**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hear me out... Rhino is a Low Demi-God tier champion.

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Interesting perspective. I would partially agree and disagree. He's tanky for sure, and can probably pack a punch. But in 2020 MCOC, champs need to do more than just pack a punch. I feel like Rhino's kit is just missing something, as you said. It's a great start, but needs a great finish!

However, I think that he's trash as a war boss. As long as you bait a heavy, you're good. Use stealthy or Shulk, get the slow up, and clap his cheeks within an inch of his life!

Still a very good write up overall tho. If he gets buffed, I'll definitely rank up my 5-Star version.

Yeah, I totally agree. He needs a buff, but it should be an update to his current kit + new abilities. On his own right now, no one's really gonna use him. But he has a decent kit. Guaranteed intercepts + safety net of physical resistance and armor in case you get light intercepted. A very simple design but it can be used in certain situations. But of course, this alone in 2020 is not enough.

What I would do with Rhino is:
    - Add autoblock mechanic like Nova's if Rhino's unstoppable charge is light intercepted
    - Evade counter against Spiderverse champions OR slow debuff
    - Some sort of immunities/resistances
    - Mechanic to gain much more damage (either stack more potent furies or some new mechanic)
    - Rupture DOT on basic attacks that improve special attack damage like Sasquatch
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Here is a god tier strategy for rhino dash back and dash forward repeat

That's legit what my entire post is saying... but yes, thank you for pointing it out. His playstyle is very similar to Nova's playstyle, and Nova is generally regarded as a low Demi-God tier champion. Keep intercepting. Nova has the auto-block safety net, while Rhino has the unstoppable safety net. They're quite similar. Both are good defenders as well. Just because Nova has newer and cooler animations doesn't mean he's better.
    You can thank me later for this TL;DR (getting me up to a 5* with insightfuls would be nice though)
    Don't beg for insightfuls. The only thing you'll get are disagrees. That's just how the forums work. Don't ask me why. But it just works that way.

Ebony Maw > Rhino

Ebony Maw is another example of a champion who in himself isn't even bad. He's decent. All they needed to do was increase his damage numbers. His kit is actually pretty cool + he's really fun to play. A synergy in the future to buff his damage numbers would be very much appreciated. Ebony Maw is better than Rhino, but I would put them both in the Low Demi-God Tier.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

That's legit what my entire post is saying... but yes, thank you for pointing it out. His playstyle is very similar to Nova's playstyle, and Nova is generally regarded as a low Demi-God tier champion. Keep intercepting. Nova has the auto-block safety net, while Rhino has the unstoppable safety net. They're quite similar. Both are good defenders as well. Just because Nova has newer and cooler animations doesn't mean he's better.
    You can thank me later for this TL;DR (getting me up to a 5* with insightfuls would be nice though)
    Don't beg for insightfuls. The only thing you'll get are disagrees. That's just how the forums work. Don't ask me why. But it just works that way.
    BUt WhY? also i wasnt begging just cause my profile is taskmaster dont assume I am begging
    RU11011 said:

My 6* Rhino appreciates your concern, but he prefers to be level 1. He doesn't want to waste my ISO (he's very thoughtful for that)

well I hear that he wants a 6* r3 gameplay video about him you should try it
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

BUt WhY? also i wasnt begging just cause my profile is taskmaster dont assume I am begging
    I have a 5 star Taskmaster. Should I rank him up unawakened? I am desperately in need of high-ranked good skill champions but I think he needs his awakened ability and I'd rather save an AG for Nick Fury or Aegon.
    edited August 2020
    MaxGaming said:

RU11011 said:

My 6* Rhino appreciates your concern, but he prefers to be level 1. He doesn't want to waste my ISO (he's very thoughtful for that)

well I hear that he wants a 6* r3 gameplay video about him you should try it
    @Seatin @Lagacy @BrianGrant y'all heard that right? Next CCP beta let's get some of that juicy r3 Rhino max boosted full suicides Rhino gameplay
    "I would take Taskmaster up to r5 any day if I had a 5* of him awakened or unawakened as I think he is worth it"

MaxGaming's comment on 3 other posts today... Read my other comments
    MaxGaming said:

"I would take Taskmaster up to r5 any day if I had a 5* of him awakened or unawakened as I think he is worth it"

I see you commenting about Taskmaster everywhere. Why do you like him so much? He seems decent but not anything special that my other champs can't do better.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    For garunteed intercept you get hit which deals more damage than a parry
    edited August 2020

MaxGaming said:

I see you commenting about Taskmaster everywhere. Why do you like him so much? He seems decent but not anything special that my other champs can't do better.
    sigh, kids these days...
    If you dont know now you won't know ever nuff said...
    MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

sigh, kids these days...
    If you dont know now you won't know every nuff said...
    mate aren't you a kid
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

sigh, kids these days...
    mate aren't you a kid
    I would assume that with "gaming" in the name. Taskmaster is extremely good if played properly. High sig and I think Crossbones synergy, once you get the concussion passive, you can spam sp1s to deal loads of damage.

But please, carry on with Rhino. My Rhino still wants to hear the buff concepts about him.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

nah, rhino is ass

didn't even read my post fam
    Garunteed intercepts
    > you get hit

War boss
    > just use she hulk/stealthy lol

Physical resistance
    > so what, hes not gonna last in content where phys resist actually matters like 6.4 due to his ass damage
    War boss
    - Quake the fight
    Clearly you've never played AW or faced an AW boss because there's a true strike node loud and clear on it smh
    Depends on the map. Not on the maps my ally does
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    RU11011 said:

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

sigh, kids these days...
    mate aren't you a kid
    I would assume that with "gaming" in the name. Taskmaster is extremely good if played properly. High sig and I think Crossbones synergy, once you get the concussion passive, you can spam sp1s to deal loads of damage.

But please, carry on with Rhino. My Rhino still wants to hear the buff concepts about him.
    Permanently unblockable

boom
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    The champ is pretty niche and as usual there is a small group of Summoners who uses this champ very well effectively , @Qwerty
    edited August 2020

MaxGaming said:

So umm, after thinking back the question "Why do you like him so much?" I have a awnser so buckle up, I started liking taskmaster when _ ___ ___ _ ____ ____ ___ and _____ _______ _____ ___ Taskmaster ___ ____ __ ______ __ ______ ___ to _____ __ _________ _________ ___ ____ them ___ ____ he ________ __ __ ______ ____ ___ ____ I remember ____ _ _____ ___ ___ ___ he helped __ complete ___ 1-_ that is partially why
    (The reason I blanked out most of it is because the less you know the better)
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Interesting perspective. I would partially agree and disagree. He's tanky for sure, and can probably pack a punch. But in 2020 MCOC, champs need to do more than just pack a punch. I feel like Rhino's kit is just missing something, as you said. It's a great start, but needs a great finish!

However, I think that he's trash as a war boss. As long as you bait a heavy, you're good. Use stealthy or Shulk, get the slow up, and clap his cheeks within an inch of his life!

Still a very good write up overall tho. If he gets buffed, I'll definitely rank up my 5-Star version.

Yeah, I totally agree. He needs a buff, but it should be an update to his current kit + new abilities. On his own right now, no one's really gonna use him. But he has a decent kit. Guaranteed intercepts + safety net of physical resistance and armor in case you get light intercepted. A very simple design but it can be used in certain situations. But of course, this alone in 2020 is not enough.

What I would do with Rhino is:
    - Add autoblock mechanic like Nova's if Rhino's unstoppable charge is light intercepted
    - Evade counter against Spiderverse champions OR slow debuff
    - Some sort of immunities/resistances
    - Mechanic to gain much more damage (either stack more potent furies or some new mechanic)
    - Rupture DOT on basic attacks that improve special attack damage like Sasquatch
    They don't even have to add all of that tbh. Just add shock immunity (EMP Mod Counter) and give him passive indestructible along with his passive unstoppable and drop his unblockable. His indestructible can make intercepting much easier, can help him negate damage, and can help him tank l3s. Bam! High demi-god tier champion.
    That's true. I went a bit overboard. I agree with your ideas!
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Anyone with unstoppable can guarantee an intercept
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Aight. Take your 6* Rhino to r3 and post how many kills he gets as a boss then
    I reread the title and when it says low Demi-God I just realized that I made a post like this with Yellowjacket and it didn't get half as popular as this!
    MaxGaming said:

I reread the title and when it says low Demi-God I just realized that I made a post like this with Yellowjacket and it didn't get half as popular as this!

Because I am huge

MaxGaming said:

Because I am huge
    -_- I'm pretty sure I left a good point about Taskmaster though who have you made a good point about?

MaxGaming said:

MaxGaming said:

Because I am huge
    -_- I'm pretty sure I left a good point about Taskmaster though who have you made a good point about?
    What are ya on about mate?

A lot of my opinions are good. Some people might disagree with this but that’s okay. The only opinions I see you making are posts sucking off Taskmaster.
    well it used to be about someone else in the other thread I made a long time ago
    edited August 2020
    BTW taskmaster is older than any of these newer champions
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★

Aight. Take your 6* Rhino to r3 and post how many kills he gets as a boss then

Lol any half decent player is smoking a rhino boss with stealthy (a common war option) extremely quickly. That man isn’t getting a single kill in mid to high tier war even with stubborn it’d be too easy