Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

BWCV or SORCERER SUPREME!

Comments

• Options
    PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 370 ★★
    The*
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Has the event started for you guys? I thought it was meant to start 20 minutes ago but still nothing in game.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Has the event started for you guys? I thought it was meant to start 20 minutes ago but still nothing in game.

36 minutes. 18:00 GMT
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Who needs regen on block when Claire can regen with her special. Also insane power control on her special . Also increases damage in hellfire. Suicides are just a buff to her damage since it isn't the best but sorc supreme doesn't have ultra damage either. Also TRIPLE immunities. In the hands of a skilled player she can do pretty much anything. Cough cough second best mystic in the game and arguably best with suicides and yet the little puny fan club of sorc supreme have arrived. Maybe they only have sorc supreme. Cough cough salty. If I get tonnes of disagrees here they are all just an acceptance of the fact that they are salty LOL.

LOL you're more than welcome to compare rosters if you like bud
  • Options
    @Worknprogress I indeed do and thanks. LOL.
  • Options

Qacob said:

But the announcement says 10am PDT? I checked google and that's 5pm GMT right? I thought it was weird as things usually happen at 6pm. I guess either the announcement or my Google search was wrong...
  • Options

Claire is a good mystic that gets hyped to all heavens bc of suicide compatability / immunities. That's really her main selling factor. Take that away and she wouldn't even be a top 10 mystic. Other champs such as sorcerer have far better abilities/utility but are horrendous with suicides

I would love to see the list of 10 mystics that are better than Claire without suicides
    If you take away her immunities? Doom, Sorcerer, MS, Magik, Voodoo, Sym, and possibly even Longshot at a stretch so yeah maybe top 10 but not by much.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Both are awesome, this in my experience and what i think you should consider:

You NEED immunities? Then the obvious answer is claire.
    You don't run, but plan on run suicides? Go with claire again, she is a BEAST with suicides, whitout them she doesn't hit that hard, but her versatility can make you beat almost everything, long fights but that's ok, you can regen any time you want.

You don't need immunities, nor planing on go suicides? Then go with sorcerer, she can do a lot of damage, also that slow debuff is really a must have, crazy regen and if I'm correct energetic hits, which makes her an option for korg or similar.

You won't be disapointed with any of them, but its really wise that you choose, the one that's going to fit best with your roster/masteries/style of play/needs.

As for me, I'd go sorcerer!
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Claire is a good mystic that gets hyped to all heavens bc of suicide compatability / immunities. That's really her main selling factor. Take that away and she wouldn't even be a top 10 mystic. Other champs such as sorcerer have far better abilities/utility but are horrendous with suicides

I would love to see the list of 10 mystics that are better than Claire without suicides
    If you take away her immunities? Doom, Sorcerer, MS, Magik, Voodoo, Sym, and possibly even Longshot at a stretch so yeah maybe top 10 but not by much.
    "if you take away her immunities". That's like saying "If you take away doom's L1 power control"....
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

But the announcement says 10am PDT? I checked google and that's 5pm GMT right? I thought it was weird as things usually happen at 6pm. I guess either the announcement or my Google search was wrong...
    No idea, it’s 18:00 anyway. If you check the arenas tab you can see the legends arenas start in around 30 minutes, which is 18:00

• Options

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

No idea, it’s 18:00 anyway. If you check the arenas tab you can see the legends arenas start in around 30 minutes, which is 18:00

Oh well, it's only half an hour to wait.
  • Options

"if you take away her immunities". That's like saying "If you take away doom's L1 power control"....
    That was the whole premise of my statement though. Without her suicide compatability/immunities she's a pretty average mystic. If you don't need those, she's just not great
  • Options
    If you have an early/small roster and need one champ to do a lot of things then yeah she's probably great. If you have a large developed roster and don't need the immunity she's just not really needed.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

That was the whole premise of my statement though. Without her suicide compatability/immunities she's a pretty average mystic. If you don't need those, she's just not great
    if you don't need power control doom isn't great. If you don't need burst damage corvus sucks. If you don't need someone that can destroy 90% of content in the game quake sucks. If you don't need utility sorcsup is average.
  • Options
    @Worknprogress the fact you took Thor Ragnarok to max over stealthy and blade proves stuff.
  • Options
    IronStrangeIronStrange Posts: 103
    Sorcerer Supreme, you will need a little practice to fully understand her abilities and how to get the most out of it, but when you get her right she is just amazing. Mine went to straight r5 and she is crazy fun. Her regen on block ability is just soo good when you are in act 6 or variants where the block damage is high or is it full with hard to evade special champs.
  • Options
    It proves I needed prestige at the time and have never once had a need for stealthy or blade when I had them
  • Options
    Anyway an opinion is an opinion let's not argue ok bud?
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Not if you take away her immunities, if you don't run suicides.
    Claire's kit revolves around Immunity and gaining power from it.
    It's like saying doom without power steal on sp1 isnt as good, what do you expect?
  • Options

if you don't need power control doom isn't great. If you don't need burst damage corvus sucks. If you don't need someone that can destroy 90% of content in the game quake sucks. If you don't need utility sorcsup is average.
    Yeah, no kidding. You use champs that have abilities that are needed, that's the point of having diverse options. Outside of immunities other mystics do mystic stuff better than her.
  • Options

It's like saying doom without power steal on sp1 isnt as good, what do you expect?
    That's not what I said though. I said take away her immunities. Unless you need one champ to do a lot of things okay or need the immunity, she's just average.
  • Options
    Power steal, life steal, burst damage, triple immunities, buff immunity, suicides compatibility.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Claire is the best mystic in the game with suicides, period. Wanna argue, let's go!
    Without suicides, she's definitely top 3 IMO, because she still accesses all her utility without it (except the free Claire charges she gets with suicides, and of course the pretty much doubled heal and almost doubled attack rating in general). Yet to find another champ similar to her, the utility is immense! She's probably the only champ that benefits against opponents where you actually have what would be a "disadvantage" to every other one. You've got free power gain! She's probably the mystic that needs MD the least (apart from magik), and it makes sense, because you can run suicides and put those points you would in MD, into something like despair (which she works amazingly for). She's one of those kind of champs that can go into a quick match fight, or a hidden node somewhere and beat 99% of the opponents you would get (quick match is extremely randomised, and the few champs that I would say are comparable to Claire in those type of scenarios are characters like quake, ghost, void, omega red, and a few others).

Not gonna lie, act 6 is quite a pain in like...all of the time, but Claire is one of those few champs that can actually make it fun! Again, the utility is immense! And people criticising her damage are being ridiculous, with or without suicides, her damage is great! Btw, you're not losing much by not running suicides, as her special 2 energy damage doesn't increase with attack modifiers (which I'm still not sure is supposed to be the case). In other words, don't feel left out because you're not running suicides with her, you're still getting the same damage on your special 2 energy damage in hellfire with or without it (which is where most of her burst damage comes from).

• Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

That's not what I said though. I said take away her immunities. Unless you need one champ to do a lot of things okay or need the immunity, she's just average.

Without suicides easily sorcerer. BWCV is insanely underwhelming without suicides and is really only rated so highly due to her suicide compatability

You've been acting like the only reason claire is rated so highly is because of suicide compatibility and champs like sorcerer are shafted because the don't synergize well with it.

So I'm curious about where you would place Claire in a mystic list where suicides weren't a factor
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,819 ★★★★★

Lol I see the Claire fan club has arrived

it’s like they know