**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cheating in Showdown

There is a guy named Burgess. who is cheating aka using a VPN, he was in the America bracket but when he had seen that he cant win there he used a VPN and transferred to Australia. Now my friend Steel lost his 1st place that was legit. Kabam please look into this, i have screenshots that show that he was indeed in the American bracket if needed.

Comments

• Options
    Steel_22Steel_22 Posts: 38

huy

This guy burgess was #3 in america yesterday and is now #1 in Asia/Oceania? I smell something fishy... btw I’m #2 in Asia/Oceania so would like to know what’s up
  • Options
    Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    Fishy, where you at kabam.
  • Options

• Options
    Steel_22Steel_22 Posts: 38
    Arsoz said:

Do you have proof hes using a vpn

It’s the same account in 2 different regions 1 day apart. In a time when international travel is very limited
  • Options
    Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    ChriissR said:

He'll be caught anyway when they ask for his address to send him equipment. You need to provide ID and evidence of where you live.

But he'll end up depriving someone who deserves the spor
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    He'll get caught and you'll be rewarded anyways. As soon as they ask for evidence of where he lives and ID, he'll get caught.
  • Options
    This shows he was indeed in the american bracket and now hes in the Australia and Oceania
  • Options
    Blah_99292Blah_99292 Posts: 6
    Looks a bit sus for sure
  • Options
    DRAGOLADRAGOLA Posts: 84
    He is a hitman leave him alone
  • Options
    coolthedude786coolthedude786 Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Arsoz said:

It could have been an error on kabams leaderboard

An error? If it was an error then why would it only be Burgess, the guy who wasn't first in the American region but is in the Asia/Oceania region, who is affected by this? It is incredibly shady and I doubt it's all a coincidence
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Arsoz said:

An error? If it was an error then why would it only be Burgess, the guy who wasn't first in the American region but is in the Asia/Oceania region, who is affected by this? It is incredibly shady and I doubt it's all a coincidence
    It’s better to not accuse people blindly without strong evidence.
    Be sure Kabam will check out and verify that the qualifiers will be legitimate.
    It may be a bug with the leaderboard after all, as others pointed out.
    This is the strongest evidence we got mate, its fine if its an error, we just need Kabams feedback on this. If we are wrong, we apologize for it. Peace
  • Options

You actually calling out someone like this for everyone to see is so uncool i cant even... the same thing happend to another guy who was wrongly placed in wrong region but kabam fixed. Most likely its the same with this guy. Dont try and bury people you know nothing about like this

Oh is that a fact? Why did it happen just to him then, the guy who is first in Aus and Ocean but not first in America? Weird coincidence isnt it? We are showing what we have seen and what we think. Lets just wait out a Kabams repsonse.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    anything below #1 spot doesn't matter anyways
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

You actually calling out someone like this for everyone to see is so uncool i cant even... the same thing happend to another guy who was wrongly placed in wrong region but kabam fixed. Most likely its the same with this guy. Dont try and bury people you know nothing about like this

Oh is that a fact? Why did it happen just to him then, the guy who is first in Aus and Ocean but not first in America? Weird coincidence isnt it? We are showing what we have seen and what we think. Lets just wait out a Kabams repsonse.
    Look at everything that surrounds this game. Is Kabam error free? No they aren't. Whoever updates the leaderboard could've accidentally put the wrong name in the wrong column and then realized their mistake.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Arsoz said:

It’s better to not accuse people blindly without strong evidence.
    Be sure Kabam will check out and verify that the qualifiers will be legitimate.
    It may be a bug with the leaderboard after all, as others pointed out.
    This is the strongest evidence we got mate, its fine if its an error, we just need Kabams feedback on this. If we are wrong, we apologize for it. Peace
    There’s a high chance of it to be nothing else but a bug.
    Now imagine how would you feel if you were at this guy’s position, being publicly accused of cheating, after putting so much effort to get your position.
    Yes, there’s a chance of cheating, but a chance it’s not enough to destroy people’s reputation 😉
    It’s more than sure Kabam will do anything needed to guarantee the top spots are legit 👍
    Peace mate and patience 🙂
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I think someone needs to read the rules before posting stuff like these
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    People need to stop getting outraged on behalf of other people. Unless it's you that's being directly affected by the leaderboard. If it's that big of a deal to your friend Steel, I'm sure they can come here and complain themselves.
This discussion has been closed.