**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    To everyone on here and reading this crying about how unfair the bans are and how it’s gonna affect your alliance in AQ and AW, did you actually think farming valuable resources like AG’s and 6-star shards multiple times was put into the game by design? Anyone with an ounce of common sense would know that it was a bug and should have been left alone. How anyone can defend this type of action by saying they didn’t know it was a bug is beyond me.

There has been a few other instances where bugs were exploited and Kabam let them slide (when they shouldn’t have), but this was too unbalanced a bug to take no action on, and I’m glad they have done so.

So for a few moments of greed, you have screwed yourselves out of SA login rewards, and your alliance in AQ and AW. Take your week-long punishment and be grateful it wasn’t a permanent one, like what happened to many other players when a similar situation happened in 2017.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Morale of the story: Don't leave the doors open and unlocked to your house then act surprised when you get robbed. But then again don't be a robber that gets CAUGHT red handed and you're excuse is that they left the doors wide open.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Habstrakt said:

So many ignorant commenters one here, bunch of sheep. “you break terms of service” blah blah.... show me where it says not to run a quest more than once.ill wait

It says abusing an exploit (Which getting the same reward more than once is) will result in a 1 week ban
    Never run a daily cat quest more than once and gotten a chest on a path that you already completed?
    They already said the path would stay open and they set a president for chests staying on completed paths to be collected again but now they've decided to ban people without explaining when that is OK to do and when it isn't and hidden behind VERY loose 'see out ToS' explination.
    Very loose? This is very loose?

That is lose. 'Intended purpose' which wasn't made clear even when people asked.
    And, saying they KNOW, without reasonable doubt, that people definitely did use their glitch in order to gain.
    They can't possibly KNOW that for a fact.
    Lol so stupid. Ignorance is bliss right? Don't worry, I only loosely think you don't have a clue.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

These bans suck imo. A guy in my ally got banned and all he did was get extra t4cc. I think they should've evaluated further before dishing em out.

Sucks to be that robber, the safe only had 20 in it, the fact that he illegally broke into it should not matter, right?
  • Dnegrin6969Dnegrin6969 Posts: 253 ★★
    So I didn’t I was gonna save my things and do it all at once or something like that. Mostly I just waited to see where the ags were on another persons account. Than I checked and it was fine. Heard about the ban and stuff. So some people did it like twice or three times and some people did the quest 50 times. Honestly they knew what they were doing and Kabam has every right to ban them. But are they still gonna get the rewards when they come back. Cause what if they used or opened all of it already? Not jealous just curious.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    E_Rich423 said:

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    What a joke! WHAT was the true purpose of even leaving the path open to begin with? Why even have it out there. You left the T2A icons out in 6.3, so if we explored it again and got the t2a that violates terms of service? Yet if we ran that path and DIDNT get it, even though it clearly shows them on the path, tough luck, its a glitch? Please explain the difference.
    To remember what Path you did, for starters.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    Question to the people arguing against the ban: do you think you will convince kabam to unban you? I guarantee you won't. And you're just wasting time here.

And to whoever didn't get banned: #NoBanGangStrong can we get a title or something?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't care about what they do with SA points. I would like SA and AQ rewards to come though...
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

Just gonna leave this here for those who like to say how we're we supposed to know
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Lormif said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

These bans suck imo. A guy in my ally got banned and all he did was get extra t4cc. I think they should've evaluated further before dishing em out.

Sucks to be that robber, the safe only had 20 in it, the fact that he illegally broke into it should not matter, right?
    It's just t4cc it's not even that big of a deal.
    Same could be said for the 20 the crook stole, does not make it legal, nor does it mean he should not be punished.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

So I didn’t I was gonna save my things and do it all at once or something like that. Mostly I just waited to see where the ags were on another persons account. Than I checked and it was fine. Heard about the ban and stuff. So some people did it like twice or three times and some people did the quest 50 times. Honestly they knew what they were doing and Kabam has every right to ban them. But are they still gonna get the rewards when they come back. Cause what if they used or opened all of it already? Not jealous just curious.

It is all removed
    #BanGang heh
    Snizzbar said:

Loving the thread, loving the salty tears, loving the ban wave for the exploiters.
    2020 just got a whole lot better

What a banner day. We agree on something!
  • Cheers all
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    interesting to see the reaction though ... i mean what they did was wrong. Kabam is (in their own way) trying to promote an honorable community of gamers who don't just take advantage of bugs (company made or otherwise). doing the right thing is so lost in today's world.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

Just gonna leave this here for those who like to say how we're we supposed to know

Exactly.
    Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

You sir are something else. 👍

Mcord117 said:

Whatever it’s not my issue I was waiting for the map to come out so I have not run a single path. The burden is on the multi million dollar company to make sure when they release something it’s right. Man would it be great if I got to blame my customers for taking advantage of every time my company messed up. It doesn’t happen that way in business, you own your mistake and you move on

Wait, I work in retail. So shoplifters stealing is the company's fault as well? Because they didn't test whether someone can walk out the door with it over and over so the company gets what it deserves? The shoplifter isn't to blame because, even though they know what they are doing is wrong, it's the company's fault?

False equivalency. This isn’t stealing, the is the equivalent of putting in your advertisement buy one get one free but when the shopper shows up the sign says buy one get all free. Is the burden on the person who made the sign or those who read it?

I get that people abused this to be clear. I take major offense to the entity that actually made the mistake taking zero responsibility and harshly punishing those who realized there was a mistake. There has been no consistency in how they handle these matters. Sometimes they say, this was not intended but keep your revives, other times they say this is a violation of tos. The entity at fault here is the producer of the content not the player. Take the items back, I am fine with that, ban accounts involved in war season, some that may have spent small fortunes on this game, yeah that’s bs. Own your mistake, apologize for not testing your own product, come up with a resolution that shows you understand you screwed up and want to move forward
    Wow what a convincing argument. You did it. Kabam, please unban this guy. This was masterful.

NOT
    Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

False equivalency. This isn’t stealing, the is the equivalent of putting in your advertisement buy one get one free but when the shopper shows up the sign says buy one get all free. Is the burden on the person who made the sign or those who read it?

I get that people abused this to be clear. I take major offense to the entity that actually made the mistake taking zero responsibility and harshly punishing those who realized there was a mistake. There has been no consistency in how they handle these matters. Sometimes they say, this was not intended but keep your revives, other times they say this is a violation of tos. The entity at fault here is the producer of the content not the player. Take the items back, I am fine with that, ban accounts involved in war season, some that may have spent small fortunes on this game, yeah that’s bs. Own your mistake, apologize for not testing your own product, come up with a resolution that shows you understand you screwed up and want to move forward
    Kabam realized it's responsibility by taking the event down. That's all they need to do. They are not to blame here. I get people.like.you and others want every reason to hate Kabam as much as possible but they are not at fault here. Keep trying though. It's fun watching what excuse comes next. Really good try on this one.
    Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

Mcord117 said:

The false equivalency is yours. they stated you are only allowed to do it once, and it is obvious you are not supposed to get that level of rewards more than once, a better equvolency would be that they left a register drawer open, you know it is wrong to steal, but you did it anyways. Sure the cashier is at fault for leaving it opened, but you are more wrong for stealing from it..... They people in war should have gave greater thought to what they are doing. Being in an alliance and in war is no get out of jail free card, neither is how much you spent. OWN YOUR MISTAKE, and stop blaming Kabam for your poor morals.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    I'm just posting this separately so it doesn't get lost in the mega thread. @Kabam Miike How will you remove the exploited items? What if they got crystal shards and they used it, will they have negative shard amounts?
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★

With that said my eyes are tired after reading 19 pages of drama
    B00tblack said:

That’s literally like putting the blame on someone else because you’re not strong enough to take it yourself. Just remove the goddamn extra rewards off everyone’s accounts. It was your bug. Take responsibility for it and fix it.

Kabam one of your employees literally said on the side event quest thread that you could go back on that path after you went on it the first time and unlocked it with a key. Your lack of communication is a MASSIVE issue and has caused all these bans to happen. It is YOUR bug, so instead of fixing it, you went ahead and banned thousands of players for going back on that open path that we were told you could go back on. Why are you banning people for a week AND removing their rewards? Just remove their rewards. It’s your fault the bug existed. The rewards SHOULD be removed 100% but a 1 week ban is SO unjust. That affects alliances and many other things in game, and it all originated from your bug. Just remove the rewards! We all agree with that! No need to ban! That’s way too compromising!

That is completely out of context and taking some huge liberties in the explanation. The path remains open, yes, but that doesn't mean that you can get the rewards again. The Path remained open so that if you fail to complete the path, you can try it again, and so that you don't make a mistake and take a path where there is no rewards, wasting a key.

We reserve the right to take any action we see fit on accounts that have violated the TOS. You agreed to abide by that when you started playing the game.
    Valid point.
    And no one NEEDS to play this game with endless bugs every month.

Lots of other games out there!
    And they all have endless bugs too.
This discussion has been closed.