**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please Consider Pity Timers for Pulls

I get so demoralized when I get a string of garbage pulls to the point where I want to quit playing. I know I am not the only one. Recently I pulled five Dual Crystals. At first I pulled the Skill/Mutant hoping for an Aegon. I ended up pulling a dupe Thor Rag and a Falcon. I realized that I was looking for a single champ from that crystal pool and figured I would have a better chance with the Science/Mystic Crystals getting a Doom, BWCV, SorcSup, CapIW or Void. All champs that have escaped my grasp. So I pulled three of those crystals and ended up with dupe Dormmamu, Loki and Classic Spider-Man.

This is beyond frustrating. Working so hard to get those crystals and I get squat. So I am begging the devs to consider a pity timer much how Blizzards Hearthstone works. For Hearthstone, if you don’t pull a legendary card within 50 pulls, your next pull will be Legendary. This adds some faith in the system knowing that you will eventually get a solid champ. If something like this could be implemented such as getting four terrible champs of a particular crystal level the next will be at least relatively strong.

I lost friends to this game from them getting horrible pulls. One friend of mine got a Punisher 2099 for his first 5* champ. His second?... Punisher 2099. For me where I can farm 5* shards relatively easily it is not too bad, but early players? He did quit because of it. I convinced him to come back but he has since left again due to other in game frustrations. Please consider this.

Comments

• Joshua_EiversJoshua_Eivers Posts: 108
    It’s this thing called rng I’m not too sure if you know what that is but it randomises what you get from crystals. If you don’t like what you get then don’t play the game (Yes I know it’s a pretty simple thing to do) and just cause you and you friend get a few bad pulls you think you’re special? No. You also don’t need to be guaranteed a good champ just cause you get bad champs. It happens to everyone. So please stop whining now. Plus, if you lost friends because you got them someone bad they don’t sound like good friends.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

It’s this thing called rng I’m not too sure if you know what that is but it randomises what you get from crystals. If you don’t like what you get then don’t play the game (Yes I know it’s a pretty simple thing to do) and just cause you and you friend get a few bad pulls you think you’re special? No. You also don’t need to be guaranteed a good champ just cause you get bad champs. It happens to everyone. So please stop whining now. Plus, if you lost friends because you got them someone bad they don’t sound like good friends.

You fanbois act as if Kabam has no room for improvement. If you guys have spent any time on these forums you would realize people are rarely happy with the BS that Kabam does. Incidentally, Blizzard gets far less rage from their developer choices.
    “Improvement”? What you’re suggesting isn’t an improvement. It’s an entire change of the system that this game is based on. It’s changing it to become a completely different game than what it’s supposed to be.

There’s a difference between ‘improvements’ and ‘stupid game changes made to please a few people’s desires for a guaranteed “beyond god tier” champ’.
    edited August 2020

You fanbois act as if Kabam has no room for improvement. If you guys have spent any time on these forums you would realize people are rarely happy with the BS that Kabam does. Incidentally, Blizzard gets far less rage from their developer choices.
    “Improvement?” This isn’t an “Improvement”. This is a proposed change that would break the entire concept of this game and how it’s played. This is just a crazy idea that was thought up because someone and their friends got a few bad pulls.

Does MCOC and Kabam have lots to improve on? Heck yes. Is this a good suggestion to get to improvement? No. This really doesn’t accomplish much besides making a few people who don’t understand how RNG works happy because they didn’t land a top tier champion.

Mcoc has a lot of problems, but people getting unlucky and pulling bad champs because of RNG is not one of them.

“Improvement?” This isn’t an “Improvement”. This is a proposed change that would break the entire concept of this game and how it’s played. This is just a crazy idea that was thought up because someone and their friends got a few bad pulls.

Does MCOC and Kabam have lots to improve on? Heck yes. Is this a good suggestion to get to improvement? No. This really doesn’t accomplish much besides making a few people who don’t understand how RNG works happy because they didn’t land a top tier champion.

Mcoc has a lot of problems, but people getting unlucky and pulling bad champs because of RNG is not one of them.
    You cannot see the forest from the trees my friend. Ask yourself why bad champs exist at all? So that RNG will give you the opportunity to pull bad pulls. Why? So that players will spend money chasing the good champs. Everything Kabam does is for their investors bottom line. Overly hard content? Players blow units, need more units then spend RL money to purchase more. You think you are smart but just another wanna be drinking the Kabam Koolaid. It is fine, talk to me when you beat chapter 3.
    You don’t need to spend money to get a lot of units. Bad champs exist because they get outdated and new champs with newer abilities come in and outshine them, that’s why we have buffs coming for many characters. “Ask yourself why bad champs exist at all? So that RNG will give you the opportunity to pull bad pulls”, well duh buddy. When you roll a die in a board game and you want to roll on a 6 but you end up on a 1, nobody says ‘wHy dOeS tHe 1 eXisT oN tHe dICE??!’

“Everything that Kabam does is for their investors” I don’t know if you know how a business works, but the goal is to get money. Just FYI. Having sensibility and understanding how a game was designed and is supposed to be played isn’t “drinking Kabam koolaid”. I’m a F2P simply calling this what it is: a useless idea to appeal to a small fraction of the player base who don’t like when reality hits them. Have a nice day.
  • RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 132
    edited August 2020

It is fine, talk to me when you beat chapter 3.

Just curious, which act are we talking about here?

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

You cannot see the forest from the trees my friend. Ask yourself why bad champs exist at all? So that RNG will give you the opportunity to pull bad pulls. Why? So that players will spend money chasing the good champs. Everything Kabam does is for their investors bottom line. Overly hard content? Players blow units, need more units then spend RL money to purchase more. You think you are smart but just another wanna be drinking the Kabam Koolaid. It is fine, talk to me when you beat chapter 3.
    I mean they nerfed war pretty hard, nerfed aq pretty hard, are completely nerfing act 6 into the ground so your overly hard content stuff is literally the opposite of reality

And what about the people that don’t spend money? They can still get who they want it just takes longer. I have never spent in the game ever and I’ve got most of the people that I want/need. And there isn’t really any content that is overly hard and a lot of the hard content they are nerfing anyway. Talk to me when you beat act 3
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★

RNG, RNG, RNG. It’s how crystals were designed to work. You don’t like them? Don’t open them. The whole concept of crystals doesn’t need to be changed simply because you and your friends had strings of unfortunate pulls.

So is Hearthstone card pulls. The point being they would lose less players if they did implement something like this. It is smart marketing.
    If this was truly a marketing concern for kabam, MCOC wouldn’t have even survived half a year of being up. The system was this way from the beginning.
    Dude, they addressed this in the road map.

Buff rate increase, dual crystals and the incoming wish crystals are all ways of addressing the frustrations of champion acquisition so clearly Kabam do see this as a problem.

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

What's the use of telling people to stop playing the game ?
    Its a loss for Kabam as the developers, loss for the player base and a loss for the game as a whole.
    Try and improve the OP's suggestion or something instead of telling people to quit.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

I mean they nerfed war pretty hard, nerfed aq pretty hard, are completely nerfing act 6 into the ground so your overly hard content stuff is literally the opposite of reality
    Case in point, how many of you told Seatin to stop whining? When he put Kabam on blast everyone jumped aboard and Kabam reacted quickly. I am sure many of you whines about it as well. Pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot. Hypocrites.
    Who are you talking about? I’m totally against all the nerfs, i hate it

What's the use of telling people to stop playing the game ?
    Its a loss for Kabam as the developers, loss for the player base and a loss for the game as a whole.
    Try and improve the OP's suggestion or something instead of telling people to quit.
    I basically said if he doesn’t like it cause he can’t get the people he wants then just quit. If it seems like such a problem to him then that would be better than complaining. Why try and improve OP’s suggestion if I don’t agree with it?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Case in point, how many of you told Seatin to stop whining? When he put Kabam on blast everyone jumped aboard and Kabam reacted quickly. I am sure many of you whines about it as well. Pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot. Hypocrites.
    You don’t get to assume someone did something toy make an appeal to hypocrisy
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    Dang someone needs to shut this thread down.
    Berjibs said:

RNG, RNG, RNG. It’s how crystals were designed to work. You don’t like them? Don’t open them. The whole concept of crystals doesn’t need to be changed simply because you and your friends had strings of unfortunate pulls.

So is Hearthstone card pulls. The point being they would lose less players if they did implement something like this. It is smart marketing.
    If this was truly a marketing concern for kabam, MCOC wouldn’t have even survived half a year of being up. The system was this way from the beginning.

Buff rate increase, dual crystals and the incoming wish crystals are all ways of addressing the frustrations of champion acquisition so clearly Kabam do see this as a problem.

Yes they are increasing buff rate but they aren’t changing the entire crystal system to this dumb proposal.
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

I get so demoralized when I get a string of garbage pulls to the point where I want to quit playing. I know I am not the only one. Recently I pulled five Dual Crystals. At first I pulled the Skill/Mutant hoping for an Aegon. I ended up pulling a dupe Thor Rag and a Falcon. I realized that I was looking for a single champ from that crystal pool and figured I would have a better chance with the Science/Mystic Crystals getting a Doom, BWCV, SorcSup, CapIW or Void. All champs that have escaped my grasp. So I pulled three of those crystals and ended up with dupe Dormmamu, Loki and Classic Spider-Man.

This is beyond frustrating. Working so hard to get those crystals and I get squat. So I am begging the devs to consider a pity timer much how Blizzards Hearthstone works. For Hearthstone, if you don’t pull a legendary card within 50 pulls, your next pull will be Legendary. This adds some faith in the system knowing that you will eventually get a solid champ. If something like this could be implemented such as getting four terrible champs of a particular crystal level the next will be at least relatively strong.

I lost friends to this game from them getting horrible pulls. One friend of mine got a Punisher 2099 for his first 5* champ. His second?... Punisher 2099. For me where I can farm 5* shards relatively easily it is not too bad, but early players? He did quit because of it. I convinced him to come back but he has since left again due to other in game frustrations. Please consider this.

What is a good champ and what is a bad champ is totally a matter of perspective and every champion, no matter how bad they look from their abilities has utility waiting to be untapped, for eg. My first six star was joe fixit, now you might think that joe fixit has no uses and so did I
    BUT while exploring 5.4.1 today, I came across the rage path, rage basically puts a damage cap per hit and if you exceed that damage cap 5 times, the defender becomes unblockable
    And guess what, six star joe fixit was perfect for that path, why??, because his critical rating and critical damage rating are so low that you are never going to trigger rage,not to forget that he has a higher health pool compared to my 5 star rank 4 champs,so basically I cleared the whole path using joe fixit, you see, as bad as he is, he came in very handy today
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

First off, what characters qualify as "solid" is open to interpretation. Dormammu is a solid PC option. Classic Spiderman is a solid defender. Furthermore, a character's "usefulness" also varies from content to content. LOL's most useful champion is arguably Aegon. However, he's not that useful in shorter fights. Loki is useful for Act 5 Ultron as well as other niche encounters, but outside of those fights, he's nothing to rave about. "Usefulness" and overall "solidity" is a matter of situation/opinion.

Secondly, the pity pulls shouldn't be exclusive to people who only get bad pulls. Why should people who get bad pulls get a guaranteed better pull while other players who get good pulls don't?
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★

Berjibs said:

Yes they are increasing buff rate but they aren’t changing the entire crystal system to this dumb proposal.

But they have completely changed the crystal system to address a problem you said wasn’t there.

The wish crystals, however they are implemented, is clearly a version of the OP’s idea. So it’s hardly as ridiculous as you’re making out.

Ps, why so rude, frustrated with life or something?