**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Merits of Awakening a 6 Star Void vs. 6 Star Cap IW

Octavian88Octavian88 Posts: 7
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Given the complex nature of the game and the various levels and peculiarities of the contest, I realize there is never a one size fits all champ for every scenario. Even moreover, 6 star AG do not come around...well but once or twice a year without completing some heavy content. Since I saved my units and was able to purchase a 6 Star Science AG during the July 4th event, I have been procrastinating for a few months on whom to use it on: my R2 CapIW or my R2 Void. If you had to complete Act 6, Abyss and step up to the new cavalier difficulty, who would you awaken and why?

Both are unreal in the right players hands and both are even better when awakened. I have approx. 115 sig stones that I can push into whomever I awaken. I wouldn't call myself an end game player but I am pretty far along in content and without significant effort, complete Epic based content with not too much difficulty. This is my first post to the forum that I have benefited from for the past 4 years so I'm ready for the discussion.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Cap IW has more reach in the game across content
  • Options
    Good to know about the Abyss. I've not tried it yet but I've seen folks play it. I've seen the arguments for both e.g. synergies vs. standalone champ. I am leaning towards Void since he just slaughters content like a cheat code without much match making. I have most of the synergies for CapIW and frankly speaking, he is my favorite champ in the game but I wreck content even without his dupe. He can show up to any fight without much hassle.

Knowing that I probably won't dupe or get another AG anytime soon, I wanted to make it last. I have a 5 Star awakened CapIW but it's just not the same. Does a Duped CapIW really change the game all that much? I've gone almost 1.5 years without a duped CapIW.
  • Options
    Compelling argument :). I have been crushing dudes without him being duped so I can only imagine how much it changes the game. The incinerate proof factor is also big. The game is going more towards incinerate. CapIW can shrug them off but Void doesn't even have that issue.
  • Options
    HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    Pick the person you play most, if you play them equally. Just pick the majority of what players are saying. I havent played enough to say which champ is better
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    CAP IW but you need around sig 200 to use them both
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Cap's awakened ability isn't reliable until he's sig 300. Void is totally usable at sig 1. I'd go with him.

Lol, 200*. Too late to edit.
  • Options
    6 star sig stones...especially generic are rare as heck. While I would take capiw to sig 115 in a heartbeat...im not sure it gets me as much for at least the next year as a higher sig Void. Love hearing he is good for 6.2 and beyond, abyss etc. That is content I've been to lazy to conquer yet. This is helpful guys. Maybe I'll dupe on of them next 6 star roll.....
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    CapIW at max sig is better than Void at max sig since he has more reach and can do a few more things. However, given the rarity of six star sig stones, Void is definitely the one you should go for since even at sig1, his awakened ability is huge. His awakened ability gets better as it gets higher but is still useable at a low sig whereas CapIW needs to be max sig and his awakened ability isn’t even 100% reliable until it is max sig.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    The only big thing you miss out on with a mid-sig cap is the skill shrug off. While that is one of his best pieces of utility that isn’t shared by many others, it’s not all he is. Armor breaks boost your damage a ton. Petrify disables Dooms aura and helps mitigate regen/power gain. I would lean towards Cap simply because I find myself using him more often. Granted, my CAIW is sig200, but I used him all the time when I first got him to 64% chance to trigger. My void (high sig) is great, but Cap just covers more ground in most cases.
  • Options
    I forgot about that Skill synergy with Cap.
    Good call out. My capiw doesn't handle doom nearly as welll as my unduped void so I was hoping by being awkened, it would make wars a bit more manageable. Dooms everywhere.

After however many years with no 5 star capiw, I just pulled him and used one of my 4 science AG on him. He will quickly be sig 200 and a R5. Just in the advent of 6 Stars going to R3 and 5 stars having that 2018 4 star feeling (losing some ground), I just didn't want to throw my lot into the wrong horse, just the best horse.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

As a proud owner of an R2, sig 160 VOID, I have ZERO regrets and will be taking him to R3 as soon as I get a chance.

He’s just good for so much that he doesn’t even get a lot of credit for.

Void at r3 is insane. I love mine so much, he's perfect for merking Dooms.
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302

Good to know about the Abyss. I've not tried it yet but I've seen folks play it. I've seen the arguments for both e.g. synergies vs. standalone champ. I am leaning towards Void since he just slaughters content like a cheat code without much match making. I have most of the synergies for CapIW and frankly speaking, he is my favorite champ in the game but I wreck content even without his dupe. He can show up to any fight without much hassle.

Knowing that I probably won't dupe or get another AG anytime soon, I wanted to make it last. I have a 5 Star awakened CapIW but it's just not the same. Does a Duped CapIW really change the game all that much? I've gone almost 1.5 years without a duped CapIW.

At max sig Cap can fit in a lot of more situations than unawakened/low sig. You have reliable control of your charges against unstopable without blocking, can mantain with mutants and the best come with 3 different types of useful debuffs and the ability to shrug of debuffs losing one charge. It's so much versatility for one champion that already has powerful damage and insane survivability
  • Options
    j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    Are you set on one or the other? Waiting for another 6* science that could make use of it would also be wise
  • Options
    Well RNG being what it is, I'm not sure who from the science class would be better than these two. Honestly, I have a fully maxed R5 Thing and HT. Neither of those need to be awakened to be masterful. Which other science champs would be better? Since July 4th I've been just trying to dupe one naturally and use the AG on the other but im becoming impatient with all the new, harder content.

CapIW is a road dawg who I can throw anywhere but recently void, even unduped, has become a huge go to for this new content like the herald difficulty. I figured the community, and they haven't disappointed would come back with perspectives I didn't even think of.
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★

Void, Cap IW NEEDS high sig, Void is 100% usable at a lower sig I would go with Void, much better in abyss and amazing in act 6, cap is good in act 6 but not much in abyss.

Absolutely agreed on void being usable at low Sig whereas cap is unreliable at low Sig. But in reality CapIW is great for abyss due to his high damage per hit playstyle and the fact that abyss has no limber. Check out KT1 in his horseman-less abyss streams/guides and you'll realize that instead of being bad he's actually a MVP. But he does require Max Sig tho.
  • Options
    So if i awaken and put 115 sig stones into capiw, its again a wait until i get 85 more stones to take the rng out of his abilities. It sounds the more immediate play is void but for the long haul its capiw. Good to know both help in the Abyss. Im close yo having the pieces to make a run. Either at sig 115 would wreck. Void is better for Act 6?