**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

World record for item use during season war

The_CROWNThe_CROWN Posts: 51
edited August 2020 in General Discussion

My friend was playing war and with some Chinese ally and happened unexpected.... More than 500 defender kills world record..... During season really who are they man....

Comments

• The_CROWNThe_CROWN Posts: 51

there shouldn’t be items in war

Wow that's impossible
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible
    if you have the skill, or piggyback routes, you could do it itemless.

at the minimum, no revives.
  • The_CROWNThe_CROWN Posts: 51
    Arsoz said:

The_CROWN said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

No skill can do tier1 war itemless
    Pull up with quake or ghost
    Still no.... Lagacy is always in top ally getting zero kill for him is also not easy
    Lvernon15 said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

That won’t work in tier 1, speaking as someone playing in a tier 1 ally, there’s almost always item use, not necessarily due to screw ups, with stubborn you take a lot of block damage. Now I’d be all for a complete aw rework where maps tactics etc are changed to be more manageable and then ban items, but the current map just isn’t realistic for that, I’ve had 3 wars on this new map where I haven’t needed to heal (excluding off season) and I have one of the lower item uses of my ally
    Fine. But are revives really needed?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

That won’t work in tier 1, speaking as someone playing in a tier 1 ally, there’s almost always item use, not necessarily due to screw ups, with stubborn you take a lot of block damage. Now I’d be all for a complete aw rework where maps tactics etc are changed to be more manageable and then ban items, but the current map just isn’t realistic for that, I’ve had 3 wars on this new map where I haven’t needed to heal (excluding off season) and I have one of the lower item uses of my ally
    you shouldn't be dying. If you die, yes. If not, no
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

You can't do it itemless. You have to have 30 people do 150 war fights without screwing up at all. Still a lot of pots that have to be used also.
    do you need revives tho? At least lower the item cap to ten
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Yes, you need Items. That was the whole point of removing Defender Kills as a metric. The system rewards people by not having to use them by way of Attack Bonus. However, it shouldn't penalize people for using them. Also, good luck one-shotting a Boss in higher Tiers. Some can, but good luck. Lol.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    However 516 is quite insane.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lvernon15 said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

Define 'shouldn't' in that instance.

• SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Stubborn is just Flow 2.0 with more Quake/Ghost counter. Non parry matchups can be so hard.

I sometimes play 4 min fights vs some nodes. War got so dragged out. A lot of nodes are really stupid.
    For example Modok on shifting hazard.
    At least that my personal exp. Tier 2 btw
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

Stubborn is just Flow 2.0 with more Quake/Ghost counter. Non parry matchups can be so hard.

I sometimes play 4 min fights vs some nodes. War got so dragged out. A lot of nodes are really stupid.
    For example Modok on shifting hazard.
    At least that my personal exp. Tier 2 btw

That’s just a free corvus charge
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lvernon15 said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

In that specific instance. Should they not die as in 'the paths are easy, so they shouldn't die' or is it more of 'they are skilled, so they shouldn't die'.
    they are skilled, so they shouldn't die
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Itemless wars? No. I don’t think wars should be changed in terms of revives. If you die then you lose points. So what they can revive? At least give people a chance. In the last war I played I died 3 times.

Once after I fully dodged an L2 and he somehow hit me as I went in to retaliate.

One after I lost my flow fighting a MODOK on Bane and ended up getting degened into oblivion.

Another after I died to block damage to the boss.

Mistakes happen. We learn. Removing revives would make wars pretty much impossible and would remove the little fun left in it.
  • AGYAATAGYAAT Posts: 210
    It's good idea to show your overall alliance's skills, only if item are not allowed in war so no one can heal or revive then do as much as exploration as you can without items for points(deciding factor for victory) yeah then war map also need a complete rework than it's doesn't matter you are in tire 1 or tire 10

But this is not good for kabam's business😅

• The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★
    edited August 2020

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lvernon15 said:

The_CROWN said:

Wow that's impossible

In that specific instance. Should they not die as in 'the paths are easy, so they shouldn't die' or is it more of 'they are skilled, so they shouldn't die'.
    they are skilled, so they shouldn't die
    So how much of this is from espero in higher level war

Or are both of you still in act 5
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    I mean, if Kabam’ goal is to limit the amount of full map clears, that would be the to-the-point option to consider, right?

To OP post, holy smokes!
  • EB54EB54 Posts: 77
    516/30=17.2 deaths per person. That’s almost 5 revives each. This blows my mind.
    I’d love to see the in game msg that shows individual kills.