**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any 'Wise' Players Think Apocalypse will be Broken OP Tier?

DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
Any Analytically Skilled Players or Regular MCOC Players Please Leave Down Your Thoughts

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    not wise or analytically skilled, but Apocalypse is going to be very annoying as a war boss if he wins one fight. You’d have to bait heavies, and when he hits into block it’s a stun.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Anyone Can be Wise...
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    He will be op.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    He seems to be a defensive champion, with some good sinergies.
    But that's it. Probably has low crit rate and damage as well
  • Thechamp8556Thechamp8556 Posts: 33
    I couldn’t find his spotlight. Can someone please post it. Thank you.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    🧐 Hulkbuster will definitely be a good counter to Apocalypse..class advantage and he gets more ramped up against XL champs.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020

I couldn’t find his spotlight. Can someone please post it. Thank you.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/categories/champion-spotlights
    On this category, you will find "all" champion spotlights
  • ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    I Don't Think He Will Be Broken OP But I Think He Will Be God Tier Or A Bit Below
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Depends on his base stats(damage, crit rating, etc.) His abilities are awesome though. If he has reasonable base stats, could be quite easily broken OP for me.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    One could hope but if history says anything the odds are a well known highly desired to be created defensive style champion will not he good to play.

The sales can be driven by his notoriety not his usefulness.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Impossible to say. He does however make AA even more powerfull how it works im actualy fighting and not on paper remains to be seen. But looking forward to seeing both his and prof x (god damn we wanted that wheelchair!!) Synergies in action

Honestly I really only want them for their synergies... Most of them are really strong, and some make really bad champs useable and more fun to play so that’s cool.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Even though he can inflict Stun through your block by his light attack, that is actually with a condition: 4 Genetic Code are needed.

So, you can either solo him or else he will gain one charge and he can stun you through block in the next fight.

If you did die, then in the next fight, you can do the re-parry metho a.k.a well-timed block.

That will not trigger stun as per his mechanic says.

He does have a slightly higher Armor Rating and also some Critical Resistance, but they aren't as high as Doom.

So he will die faster than Doom.

Also, his SP seems punishable compared to Doom.

My own conclusion: he is not gonna be much problem even as a defender. But will be an annoying one as the AW boss
  • ShafeeqShafeeq Posts: 569 ★★★
    He is a tank
  • All about the synergies for me as I'm Mutant heavy.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    didn't we say that Tarrax, Mole man, and air walker was going to be op and the wise players looked at molemans character model and said Sandman was coming ill just wait and take no advice
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    We'll see when he comes out. Every champ looks god tier on paper.