**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cavalier rewards [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    This is on top of other things going on in the game, so you have to look at total cumulative Rewards each month. It's not a one-stop for everything.
  • amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82
    Instead of that 15k 5* shards, i would have a loved a shot at 5* nexus, don't you think that would be ideal for a difficulty of this level.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We built these rewards with a few things in mind: This needs to be sustainable moving forward, it needs to help players strengthen their rosters, and it needs to be what players were asking for.

These rewards were designed with your feedback. We looked at Forum threads, videos, tweets; and had conversations with players. In most of the cases, these rewards exceeded what reasonable Summoners had been asking for.

Also, please keep in mind that we've already announced the new Legendary difficulty for Side Events that will also be a new permanent fixture of the Contest.

"reasonable summoners", meaning kabam employees and people who haven't done act 3 yet?
    I guess literally everyone in the community isn't "reasonable"
    Reasonable being those that weren't saying 2 6-Star Crystals and 50% of a T5CC.
    As in was a 10% selector unreasonable

Selectors are rare items, and will not be available in abundance very quickly. I wouldn't expect them in Content very often for at least a year.
    I honestly don't think many people are upset about the T5CC. Combined with the Legendary SQ, it's going to be a lot tbh. But the 6* shards, T5B (in completion), 5* shards, and T2A are all low.
    That's fair. We're not going to agree here because we think this is definitely on par with where an event should be.

A note on completion though is that we made it pretty clear that we are heavily emphasizing Exploration of Chapter and path rewards over Completion. Those exploration rewards you see? A lot of them will not be in exploration, but on paths.
    Quite honestly as an end of the end gamer my only concern is with t2a. Thats just no good. Its lower then the current uc which was already outdated. Some expect way too much which is obvious from some of these comments. But the t2a is a legit concern
    Yeah, shards could definitely use a buff, but the lack of T2A is legit surprising.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    This thread is everything I thought it was going to be. All that hype of constant Cav difficulty threads and we're exactly where I thought we'd be.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback. We built these rewards with a few things in mind: This needs to be sustainable moving forward, it needs to help players strengthen their rosters, and it needs to be what players were asking for.

These rewards were designed with your feedback. We looked at Forum threads, videos, tweets; and had conversations with players. In most of the cases, these rewards exceeded what reasonable Summoners had been asking for.

Also, please keep in mind that we've already announced the new Legendary difficulty for Side Events that will also be a new permanent fixture of the Contest.

"reasonable summoners", meaning kabam employees and people who haven't done act 3 yet?

Selectors are rare items, and will not be available in abundance very quickly. I wouldn't expect them in Content very often for at least a year.
    Giv me one reason why the tier2 aplha is so low is it coming from this ther cler act6 becasse if so not value at all tier2 aplha 10k freg is just Navi to said alest
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Arifutera said:

Add 1 t2 alpha in exploration rewards
    500 6star shards in completion -- 1250
    Add 1000 in exploration -- 5250

I would be super happy with these changes, rest all looks good to me.

This honestly looks fine with me. 2 T2A in rewards overall and I would like to throw in 5000 more 5* shards too, but this is all I would really need to be happy.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

I honestly don't think many people are upset about the T5CC. Combined with the Legendary SQ, it's going to be a lot tbh. But the 6* shards, T5B (in completion), 5* shards, and T2A are all low.
    That's fair. We're not going to agree here because we think this is definitely on par with where an event should be.

A note on completion though is that we made it pretty clear that we are heavily emphasizing Exploration of Chapter and path rewards over Completion. Those exploration rewards you see? A lot of them will not be in exploration, but on paths.
    You definitely think they are on par? What about what your community thinks?
    My community hasn't seen the content, and aren't thinking about the acceleration of resources that will result in the introduction of harder content and Tier 3 Alphas much faster than they would like, and then possibly whatever the successor to 6-Stars is. They also have given us their thoughts in threads and conversations before this one, which the rewards were based on, and are more or less in line with.
    The 6* shards and T2a quantity are very low tbh.

And side note for the UC reward update, if you’re gonna keep throwing all these T4cc crystals at us to add to the pile of them that the majority doesn’t use, can we atleast have some kind of trade in? I’d happily trade in T4cc crystals for T4b or something.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

The community has no idea what reasonable is. I haven't read this entire thread yet but one comment at the top of the last page is asking for a 6* Nexus plus 6* Generic sigs. 2 very rare items that aren't in a lot of content right now. If you read half of the Cav Rewards threads that were posted, you'd also see where expectations far out weigh reasonable. Everyone is trying to cater rewards to their personal needs and that's not what EQ's are about. It's about balance to hit a wide spectrum of players. What if the EQ is super easy to do? Does that increase the value of the rewards then? What if anyone who's fairly deep into Act 6 exploration wise and beat Abyss 100%, breezes through this content? It's good rewards for an easy completion. The people who will really struggle will say the rewards aren't worth the effort, blah, blah, blah but that's only because they aren't ready. We saw this with the last to side quests.

How about we test the content first and then see how the rewards stack in comparison to difficulty.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

The community has no idea what reasonable is. I haven't read this entire thread yet but one comment at the top of the last page is asking for a 6* Nexus plus 6* Generic sigs. 2 very rare items that aren't in a lot of content right now. If you read half of the Cav Rewards threads that were posted, you'd also see where expectations far out weigh reasonable. Everyone is trying to cater rewards to their personal needs and that's not what EQ's are about. It's about balance to hit a wide spectrum of players. What if the EQ is super easy to do? Does that increase the value of the rewards then? What if anyone who's fairly deep into Act 6 exploration wise and beat Abyss 100%, breezes through this content? It's good rewards for an easy completion. The people who will really struggle will say the rewards aren't worth the effort, blah, blah, blah but that's only because they aren't ready. We saw this with the last to side quests.

How about we test the content first and then see how the rewards stack in comparison to difficulty.
    I agree with that last line.
  • Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★

Mixalis said:

We got more for the heralds event, than We're getting for the Cavalier eq.

That is once again very different from a regular Side Quest. You don't usually get to double down on one kind of reward. The Mixed day is a more accurate representation of what a regular Monthly Side Quest for this difficulty would look like.
    Since you say the tier5 cc can not be a selector, than please make it 20% (random) + 10%(spedial objective). It would be a good compromise.

Also, 6 star shards, tier5b and t2a desperataly Need a buff. Please think about it with the team, 6star crystals are ao random and with such bad pool that those shards are not really anything of a good value.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Etjama said:

Sneakyko said:

Hey all,

I agree with that last line.
    And I quote..."These rewards are a joke"

So are we agreeing with Demon's statement or not lol?
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,892 ★★★★★

Hey all,

I strongly disagree with the entirety of this post.

The types of rewards are what we're looking for. However, no endgame player would think that these quantities are sufficient. These are going to age even worse than the UC rewards did.