**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Side Quest Replay Bug or infinite rewards

Comments

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Kpatrix said:

If it’s an egregious exploit a ban should be considered. This game has been out for over 5 years, people know how quests and side events work. You don’t get unlimited rewards, it was an obvious bug and an obvious exploit to run it multiple times. 2 or 3 is one thing, but doing more than that and knowing it’s against TOS is another.

This isn’t the first time something like this has happened, long time players should know the rules and either abide by then or face consequences.

I didn’t make a single run, I was at busy at work, but I read the line chatter about it and knew it would be down quickly. Those who spammed runs did it knowing there was a short window to do it in as well. That’s a blatant exploit. A message needs to be sent, if you try to scam the system be prepared for the consequences.

This kind of behavior is why we lost gifting and treasuries and why people have negative units. The game was becoming imbalanced because of fraud and changes had to be made.

I can see why you say this but a ban would be overkill I agree with @zeezee57 that it should be taken away from the account well all except 1 since he should have gotten only 1 in the first place
  • RawrdudeRawrdude Posts: 25
    Kpatrix said:

If it’s an egregious exploit a ban should be considered. This game has been out for over 5 years, people know how quests and side events work. You don’t get unlimited rewards, it was an obvious bug and an obvious exploit to run it multiple times. 2 or 3 is one thing, but doing more than that and knowing it’s against TOS is another.

This isn’t the first time something like this has happened, long time players should know the rules and either abide by then or face consequences.

I didn’t make a single run, I was at busy at work, but I read the line chatter about it and knew it would be down quickly. Those who spammed runs did it knowing there was a short window to do it in as well. That’s a blatant exploit. A message needs to be sent, if you try to scam the system be prepared for the consequences.

This kind of behavior is why we lost gifting and treasuries and why people have negative units. The game was becoming imbalanced because of fraud and changes had to be made.

Not everyone who did multiple runs is in this game for 5 years lol
    I think temporary ban or removal of extra items 😁
  • Sammed_khotSammed_khot Posts: 29
    edited September 2020
    I want to review the option of key of platinum Jones treasure Island. As there wasn't a tag take the key as u r legend ..take the key as u r heroic.. take the key as u r master.. i selected tire four and it goes to legend 🤔 so i want to select the key of my compatibility...add tag must take decision... I want it ... Bugged event...
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    Kpatrix said:

Same here I was at work. Though it may seem a little overboard to ban them, it does at least make rational sense not just off what you said , but if no consequences are taken, then nothing will prevent people from egregiously abusing bugs like this in the future had they happen again.
    If the bans don’t happen, the least they should do is remove the items. Like @zeezee57 said, there just wouldn’t be any motivation at all to spend on this game anymore , if the items weren’t revoked
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

i accidently thought that was a feature and got the rewards twice? am i in danger??

nah you won't get banned or anything
    how wrong i was back then 😂
    I said the same because I assumed we were talking about a few extra runs. Now I have no idea what will happen with the people who spammed it repeatedly. Lol.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 830 ★★★★
    Assuming that number of completions in the side quest is logged server side, it should be straightforward to get a list of which users have completed this particular side quest more than once.

Fixing accounts though could be a significant amount of work I guess, depending on how complex the account records are, and there’s a chance it be too much work in the long run.

I suspect that one option could be to end the summoners appreciation calendar early for anyone who exploited the bug more than once. For the extreme offenders, bans may be the only realistic option.

I’m still waiting to do my first run too, so hopefully we’ll get the side quest back soon.

• SlayerzzSlayerzz Posts: 399
    So the solution for this problem is very much complicated. Because we can't accurately say that the ones who did this quest for multiple times (say around 3-4 times) did it intentionally, there is a good chance that they might have thought that this is in fact one of the feature of the quest. The ones who heavily exploited, for them a ban must be considered. Well I don't know how exactly the game will handle this but if we ask them to take away the resources that people earned from this, it might be difficult. Cause if the players have not used the resource it's a good thing, but what if players have already used their items on someone (for example if they farm rank up materials from this and already have used it on a champion, then how can we take that away??). So thinking of this we might think of reverting accounts. This might be a good solution but there are still some problems as many people have completed different aspects of game during this time. So if they are gonna revert accounts then they must have a compensation for all.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,330 ★★★★★
    This bug has happened so many times a time when it was in questing the people who spammed got a temp ban due to exploit another time removal but i hope kabam issue temp bans for the ones doing it multiple as its absurd how many runs people have done or possibly could have if they were running it and remove the items for sure due to an exploit is an exploit and is against the TOS
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I’m not talking perma-ban, but maybe something in the 24 hour range, even pushed back to off season so whole alliances aren’t affected. Make it a good enough deterrent to make people think twice about abusing exploits.

The amount of work that has to be done to both fix the bug and sort out how to reverse extra rewards is huge, and even though it’s Kabam’s mistake, it takes time away from fixing bugs that are non beneficial to us.

I just feel people need to be held accountable and maybe next time (which will still have same issue with exploiters) people may think twice.

Having the CCP encourage people to be aware of exploiting bugs would be great too. Maybe Dave or Seatin could do a stream explaining why doing this creates a negative experience for everyone.

For the ones who milked it dry 3 day bans would be the way to go, just deferred to off season again to protect alliances where one or two members cashed in.
  • HelluvaPullHelluvaPull Posts: 83
    Slayerzz said:

So the solution for this problem is very much complicated. Because we can't accurately say that the ones who did this quest for multiple times (say around 3-4 times) did it intentionally, there is a good chance that they might have thought that this is in fact one of the feature of the quest. The ones who heavily exploited, for them a ban must be considered. Well I don't know how exactly the game will handle this but if we ask them to take away the resources that people earned from this, it might be difficult. Cause if the players have not used the resource it's a good thing, but what if players have already used their items on someone (for example if they farm rank up materials from this and already have used it on a champion, then how can we take that away??). So thinking of this we might think of reverting accounts. This might be a good solution but there are still some problems as many people have completed different aspects of game during this time. So if they are gonna revert accounts then they must have a compensation for all.

They can have negative quantities of the items that they spend.
    Slayerzz said:

Ok who cares if those that exploited the bug lose their quest progress when facing the reroll??? I mean they would have it easy on themselves not being banned to begin with.

I understand others that didnt exploit dont want the reroll idea, but maybe it should only be targetted to those that exploited. I only mentioned everyone at first as I don’t know if kabam can accurately target every single person that abused it, i was under the assumption that some that did it would’ve dodged the bullet
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    If they aren't going to ban people and strip the stash then everyone who didn't cheat "because that's what exploiters did" should get the highest amount of all the exploits. I want tons of 6 star shards 33 awakening gems sig stones and boat load of gold. I'll be waiting for that or instant karma to all you greedy people.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    MrR0b0t said:

If they aren't going to ban people and strip the stash then everyone who didn't cheat "because that's what exploiters did" should get the highest amount of all the exploits. I want tons of 6 star shards 33 awakening gems sig stones and boat load of gold. I'll be waiting for that or instant karma to all you greedy people.

No one needs to be banned lmao. How are people greedy for taking advantage of an error?

Some of y'all acting like it's the end of the world or something. :/
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

No one needs to be banned lmao. How are people greedy for taking advantage of an error?

It’s unfair to those who weren’t able to exploit the error, plus, as previously stated by Kabam Miike, it’s against the TOS.

MrR0b0t said:

It’s unfair to those who weren’t able to exploit the error, plus, as previously stated by Kabam Miike, it’s against the TOS.
    No, I'm not saying to not revoke the rewards earned, but I'm saying that there doesn't need to be any extra action taken to punish those who took advantage of the error.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

MrR0b0t said:

No, I'm not saying to not revoke the rewards earned, but I'm saying that there doesn't need to be any extra action taken to punish those who took advantage of the error.
    I feel that if someone didn’t know and they didn’t open the stuff, then it can be revoked and left alone. But you can’t get something revoked after you open it, so anyone who farmed this over 10 times would have most likely already opened the stuff. Then what is kabam supposed to do.
  • CowabungaCowabunga Posts: 78 ★★
    If it's not possible to take away rewards without breaking something else, players who didn't exploit the bug should be compensated accordingly to make up for it. Giving out more keys would be fair to everyone just like how they did with rifts.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    See the issue is kabam has told us in the past that people who abuse bugs will get punished. Now there's a large number of players who abused this bug. I'm sure there were also a lot of people who knew about the bug but didn't abuse it, because they didn't want to get banned like kabam said could happen. Leaving these resources for the abusers just punishes the honest players who didn't want to abuse the system and possibly be banned. Leaving the resources rewards those who abused the bug.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★

MrR0b0t said:

Actually, in some egregious cases, I could understand it. Someone that didn't realize and did a few runs isn't exactly the same as someone who may have spammed it knowing there was an issue. Of course that's up to their discretion.
    Exactly. I did one run for the sig stones path, then re-entered the quest to check other paths. Noticed the one I unlocked was still open, so I got curious and ran it again, and got sig stones again. Didn't touch the quest after I realised this was very obviously unintended. I couldn't care less if they take away the sig stones, but a ban would be unfair.

MrR0b0t said:

Actually, in some egregious cases, I could understand it. Someone that didn't realize and did a few runs isn't exactly the same as someone who may have spammed it knowing there was an issue. Of course that's up to their discretion.
    I agree. But if you don't realize after 3 awakening gems that you are stealing then you did it on purpose or have brain damage. Soon as it got leaked guys started to cheat plain and simple.
    Have a feeling that most the ones saying ban isn't necessary are the ones that probably abused it the most and are scared now lol.
    MrR0b0t said:

Have a feeling that most the ones saying ban isn't necessary are the ones that probably abused it the most and are scared now lol.

I only ran it once. Had no idea it could be exploited until after the event had gone down. The generalizations.