**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Show Up Difficulty Feedback [Title Edited for Clarity]

1303132333436»

Comments

• DoomactusDoomactus Posts: 53
    I think the coldsnap buff must be removed as not everyone has coldsnap immune champs.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Doomactus said:

I think the coldsnap buff must be removed as not everyone has coldsnap immune champs.

That's just the point, not everyone will have all the champs. Medusa is not even a coldsnap immune champ and she is MVP here
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    Aayush19 said:

Thecurler said:

Pulyaman said:

Faseeh said:

Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

If the difficulty was left as-is, how many of those that completed it without revives/items/boosts would then go on to either beat the tourney version or at least get SS down below 30%? I’d say 99%. Which again, leaves the show up difficultly basically for the same group of players.

That's an incredibly weird statement to make for two reasons. First, Show Up was a lot easier to do itemless for the simple reason you could bring a team of five. That's more attackers you can throw at the fight and more synergy options to leverage. Second, the extra "or at least get SS down below 30%" seems completely random, like you were trying to stick in a disclaimer just for argument's sake. The tournament is for players trying to compete. It seems pretty clear from the leaderboards that to be at all competitive you have to be able to bring down Surfer all the way to zero, and to do so while not even getting hit at all. If you can't do that, you won't even show up on the leaderboards to know where you placed.

Showdown is for players who think they are, or can compete with, the best of the best. Showup is for players who think they can beat the challenge. In essence, Show Up is PvE content, Showdown is PvP content. Or to put it another way, Showup was something I could (and did) do. Showdown is probably outside my ability to be competitive at, even ignoring the fact that I'm ineligible. So I'm an exception to your assertion that Showdown and Showup were for an identical set of players, and I find it difficult to believe I'm alone.
    You have a reasonable argument that I made arbitrary assertions. However, you also made arbitrary assertions for who the show up difficulty was for. In your mind, show up was for those that were ineligible or really close. In many others’ minds, it was a challenge for the bulk of the player base. And pre-nerf, the bulk of the player base had no shot. Thus, the widespread complaints. People generally don’t complain about content they can complete and have completed. Most of the people here that are criticizing Kabam for changing the difficulty completed the challenge as presented.

Again, the issue here isn’t that Show Up was too hard. It’s that, as it was presented, most people assumed it would be fairly easy, say Uncollected level of difficulty. It’s perfectly fine if you or anyone else took it as a replica of the tournament. Fact remains, most did not. Many YouTubers, all who completed the challenge as is and most that have accounts loaded with champs and units, ranted about how absurd the difficulty was for the common player (which they thought was the target audience as well). Like I said before, had Kabam marketed this as a replica and warm up only for top players, then that would be fine. People would complain about not being included, but they really wouldn’t have had any leg to stand on. YouTubers wouldn’t have spread the rants like they did. Kabam could have even made it Cavalier only to further illustrate the point of it being difficult. But they did not. They instead made a mention about “any progression or level.”

And of course you aren’t alone. Odds are whatever opinion you have, someone else has the same one. We see it in this thread. But fact remains, your line of thinking is in the vast minority. YouTubers pushed this message to their thousands of subscribers. The bulk of this thread is for the nerf. This isn’t a “we want everything handed to us.” This is a “we thought we were getting X based on your description, we got Y.” The volume of feedback clarified that statement.

This will not set some precedent for the community strong arming Kabam into making everything easy mode. This will; however, force Kabam to provide more clarity in their release notes and set better expectations prior to new content being added. And that is not a bad thing by any means.

Ur absolutely right. We were mislead by the announcement we were first given which is why people were surprised and pissed when they saw 1.4 mil surfer. But all of you that think the pre nerfed version was better keep it to your self now. Kabam isnt gonna un-nerf it .Whats done is done. And all of you that want compensation start another discussion or find one that is related to it. Your comments are gonna get lost in this mountain of a discussion. This thread is for the feedback
    Why do we need to keep it to our self? Whiners certainly did not when the content was perfectly fine. Kabam keeps catering to the lowest denomination in the community which honestly ticks me off. We cannot seem to have any content released now without people complaining and Kabam nerfing them. No one was mislead, the announcement was perfectly clear if you know how to read. Apparently that is a skill many need to master. The icing on the cake is now people will want compensation which seems to be the default mode for every single thing happening to the game.
    Unfortunately it's the way of the world these days.
    Even the fat kid who runs the 100m in 40 seconds and finishes last expects a prize.
    Don't shame fat kids. Im fat.
    But can you run fast?
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

Hey all,

This is correct. This is a participation event for that want to be a part of the Summoner Showdown, but don't feel comfortable competing in the Showdown qualifiers. It's a taste of what our Competitors are facing and is not meant to be easy.

It is still meant to be a challenge and a test of skill.

But it's NOT a test of skill. It rewards the deepest 4* roster... which players have had to ignore to build their 5* and 6* rosters.

A test of skill looks something like THIS:
    1) The playing field would be evened on a beta server allowing all players access to every single 4*.
    2) A progression of boss health. All players who 1-Shot a 250K Silver Surfer advance to face a 500K boss. Those who 1-Shot that boss advance to the 1 mil health boss. Etc etc.

This let's all players participate AND let's the cream rise to the top. It's not perfect, of course. Just an idea! 🤷‍♂️
    I posted this nearly 40 pages ago. Bcuz you can't please this community. "It's too difficult"...Or "It's too easy!" 🤷‍♂️

So next year...
    If I'm Kabam I put 3 bosses in ShowUp.
    Health pools of say 250K, 700K, and 1.4 mil.
    (You only hit the leader board of the highest difficulty you complete).

Pick the boss you want, run it, and "Shut Up!" 🤫
    This is an internet forum. People will never "shut up"... Sorry to say. :D
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Still not satisfied, never will be.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    So are we getting a compensation or what ? Just need a yes or a no. Shifting the entry from to 4*s only limited my options and did not want to waste rank up resources so used items on some okay counters to the boss.
    edited August 2020
    @Rodomontade_Boi How to do it with Doom?
    Edit: Mister Fantastic synergy gives him increased shock and incinerate damage.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,019 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

Adevati said:

DNA3000 said:

Adevati said:

If the difficulty was left as-is, how many of those that completed it without revives/items/boosts would then go on to either beat the tourney version or at least get SS down below 30%? I’d say 99%. Which again, leaves the show up difficultly basically for the same group of players.

That's an incredibly weird statement to make for two reasons. First, Show Up was a lot easier to do itemless for the simple reason you could bring a team of five. That's more attackers you can throw at the fight and more synergy options to leverage. Second, the extra "or at least get SS down below 30%" seems completely random, like you were trying to stick in a disclaimer just for argument's sake. The tournament is for players trying to compete. It seems pretty clear from the leaderboards that to be at all competitive you have to be able to bring down Surfer all the way to zero, and to do so while not even getting hit at all. If you can't do that, you won't even show up on the leaderboards to know where you placed.

Showdown is for players who think they are, or can compete with, the best of the best. Showup is for players who think they can beat the challenge. In essence, Show Up is PvE content, Showdown is PvP content. Or to put it another way, Showup was something I could (and did) do. Showdown is probably outside my ability to be competitive at, even ignoring the fact that I'm ineligible. So I'm an exception to your assertion that Showdown and Showup were for an identical set of players, and I find it difficult to believe I'm alone.
    You have a reasonable argument that I made arbitrary assertions. However, you also made arbitrary assertions for who the show up difficulty was for. In your mind, show up was for those that were ineligible or really close. In many others’ minds, it was a challenge for the bulk of the player base. And pre-nerf, the bulk of the player base had no shot. Thus, the widespread complaints. People generally don’t complain about content they can complete and have completed. Most of the people here that are criticizing Kabam for changing the difficulty completed the challenge as presented.

Again, the issue here isn’t that Show Up was too hard. It’s that, as it was presented, most people assumed it would be fairly easy, say Uncollected level of difficulty. It’s perfectly fine if you or anyone else took it as a replica of the tournament. Fact remains, most did not. Many YouTubers, all who completed the challenge as is and most that have accounts loaded with champs and units, ranted about how absurd the difficulty was for the common player (which they thought was the target audience as well). Like I said before, had Kabam marketed this as a replica and warm up only for top players, then that would be fine. People would complain about not being included, but they really wouldn’t have had any leg to stand on. YouTubers wouldn’t have spread the rants like they did. Kabam could have even made it Cavalier only to further illustrate the point of it being difficult. But they did not. They instead made a mention about “any progression or level.”

And of course you aren’t alone. Odds are whatever opinion you have, someone else has the same one. We see it in this thread. But fact remains, your line of thinking is in the vast minority. YouTubers pushed this message to their thousands of subscribers. The bulk of this thread is for the nerf. This isn’t a “we want everything handed to us.” This is a “we thought we were getting X based on your description, we got Y.” The volume of feedback clarified that statement.

This will not set some precedent for the community strong arming Kabam into making everything easy mode. This will; however, force Kabam to provide more clarity in their release notes and set better expectations prior to new content being added. And that is not a bad thing by any means.

Ur absolutely right. We were mislead by the announcement we were first given which is why people were surprised and pissed when they saw 1.4 mil surfer. But all of you that think the pre nerfed version was better keep it to your self now. Kabam isnt gonna un-nerf it .Whats done is done. And all of you that want compensation start another discussion or find one that is related to it. Your comments are gonna get lost in this mountain of a discussion. This thread is for the feedback
    No one misled you. This is just an excuse on your end to have content catered to you needs.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Djin said:

Doom + mr. Fantastic
    Doom applies an armor break on heavy. It's tricky to have 100% uptime but keep trying. Don't do complete cycles (sp3 sp2.. Just keep doing sp3 instead) also start the fight with parry heavy and hope rng doesn't apply any coldsnap

Djin said:

Doom + mr. Fantastic
    Doom applies an armor break on heavy. It's tricky to have 100% uptime but keep trying. Don't do complete cycles (sp3 sp2.. Just keep doing sp3 instead) also start the fight with parry heavy and hope rng doesn't apply any coldsnap
    It's College Rivals synergy. I don't have MF.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Djin said:

Djin said:

Doom + mr. Fantastic
    It's College Rivals synergy. I don't have MF.
    Unfortunate. But ofc there are other counters
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    Honestly, I enjoyed this show up difficulty fight before it got nerfed. I showed up early.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

Oh no, here come compensation posts for a content which is being nerfed , cost 0 energy and live only more than a day, humanity is greediness , isn't they ?

Originally they had no plans to change the difficulty so those that went in on surfer prior to his nerf (which wasn’t announced until a few days after it was released) in show up difficulty fought the same boss that showdown difficulty had. Which costed some people revives + health potions to get him down. (Most of them would likely have not used a single revive/health potion if the difficulty was what it is now.) So yes I believe players who killed him prior to his nerf do deserve comp.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Would have preferred an increase in rewards rather than the huge nerf, it went one step too far I think either reduce the health and leave the 4* restriction in place or keep the health and remove the restriction both was too much.
  • DeTerminatorDeTerminator Posts: 27
    edited August 2020
    Let’s say there are two people ( A and B ) playing the game. Same roster, same skill, etc.
    The motivation for both is to get good rewards.

Day 1:
    Player A plays pre nerf surfer for 15 mins and gives up. This content is too tough he says.
    B played pre nerf surfer for 3 hours because he wants the rewards. He gets the clear and the rewards.

Day 2:
    Surfer gets nerfed. Player A gets the rewards with 5 mins of playing.

Leave all the talk about resources spent and stuff: what you’re saying is that two players with equal skill and roster, have received the same rewards for unequal work and unequal time spent doing it.

Keep calling people asking for compensation whiners, but then keep the same energy when someone at work gets a bonus or someone gets a better grade in school for doing the same work as you.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Some of you take this game way too seriously.

Go outside or something.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I finished show up on the 1st day after 3 trials, it’s tough but not as tough as showdown. Even some players make it after nerf, I don’t think any compensation for pre-nerf players is necessary. Frankly I always against power through content, esp it is just one fight without energy requirement. Why not retry again until you make it, just like beating RoL WS few years ago?
  • DeTerminatorDeTerminator Posts: 27
    It’ll be good to get closure on whether there will be compensation or not for people who beat pre-nerf surfer or an ETA by when the determination will be made.
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Posts: 348 ★★★

Some of you take this game way too seriously.

Go outside or something.

Lockdown Yo!