**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A heartfelt reason for why I’m dropping out of the Asian Qualifiers

SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
My IGN is Satsui No Hadou, and I really am a sucker for competition, so much so that i enjoyed my run at being in the top 3 in Asia from the very start. But it has come to the point where I’ve decided to stop pushing myself for that perfect run of perfect backdraft/light intercepts in combination with perfect mastery setups. The reason is the main difference maker for me to get sub 360 secs would be a 100% cooperative AI that is not only willing to throw specials but to throw them almost immediately on my first bait attempt. The other RNG aspect that I feel is no point fighting against is the perfect 25-30 stacks of bleed required by the 8’00 mark, any less than that and my timing won’t cut it.

Therefore I wish to say thank you for organizing such an intense competition but I have made the choice to drop out now before this race completely consumed my personal and professional health to the point that now my health and sanity are feeling the effects of my incessant need to get that perfect run.

All the best to those who are competing for the very top, it was a pleasure being able to hang with you guys these few days while pushing myself to the limit.

Comments

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Always remember it is just a game. The number reason for playing is to have fun.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    damn this is wholesome. good on you for recognizing your limit op! keep it up
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Gmonkey said:

The truth has always been that at the very top level RNG not skill will separate the best players and times.

I can attest to that! So many times I was getting that perfect run going when I get clipped while intercepting during that final 1-5%. Not to mention that the AI sometimes doesn’t release an sp1 or 2 on cue and wastes more precious time when you have to rebait it. That’s the reality of it all for me, and I know that it can be done, but i just don’t wish to put in anymore effort going up against chance.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Git gud noob

um.... are you top 10 in your region?
  • Well done man. Maybe next time you'll get that 1st spot!
  • DariusYiDariusYi Posts: 171
    reading this makes me think that kabam should have an event that is similar to ninja warrior.
    Unblockable node, and the ai is pre-programmed to do certain set of combo attack. If ai is hit, it will use the next set of combo attack. And players can only enter once.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

Qfury said:

Git gud noob

Die 1000 deaths!
    I get the Akuma Ultra Shun Goku Satsu reference!!
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    Akumaccb said:

My IGN is Satsui No Hadou, and I really am a sucker for competition, so much so that i enjoyed my run at being in the top 3 in Asia from the very start. But it has come to the point where I’ve decided to stop pushing myself for that perfect run of perfect backdraft/light intercepts in combination with perfect mastery setups. The reason is the main difference-maker for me to get sub 360 secs would be a 100% cooperative AI that is not only willing to throw specials but to throw them almost immediately on my first bait attempt. The other RNG aspect that I feel is no point fighting against is the perfect 25-30 stacks of bleed required by the 8’00 mark, any less than that and my timing won’t cut it.

Therefore I wish to say thank you for organizing such an intense competition but I have made the choice to drop out now before this race completely consumed my personal and professional health to the point that now my health and sanity are feeling the effects of my incessant need to get that perfect run.

All the best to those who are competing for the very top, it was a pleasure being able to hang with you guys these few days while pushing myself to the limit.

@Akumaccb I wish you luck dude "Satsui No Hadou" if you are joining back...
    @Akumaccb was The leader aka Top Player in his region "Asia and Oceania"
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Well done regardless mate. It ain't no joke to make it to the top 10 in an entire region. Respect. Have fun with the game I guess
    Satsui no Hadou there may be some who are about to make their top position in the last minute or last ten minutes they can come in and make a new combo or time period leaving the top player down actually the last minute have chances of winning I guess so not sure.

They have to fight to be the king of the Hill
    Me myself from the middle east can not participate plus even if I do I am not a legend like @Akumaccb or @Sugoi_Dubai (top player in terms of both prestige and rating in UAE or middle east + is in the top 100 in global)

even we can try but we are not allowed to participate so @Akumaccb try to utilize the right opportunity in the future and take rest buddy and try later
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    @Shafeeq even if they allow the middle east region in the competition, I wouldn’t be able to win it. RNG is a large factor, and it will take so much time restarting. Having kids makes it impossible for me.
This discussion has been closed.