Options

Suicides and masteries in the summoner showdown

RazorDevilRazorDevil Posts: 956 ★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
I’m not rocking suicides and I don’t plan on getting them for this challenge. I wish this event was fair and allowed all players to start on even ground, removing all masteires except for parry and dex. But to my surprise it isn’t. I can confidently say I am very skilled at this game, but even so there is no way I can solo the goddamn Surfer with Medusa like you see in the videos suicide people posted. I just can’t. I tried the sp2 method and tomorrow I’ll try the sp3 method to see if the results are more promising (tried it today aswell, but the crit rng was so bad I couldn’t refresh the armor shatter, so I gave up because it’s late).
If @Kabam Miike wants to clarify some things for me, I’ll gladly listen, but right now I consider the conditions not to be fair.

Also, so I don’t look like a complete a*sh*le, these are some proof to back up my confidence in saying I’m very skilled.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Are you perfect at intercepts?
  • Options
    my point was not damage wise, but that removing masteries would limit you down to only intercepts.
  • Options

Lormif said:

my point was not damage wise, but that removing masteries would limit you down to only intercepts.

You’re talking about the non-existence of the willpower mastery. There would still be some rng in the fight then, because the coldsnap can really eat away at you if it lands when you’re allpying armor break. But still, the 60% damage increase from suicides is too big for kabam to ignore. The fight gets shorter, I saw that guy who soloed surfer dis it in 400 hits. It took me 630 to get less than 1 million off him.
    And to actually answer your question, yea, I’d be down for just intercepts if everybody had to do it that way.
    no, the parry mastery. And it would require more skill, not arguing, just pointing out.
  • Options

Well I did specify parry and dex should be allowed. Those are pretty stas. Although I don’t think using parry would help your score.

my apologies, I missed that. But it is hard to argue leaving in some masteries and not allowing them all.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Suicides and Masteries are fair game. Every single person who is eligible for the Showdown has had enough opportunity to gain the units and cores to do so, just as much as choosing to rank up certain champs is fair game.

Well then I guess it’s not about who’s the best. It’s about who’s got all the right champs and all the right masteries. I’m confident I could easily take Surfer out with suicides, but I won’t. I just don’t use suicides. I didn’t need them for the entirety of act 6, I won’t need them now. Let them win. My respect goes to anyone who beats my hit count without suicides and without getting hit. A pretty hard thing to do I’d say, considering the fact that I only lost cause I timed out hehe.
    The best choose the best options to win. This isn't limited to video games either. Any competitive sport chooses the absolute best they can, and those who pick the best options more often than not come out on top. Sometimes they don't, and that may be the case here, but overall, that's how things work.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Hey as I said before, let me see the one that gets 630 hits in with 0 hits taken. He shall have my respect. There’s a difference between the best and the best equipped. Thank God I even had Medusa ranked up. She’s one of the four r5 4*s I have.

I'm sure there's plenty of people who will manage to do it, in less hits with suicides, without taking a hit. The way you phrased it sounds like you think that because someone is better equipped, isn't also going to be the best.

I dunno, you had an option to get suicide masteries whenever you wanted, even if you weren't planning on using them all the time. Better to have something and not need it, than need it and not have it.
  • Options
    KeremKerem Posts: 140
    edited August 2020
    Hey RazorDevil,

I was gonna post those screenshots in your other discussion but it has been closed by Zibiit !!

So, first I would say mastery setup is giving us better chance to complete the contests and that’s one of the best part in the game. I’m not really sure why it’s wrong for you to run with suicide mastery setup in this contest !! I don’t think it makes huge difference if you are a really skilled player.

Honestly, I’m sure you have some skill but even if you have you should be little bit more humble and make that decision from other people!! We all should respect the other summoners who are spending a lot of time and effort even if they can’t get success !!

I hope you will do better than I’ve done. Because it’s more fun that way.

First two ss are without suicide and others with the suicide. Also I’m sharing the YouTube link that you can watch whole fight when I was running with suicide. Without suicide time is not really important that’s why I didn’t want to spend time to upload but if you would like to see, I can upload it for you.

https://youtu.be/xRdbWdnjKY8

I wish you good luck in the contest and no matter what make sure you have fun..

• Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 794 ★★★
    Just unlock them my friend. With a 743,544 account it is well past time.

If you don’t see the value in the unit cost, just reference your post above for motivation.
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Wow you must be the best Summoner on the entire planet.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    So I’m not sure if anyone pointed this out but Medusa’s armor breaks and armor shatter are not based on crits... her bleeds while armor shatter are. Before posting stuff like that you should do your research, and be humble bruh. Most people will genuinely feel for you when you are humble. Just a quick tidbit on girlfriend Medusa:

Armor breaks apply when you use mediums OR her special 1.

Armor shatter applies when you land a 6th armor break.

Permanent bleeds land during crits

Special 2 will land a stronger more potent bleed (which stacks heavily) this will drop off after a some seconds.

Special 3 armor shatters after animation. This will also keep your permanent bleeds and allow you to stack more. If you have an armor shatter already stacked it will give you a second one until the first one falls off. Also that’s the way to win this fight. Use special 3 so the bleeds don’t fall off. I managed to get 30+ bleeds on him at one point then my armor shatter fell off (he was being passive ;( )
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Maybe just buy suicides? Never know when you'll need them, not just this event. Then it's one less thing for you to complain about! I can't see anything physically stopping a player from unlocking masteries, pay or ftp. Just save your units.
  • Options
    Sneakyko said:

Kerem said:

Hey RazorDevil,

I was gonna post those screenshots in your other discussion but it has been closed by Zibiit !!

So, first I would say mastery setup is giving us better chance to complete the contests and that’s one of the best part in the game. I’m not really sure why it’s wrong for you to run with suicide mastery setup in this contest !! I don’t think it makes huge difference if you are a really skilled player.

Honestly, I’m sure you have some skill but even if you have you should be little bit more humble and make that decision from other people!! We all should respect the other summoners who are spending a lot of time and effort even if they can’t get success !!

First two ss are without suicide and others with the suicide. Also I’m sharing the YouTube link that you can watch whole fight when I was running with suicide. Without suicide time is not really important that’s why I didn’t want to spend time to upload but if you would like to see, I can upload it for you.

As in there’s already a minute and a half difference there doesn’t really matter how skilled you are you won’t qualify without suicides end of
    Problem is the topic creator made another topic in which he said it was impossible to beat without Suicides. It wasn't about qualifying. That's what the pictures are in response to.
  • Options

As in there’s already a minute and a half difference there doesn’t really matter how skilled you are you won’t qualify without suicides end of

Problem is the topic creator made another topic in which he said it was impossible to beat without Suicides. It wasn't about qualifying. That's what the pictures are in response to.

Yes that was all about it. He made me use some units but it’s all good. That was an another challenge for me so.
  • Options
    Sneakyko said:

Kerem said:

Hey RazorDevil,

I guess you missed some !! I already know that.. you should read it before you write tho..
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I agree that it was ridiculous of Kabam to ban boosts but allow suicides. What they should have done is give access to people who want to enter to a common arena like Content creator beta and level the playing field. I know people who could run circles around this contest but don't stand a chance simply because they don't like to run suicides. And to people saying that it was his own fault for not unlocking them, why would you waste units unlocking masteries that you don't even like and use? FTP need to grind for units and we are not BG living life in a game. I have saved up 8k units after July 4 and I won't bother to unlock masteries that I am not going to use.