**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Replay Bug or infinite rewards

Comments

• FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112 β˜…
    how about, stupid question? lol
  • RawrdudeRawrdude Posts: 25 β˜…
    Delete that before kabam reads `ROLLBACK`
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

MrR0b0t said:

If they aren't going to ban people and strip the stash then everyone who didn't cheat "because that's what exploiters did" should get the highest amount of all the exploits. I want tons of 6 star shards 33 awakening gems sig stones and boat load of gold. I'll be waiting for that or instant karma to all you greedy people.

No one needs to be banned lmao. How are people greedy for taking advantage of an error?

Some of y'all acting like it's the end of the world or something. :/
    It’s unfair to those who weren’t able to exploit the error, plus, as previously stated by Kabam Miike, it’s against the TOS.
    No, I'm not saying to not revoke the rewards earned, but I'm saying that there doesn't need to be any extra action taken to punish those who took advantage of the error.
    Actually, in some egregious cases, I could understand it. Someone that didn't realize and did a few runs isn't exactly the same as someone who may have spammed it knowing there was an issue. Of course that's up to their discretion.
    But it's just taking advantage of a bug. Plenty of people have done this, ie. the Morningstar/CV bug with the Champion, extra compensation, extra Namor/Cull dupes. Why should people be punished for something that Kabam didn't do right?

MrR0b0t said:

If they aren't going to ban people and strip the stash then everyone who didn't cheat "because that's what exploiters did" should get the highest amount of all the exploits. I want tons of 6 star shards 33 awakening gems sig stones and boat load of gold. I'll be waiting for that or instant karma to all you greedy people.

No one needs to be banned lmao. How are people greedy for taking advantage of an error?

It’s unfair to those who weren’t able to exploit the error, plus, as previously stated by Kabam Miike, it’s against the TOS.
    No, I'm not saying to not revoke the rewards earned, but I'm saying that there doesn't need to be any extra action taken to punish those who took advantage of the error.
    I feel that if someone didn’t know and they didn’t open the stuff, then it can be revoked and left alone. But you can’t get something revoked after you open it, so anyone who farmed this over 10 times would have most likely already opened the stuff. Then what is kabam supposed to do.
    That's why I'm in favor of revoking or a rollback, but why should action be taken on certain individuals?

I just don't get why people want to punish morally bad behavior. It doesn't affect you as a player if someone is left unbanned, providing all their extra resources are revoked. Why incite a riot over people who did the "wrong" thing?
    In the case of Morningstar, people were playing with the Champs as they were. Extra Compensation was just something that happened server side, along with the extra Dups. Those weren't things that happened as a result of people going out of their way to take advantage of it. I suppose you might be able to loosely apply Morningstar, but that wasn't even acknowledged as a bug until later. With this, people went out of their way to exploit a glitch in the game, which is what I call the cases where people repeatedly spammed it to the tune of substantial Rewards. There's only so many times you can do something before it's no longer a mistake.
    Yes, people were probably aware that they were exploiting, but my question is why should they be punished? It's Kabam's fault that they were allowed to re-gain those rewards. Hell, anyone was allowed to regain their rewards, so it wasn't really an unfair advantage, since everyone had access to it.

Kabam handled the Red Rift error well, and as far as I know, they didn't ban anyone who purchased Rift Detectors freely at no Intel cost. If that's the case, why should they ban people now?
    It was Kabam's fault that the glitch was present. (Although not necessarily because it could have been an error with the server, but it's their game, so yes.)
    What people do is their own responsibility. That's taking advantage of and exploiting the game for unfair advantages. It's actually against TOS. Someone can forget to set the alarm at the bank, but the robber is still legally responsible for robbing it.
    I understand that it's against TOS, but the exploitation of any bug is against the TOS, yet I don't see Kabam banning everyone who's taken advantage of a bug. Not that I have a say in what Kabam can or cannot do, but having discrepancies when deciding to punish or not isn't the best.

It's still illegal to rob a bank if there was no alarm, yes, but what if the bank hadn't pressed charges on most robbers when they've robbed the bank? Sure, robbing a bank is still illegal, but it gives the jury a reason to doubt.

Again, robbing a bank is still illegal, and taking advantage of any bug is still against the TOS, but why should Kabam punish some exploits and not others?

It won't affect me if they do decide to punish people anyway. 🀷
    I have yet to see a bank that won't press charges when they're robbed. Your other examples aren't really examples of people taking advantage of something.
    Exactly. That means a bank really isn't a good example to use.

Did people not take advantage of the Rift Detector bug? Do people not take advantage of character bugs? Do people not take advantage of reward bugs?

Bugs are bugs, regardless of how detrimental they are. As Kabam has pointed out in their TOS, the exploitation of any bugs is against the TOS, and although the extent of punishment is at their discretion, I just find it a bit odd how they pick and choose which exploits to punish and which ones, not.
    No, people didn't take advantage of the Rewards that were erroneously sent to them. They benefitted from them in some cases because they were allowed to keep them, but they didn't take advantage of them. That's not anything that was in their control.
    People benefit from Champion bugs all the time. Anyone that uses a Champ in their current state is benefitting from it. There's grey area because they're using the Champs as they are, not actively going out of their way to exploit it. Sometimes they know it's bugged and cheese some content. Could they make an argument that their Rewards should be taken? Sure. More often than not, the numbers are small, and it's only content that has been done once. Not repeatedly for compounding Rewards.
    People who abuse an open door are not the same, quite frankly. That's a very deliberate and clear violation made repeatedly, to the tune of often game-breaking proportions.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DeadPooop said:

Oh i feel the infamous rollback comming πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They can't. It would ruin so many other things for other people.
  • StarRaid99oStarRaid99o Posts: 5 β˜…
    I’m concerned that I may get banned I did the treasure island 3 times for sig stones but I didn’t know or think that it would be infinite I haven’t used them so I wouldn’t mind if the taken but will I get banned?
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 β˜…β˜…
    Am I the only one that still doesn't have the event?

Am I the only one that still doesn't have the event?

Everyone doesn't have it
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

MrR0b0t said:

Actually, in some egregious cases, I could understand it. Someone that didn't realize and did a few runs isn't exactly the same as someone who may have spammed it knowing there was an issue. Of course that's up to their discretion.
    But it's just taking advantage of a bug. Plenty of people have done this, ie. the Morningstar/CV bug with the Champion, extra compensation, extra Namor/Cull dupes. Why should people be punished for something that Kabam didn't do right?

MrR0b0t said:

I feel that if someone didn’t know and they didn’t open the stuff, then it can be revoked and left alone. But you can’t get something revoked after you open it, so anyone who farmed this over 10 times would have most likely already opened the stuff. Then what is kabam supposed to do.
    That's why I'm in favor of revoking or a rollback, but why should action be taken on certain individuals?

I just don't get why people want to punish morally bad behavior. It doesn't affect you as a player if someone is left unbanned, providing all their extra resources are revoked. Why incite a riot over people who did the "wrong" thing?
    In the case of Morningstar, people were playing with the Champs as they were. Extra Compensation was just something that happened server side, along with the extra Dups. Those weren't things that happened as a result of people going out of their way to take advantage of it. I suppose you might be able to loosely apply Morningstar, but that wasn't even acknowledged as a bug until later. With this, people went out of their way to exploit a glitch in the game, which is what I call the cases where people repeatedly spammed it to the tune of substantial Rewards. There's only so many times you can do something before it's no longer a mistake.
    Yes, people were probably aware that they were exploiting, but my question is why should they be punished? It's Kabam's fault that they were allowed to re-gain those rewards. Hell, anyone was allowed to regain their rewards, so it wasn't really an unfair advantage, since everyone had access to it.

Kabam handled the Red Rift error well, and as far as I know, they didn't ban anyone who purchased Rift Detectors freely at no Intel cost. If that's the case, why should they ban people now?
    It was Kabam's fault that the glitch was present. (Although not necessarily because it could have been an error with the server, but it's their game, so yes.)
    What people do is their own responsibility. That's taking advantage of and exploiting the game for unfair advantages. It's actually against TOS. Someone can forget to set the alarm at the bank, but the robber is still legally responsible for robbing it.
    I understand that it's against TOS, but the exploitation of any bug is against the TOS, yet I don't see Kabam banning everyone who's taken advantage of a bug. Not that I have a say in what Kabam can or cannot do, but having discrepancies when deciding to punish or not isn't the best.

It's still illegal to rob a bank if there was no alarm, yes, but what if the bank hadn't pressed charges on most robbers when they've robbed the bank? Sure, robbing a bank is still illegal, but it gives the jury a reason to doubt.

Again, robbing a bank is still illegal, and taking advantage of any bug is still against the TOS, but why should Kabam punish some exploits and not others?

I have yet to see a bank that won't press charges when they're robbed. Your other examples aren't really examples of people taking advantage of something.

Did people not take advantage of the Rift Detector bug? Do people not take advantage of character bugs? Do people not take advantage of reward bugs?

Bugs are bugs, regardless of how detrimental they are. As Kabam has pointed out in their TOS, the exploitation of any bugs is against the TOS, and although the extent of punishment is at their discretion, I just find it a bit odd how they pick and choose which exploits to punish and which ones, not.
    No, people didn't take advantage of the Rewards that were erroneously sent to them. They benefitted from them in some cases because they were allowed to keep them, but they didn't take advantage of them. That's not anything that was in their control.
    People benefit from Champion bugs all the time. Anyone that uses a Champ in their current state is benefitting from it. There's grey area because they're using the Champs as they are, not actively going out of their way to exploit it. Sometimes they know it's bugged and cheese some content. Could they make an argument that their Rewards should be taken? Sure. More often than not, the numbers are small, and it's only content that has been done once. Not repeatedly for compounding Rewards.
    People who abuse an open door are not the same, quite frankly. That's a very deliberate and clear violation made repeatedly, to the tune of often game-breaking proportions.
    But people also purposely went out of their way to complete content to exploit the rewards bug.

People were doing the quest as it worked, just like how people were using the bugged champions as they worked.

Was it intended to give players infinite amounts of a resource? No, but did it work that way? Yes.
    Were characters intended to be able to chain heavies from combos, for example? No, but did it work that way? Yes.

Also, why should Kabam not punish a group of people just because their numbers are small? A small percentage of the population commits violent crimes. Does that mean they shouldn't be punished? Numbers don't matter. If you commit a crime/exploit a bug, you should either be punished or not. Why should some people be able to go scot-free while others are banned for exploiting bugs?

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

But people also purposely went out of their way to complete content to exploit the rewards bug.

People were doing the quest as it worked, just like how people were using the bugged champions as they worked.

Was it intended to give players infinite amounts of a resource? No, but did it work that way? Yes.
    Were characters intended to be able to chain heavies from combos, for example? No, but did it work that way? Yes.

Also, why should Kabam not punish a group of people just because their numbers are small? A small percentage of the population commits violent crimes. Does that mean they shouldn't be punished? Numbers don't matter. If you commit a crime/exploit a bug, you should either be punished or not. Why should some people be able to go scot-free while others are banned for exploiting bugs?
    Numbers matter when you're gauging the overall effect that the exploit has on the game overall, and the extent it was exploited.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

Numbers matter when you're gauging the overall effect that the exploit has on the game overall, and the extent it was exploited.
    Not when you're deciding whether an individual is guilty or not.

All violations of the TOS should be treated the same way, as violations of the TOS.
  • NavieenNavieen Posts: 137 β˜…β˜…
    It’s been 20 hours, and they said at 12:50 am GMT that they were β€˜double checking’ as they already had a solution ready. Does β€˜double checking’ take 20 hours :/

MrR0b0t said:

MrR0b0t said:

Not when you're deciding whether an individual is guilty or not.

All violations of the TOS should be treated the same way, as violations of the TOS.
    When people are playing content as it's intended, that's not the same. Rewards are bugged and give extra, Champ is bugged and does more damage....that falls under the category of normal game play. There's grey area. Is it fair they got more than others? No. We all know what fair means. Situations aren't always so cut and dry. In this case, you have people who didn't just play the content once, they realized it was giving infinite Rewards, and in some cases, milked it as far as they could. Those cases are more egregious.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    Crcrcrc said:

DeadPooop said:

Oh i feel the infamous rollback comming πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

They can't. It would ruin so many other things for other people.
    Dude, get off the forums. Its hard to take anything you say seriously since you were legit panicking about being banned for doing it yourself. You’re just trying to be slick now and using that bs excuse to avoid losing your items ( as are half of the people here arguing that the items shouldn’t be removed)

If they can target the people that abused the bug separately, then a rollback is justified, and honestly the most efficient solution as others wont be impacted. The global rollback only is an option if its difficult for them to individually target those that did it
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Posts: 238 β˜…β˜…
    Thanks, @Crcrcrc. No word from Kabam on an ETA, I suppose. Didn't see any on this thread, at least.
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234 β˜…
    Can't wait to see which big boy alliances been hit with the ban smack down give it 3 days and I'll start looking. No darn well these guys not going offline that long in those alliances.
    Lmao half of the people aren't banned yet,I think whoever did 3/4 times is safe πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. So smart of kabam to ban only 4+
  • SatomiSatomi Posts: 87 β˜…
    Rawrdude said:

Lmao half of the people aren't banned yet,I think whoever did 3/4 times is safe πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. So smart of kabam to ban only 4+

Not true. Only people who did it 2 times max in total were not banned, only their awards got taken away
    Satomi said:

Rawrdude said:

Not true. Only people who did it 2 times max in total were not banned, only their awards got taken away
    My 3 friends have done it 3 times and they didn't get any ban. I think they used 2 of it.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

am i the only one who was asleep when this fiasco happened?

I'm from the other side of the world. I actually sleep early to wake up early and play the new side quest I was excited about... went to the forums for the fiesta instead.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,356 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited September 2020
    Rawrdude said:

I said the same because I assumed we were talking about a few extra runs. Now I have no idea what will happen with the people who spammed it repeatedly. Lol.

I said it on page one, guys.

i accidently thought that was a feature and got the rewards twice? am i in danger??

Twice will be fine. Twenty times might be a problem.
    Personally I'm totally happy with removal of stuff for minor transgressions, and week-long bans for the worst offenders.

Anyone abusing it (in Epic or Legendary) to get dozens of AGs or thousands of shards must have been playing long enough to know it was an exploit.

Is there an Alliance War on? Good!

People who abuse exploits like this knowing that it is cheating won't feel guilty about being caught; not will they be dissuaded from future exploits if all that happens is things are 'reset' with no punishment.

Experiencing the disappointment and opprobrium of their Alliance teammates might actually get the message across that exploiting bugs is something they shouldn't do next time they get the chance.
  • If Rich is here then Hi
    I only did a minor transgression and got the full week though
  • TreininTreinin Posts: 215 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Did they ever address whether the additional items collected through this exploit would be removed or not?

I feel like a week ban is worth it if you grabbed a duped platinum pool and 20k units, or like 20 AGs. Probably not for a few sig stones, but still wondering if they will be 'correcting' the accounts while they are banned.
    Treinin said:

Did they ever address whether the additional items collected through this exploit would be removed or not?

I feel like a week ban is worth it if you grabbed a duped platinum pool and 20k units, or like 20 AGs. Probably not for a few sig stones, but still wondering if they will be 'correcting' the accounts while they are banned.

They will even if you have 3/4 extra ags