**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    It's in their ToS. Just be happy you learned it now instead of later when you're in a high alliance that can't afford to keep you in without participating in AQ or AE for a week.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

When you finished the path, the repeat quest icon appeared, so yeah they did allow it.

Clearly a bug. If you knew the parameters of the quest going into it, you knew it was wrong.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Also another problem with banning ppl... did they remove the items from the account? If not then what does the ban actually fix? You can not get thousands of six shards in a week, so how does it mean fair to the others who did not break tos?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

When you finished the path, the repeat quest icon appeared, so yeah they did allow it.

you can enter the quest as many times as you want. you shouldn't be able to farm rewards over and over
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Daphboy said:

33 awakening gems?
    Free

Thousands of 6* shards?
    Free

The reactions of the people who knowingly exploited a bug yet still fain ignorance when they are punished?
    Priceless

lmao that was beautiful
    For everything else, there's Mastercard
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

Also another problem with banning ppl... did they remove the items from the account? If not then what does the ban actually fix? You can not get thousands of six shards in a week, so how does it mean fair to the others who did not break tos?

They're are getting rid of all extra rewards. They will keep the amount of rewards you would've got from 1 run, not 20.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

They are also stripping rewards from the players that got banned during the period they are banned
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it’s the first time they’ve banned for minor exploits

Wasn’t there an exploit pretty similar to this a couple years ago that people got banned for? 90% certain there was.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16846/regarding-repeat-quest-rewards-exploit-clarification-added

Yes there was. As far as I can recall even players who didn’t use the exploit much got some level of punishment.
  • MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102

my alliance mate was banned. What the hell Kabam? A week BAN?! A week. The way the banning thing works is you get banned for a week, then a month, then 6 months and then a permanent ban. So people who got banned right now will end up getting banned for a month if Kabam screws up again and throws a ban wave like this again. This needs to be fixed. This can really mess up people's AW and AQ. It did for me. Unban everyone who got banned. And if Kabam is so butt hurt people took advantage of the glitch, just take the rewards away from them. But this can be a problem. Since the AG is a crystal, if the player got, let's say, 20 AGs and used all of them on champions it would be impossible to take away there rewards. Kabam should just figure something out and get the side event back and running ASAP!!

How entitled do you think you are? Just because they messed up a little bit doesnt mean u get to exploit the hell out of it,imagine if u loose a fight with one of your champs and kabam decides you messed up and always throw abyss level enemies at you in all content, wyd?
  • StopNTakeStopNTake Posts: 50
    edited September 2020
    Well I have done the same path twice (one first, one extra) without knowing it was a bug. At the end of my second run however, I realized this was something wrong because I got the same reward again instead of a different one (this was my intention of doing it one more time, a different reward from one of those difficulty rewards like gold, signature stones etc.). It was my fault not reading carefully the event description but I genuinely did not want to exploit. I can log in to the game at the moment but I don't know if they will ban me soon. I just want the extra reward to be taken away from me as soon as possible since I haven't used any of the awakening gems yet because I know I didn't deserve the extra one. I feel really bad because of what happened.
  • BinweevilBinweevil Posts: 29

Extremely unfair. Multiple factors should be taken and reviewed before any ban is implemented. Less hours to those who didnt abuse as much should be done

What they gonna go through every person and ban them personally? They only got like 200 employees and thousands of players that need to be banned

StopNTake said:

Well I have done the same path twice (one first, one extra) without knowing it was a bug. At the end of my second run however, I realized this was something wrong because I got the same reward again instead of a different one (this was my intention of doing it one more time, a different reward from one of those difficulty rewards like gold, signature stones etc.). It was my fault not reading carefully the event description but I genuinely did not want to exploit. I can log in to the game at the moment but I don't know if they will ban me soon. I just want the extra reward to be taken away from me as soon as possible since I don't use any of the awakening gems. I feel really bad because of what happened.

From what I’ve seen 3 or more you get banned 1-2 are completely fine so far it seems. I think you’ll be fine
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Clearly a bug. If you knew the parameters of the quest going into it, you knew it was wrong.
    well actually, you can repeat the quest a billion times if you wanted. the bug was the rewards still being there
  • HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29

Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

we getting punished face of kabam's mistake lmfao

Kabam didn't force you to abuse the bug. You did that. You're getting punished for your actions. Grow up.

then they need better testers, how we do know that was bug when we playing at second or third times? lol
    So you expect us to believe you thought you were legitimately able to collect the same reward multiple times? What would be the point of daily keys if that were the case? Did you also think you could collect the entire map every day once you unlocked it all? Stop being disingenuous and take responsibility.
    this punishment is not true way. Kabam make mistake and players maked a mistake too. I think decreasing their join this event entry. Ex. U played three times bug, then you'll lose 3 join entry. that's better than that. I dont have nice account and dont care about that ban but, bigger players and alliances are right about that ban.
    There's really good rewards in each, so if they got that 3 times I think they deserve to lose 2 of them. For example a 6* AW gem, not really fair to let them have 3 then just lose 3 entries. It would basically make a really easy daily quest OP for giving super good reward.
  • ARSAMARSAM Posts: 11
    edited September 2020
    Am I missing something or are they taking back those 6star or 5star shards as well as ...plus 20 awakening gems i mean if it's not taken back it's still winning situation for the exploiters
  • oMegaPashaoMegaPasha Posts: 8
    Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

we getting punished face of kabam's mistake lmfao

Kabam didn't force you to abuse the bug. You did that. You're getting punished for your actions. Grow up.

then they need better testers, how we do know that was bug when we playing at second or third times? lol
    So you expect us to believe you thought you were legitimately able to collect the same reward multiple times? What would be the point of daily keys if that were the case? Did you also think you could collect the entire map every day once you unlocked it all? Stop being disingenuous and take responsibility.
    this punishment is not true way. Kabam make mistake and players maked a mistake too. I think decreasing their join this event entry. Ex. U played three times bug, then you'll lose 3 join entry. that's better than that. I dont have nice account and dont care about that ban but, bigger players and alliances are right about that ban.
    Playing hardball is the best way Kabam can make sure people don't do this again. Otherwise a slap on the wrist would be ignored. I fully agree with the bans, and honestly they could've gone further.
    I think u know thats the not first time kabam bugged and gived players multiple rewards from an adventure and they wasn't punished :d
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    ARSAM said:

Am I missing something or are they taking back those 6star or 5star shards as well as ...plus 20 awakening gems i mean if it's not taken back it's still winning situation for the exploiters

Taking back the exploited rewards (leaving reward from first run) and ban
    ARSAM said:

Over the seven days the exploiters are banned they will take the rewards from them well they are banned
  • DNA3000 said:

IKON said:

This isn’t even the first time kabam have banned people for exploiting things... why you all acting so surprised.

Because it's inconsistent. If you want to use banning as a method of punishment for all violations of the TOS, then you can't excuse smaller instances of exploiting.
    This a complete and totally intellectually dishonest argument.

force closes aren't punished like this is because it's because it's gaining items and unlevelling the playing field. Saving 1 revive at the cost of half your health isn't comparable to gaining several AGs or thousands of 6* shards. I know that you know this.

We have real world examples as we, such as a misdemeanors and felonys, and different punishments even within the subgroups.

Even if we go down your road, it's well within Kabams rights to enforce the TOS as it sees fit.
    Force closing doesn't always take half your health. Even if it's minor, it's still a TOS violation.

I'm not disagreeing in that quitting out is on the same level as farming. However, both are still violations and should be treated as such.

I recognize that I have no say in how Kabam treated its violations, but all I can say is that the way they're doing things is messy.

My solution? Punish each and every instance of bug exploits, whether it be force-quitting, farming, character bug exploits, etc. Why should the smaller violations go unpunished?
    If we don't put jaywalkers in jail, we're hypocrites for putting murderers in jail, is your argument? That in your perfect world there's no room for judgment or discretion or practical considerations? Its just legal, or illegal, and nothing in between?
    That's a false interpretation of what I said.

Yes, murderers belong in jail because they committed a crime. However, jaywalkers shouldn't go to jail because their crime wasn't as big, however, they should still be punished since they committed a crime, hence a ticket or fine of some sort.

Violations are violations and they should all be punished unless there is a reasonable explanation as to why such a violation was committed.
    Except no municipality punishes all jaywalkers, even when the violation happens right in front of a police officer. I'll grant that I should have said that jaywalkers should be cited not jailed as a legal technicality, but the rest still stands. You're saying that all municipalities are hypocrites, because they don't stop and punish *all* violations of the law the moment they are witnessed, without regard to priority or practicality.

More directly, no municipality enforces the speed limit. Everyone knows the cops won't pull you over for doing 2 mph over the limit. But speeders do get tagged. So should their defense be that since the guy who was doing 57 in a 55 zone wasn't tagged, they shouldn't expect that doing 85 in a 55 zone would get him tagged?
This discussion has been closed.