools you are require even greater perfection in gameplay.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Onmix said:

coldsnap would have been fine, if they allowed us temporary dev build for this. Its just not worth it to rank up 4*s. Either that, or allow 5*s. I have a 5* R3 medusa. Equivalent to a 5/50. Would love to use her.

I believe last year they gave you an account with all 4* maxed or something like that?
    When was that?
    Yeah don’t quote me on that lol that’s why it was a question.

When the participants went in for every week last year, did they play on their own phones with their own champs ?
    Seemed on the stream that they had every champ as 4* maxed.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Onmix said:

Haji_Saab said:

Onmix said:

When was that?
    Yeah don’t quote me on that lol that’s why it was a question.

When the participants went in for every week last year, did they play on their own phones with their own champs ?
    Seemed on the stream that they had every champ as 4* maxed.
    Oh, that was really limited to a handful of players. It would be something like a CCP beta server.
    Yeah that’s what I was referring too.
    I get that maybe it’s not possible to implement that.
    But it certainly would’ve made it better for everybody and would level the playing field.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

So, for the next week bosses, can we make them a little bit harder and challenging?

Like, make Captain Marvel immune to the damage back from mystic champions. And IW IM should have some healing abilities, so that we need to outdamage it.

Obviously you have some of the few champion that actually work. Some people don’t have the luxury of having those champions ranked up.

Like you said, you could remove rewards, but that would just be kinda pointless. Just proving to yourself that you can do it. I know I can do it, but there is no way in hell im taking up a 4* to r4 or 5 just for the purpose of making myself feel better for to get a single 5*.
  • Options

Yea Ive solod with a few champs dusa, torch, colossus, thor.
    Some people simply cant accept the fact that it is too hard for them and arent skilled enough to do it. Most people want this game to be a walk in the park and need their hand to be held through content. I would prefer a game that involves skill rather than all easy content.

I do wish that all masteries would be the same and we had accessibility to all champs.

Some people don’t have champions ranked up that are actual counters, so they are screwed over.
  • Options

Obviously you have some of the few champion that actually work. Some people don’t have the luxury of having those champions ranked up.

Like you said, you could remove rewards, but that would just be kinda pointless. Just proving to yourself that you can do it. I know I can do it, but there is no way in hell im taking up a 4* to r4 or 5 just for the purpose of making myself feel better for to get a single 5*.
    we have known for like a month it would require 4*s, not having 4* mats sitting around waiting to be used is not much of an excuse in my opinion.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

TyEdge said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

Whaaaat said:

Lormif said:

DannyB01 said:

I really hate this event. I think it's BS to make it such a niche load of nodes that you have to rank up 4* champs just to do it. Really shouldn't be that way at all. I'm in a position where I'm getting T2a and T5b so quickly, I really can't justify R5 4* Medusa or Colossus because the T4b need to be going to 5*s.

Kabam should have given us more 4* rank-up gems so we can actually enjoy the content without spending a load of resources. As this didn't happen, it's fair to say the rewards really aren't good enough.

Better still, we should have been given access to all champs so we can really experiment with different strategies, much more like in a competition. A level playing field makes for fair competition, so why wasn't that the case? This event had a lot of potential but the delivery was horrible.

opening it up to all champions does not create a level playing field, in actually creates the most uneven playing field. Everyone should have a large roster of 4*s, and limiting to lower * levels allows it for people who have the widest base in possible champions. With the new auto fights getting level up mats for 4*s is pretty simple.
    So you get T4B and T1A from autofighting?
    Do you even play this game?
    t4A yes, why yes you do.. And t1a is easy to get. Do you even play this game? I am a throne breaker, how about yourself?
    Oh, you are throne-breaker.
    But please tell me, where I can find T4A mister 'throne-breaker'?

And in how many days of auto fighting will get you get 1TB?
    As far as the T1A, I prefer to use them on 5* champs
    it was quite clearly a typo, that the forum ate when I attempted to correct, it was t4bc as you asked about.

And what you prefer to use them on what not the argument you made. If you dont want to do it then dont, this month has lots of content, giving out around 5 5*s and no one is making you do this one.
    “If yOu dOnT wAnT tO dO iT tHeN dOnT”

Please. They could have created the *exact* same difficulty and significantly increased accessibility by making it 3-stars only and reducing HP to 40% of present value.

The outrage comes from a few places - 1) one of the ideal counters was garbage when 4-stars mattered and wasn’t buffed until later, 2) the cost is an entry barrier that is unpalatable for many summoners, 3) the reward is tantamount to bragging rights only, and 4) this was completely and totally avoidable if a modicum of thought was put into it.
    And those people would still be complaining. Why because what you are stating the outrage is, is not the actual outrage people have been stating.

The outrage has been
    1) how dare they require me to rank up things outside of 5&6 stars, because act 6 allows nothing lower.
    2) how dare they make such a long fight.
    3) how dare they make something challenging that not everyone can do easily without revives.

This is not avoidable, because this is how the community reacts to anything that is a challenge to the base, they feel they deserve to be able to do anything, and without much of a challenge.
    Referring to number one, why would you rank a four star if you’re not doing the show down? The rewards suck, and the fight isn’t even fun, I mean he isn’t super hard, but I’m not going to take up a 4* that I will never use again just for some lousy rewards. Plus if I wanted to burn revives, I would do more abyss. Not this garbage event.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

It has been brought up, and it has merit. The issue with that is there becomes a point where it inversely affects the population. Chip damage becomes more of a concern the lower you go. Also because of the smaller health pools you are require even greater perfection in gameplay.
    That's what I was addressing when I said "Scale the health/attack down" portion. If you want to make it so a champ with a certain block proficiency will take X% of their total health as damage on a parry, the fight can be tuned for that. The difficulty doesn't have to be changed at all if the stats are scaled properly and doing so would open up accessibility to vastly more summoners.

And besides...shouldn't we be expecting "greater perfection in gameplay" in a contest like this?
  • Options

Lormif said:

That's what I was addressing when I said "Scale the health/attack down" portion. If you want to make it so a champ with a certain block proficiency will take X% of their total health as damage on a parry, the fight can be tuned for that. The difficulty doesn't have to be changed at all if the stats are scaled properly and doing so would open up accessibility to vastly more summoners.

And besides...shouldn't we be expecting "greater perfection in gameplay" in a contest like this?
    I am fine with that, but that is not what the major issues stated have been. It is mostly about not using revives, not having access to cold snap immune, which going to 3*s would push closer to a requirement, and the length of the fight.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I am fine with that, but that is not what the major issues stated have been. It is mostly about not using revives, not having access to cold snap immune, which going to 3*s would push closer to a requirement, and the length of the fight.
    I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying, so I'll step away. Good day.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

we have known for like a month it would require 4*s, not having 4* mats sitting around waiting to be used is not much of an excuse in my opinion.
    They didn’t tell us that it would have to be a specific 4*. I have the needed ones, but I’m not ranking them for virtually no rewards.
  • Options

Lormif said:

They didn’t tell us that it would have to be a specific 4*. I have the needed ones, but I’m not ranking them for virtually no rewards.
    It is not a specific 4*..... There is a large list of potential candidates.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    They’ve designed an incredibly challenging piece of content and structured an entry barrier that means most summoners will have “less” than when they started, if they complete it. That’s a bad job.

It’s not about having the materials or not. The niche counters make it likely that more summoners would need to make decisions solely for this content, and the rewards aren’t remotely worth that.

Someone suggested a dev build. Perfect solution. Don’t make most of your player base spend 750,000 gold and a bunch of iso, gems, and catalysts to win 500,000 gold and a pittance of shards.