**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Let the cheaters in the game. Kabam evil, cheaters good.
    Stop comparing crimes to abusing a bug they are not similar at all
    They break rules. They are the same..
    Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    They are exactly the same., They are violations of the law. In this case the law is the TOS. You broke the TOS, you broke the law. One just happens in the “real world” and one in the “virtual world”
    Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Bro I was legit ready to actually spend some of my money on some Prof X/Apoc cav crystals (my 2 favorite ever champs released in 1 month, 2nd was doom and mr fantastic but I wasn’t playing at the time) but nah not anymore, not after how Kabam handled this situation. And I’m sure many others are gonna become ftp after this just like me. Not worth giving Kabam my money. I feel bad for the people banned who had the sigil because they’re losing value from it every second.

I don't feel bad for anyone that exploited. If they played by the rules, they wouldn't be "losing value" from anything.
    I feel bad for them because they have a 1 week ban, their alliances are being massively affected, and rightfully, their rewards are being removed. And if they’ve given money to Kabam before that must hurt even more. I just think that’s too much. The way Kabam handled this situation tells me that I can’t trust them enough with my money. That’s a different decision for everyone else to make but I’ve made up my mind.
    Lol yes evil Kabam for banning for exploits. I bet you think shoplifters and bank robbers shouldn't be arrested and charged either.

Killing someone and abusing a bug is not similar at this point youre just talking bs
    They are exactly the same., They are violations of the law. In this case the law is the TOS. You broke the TOS, you broke the law. One just happens in the “real world” and one in the “virtual world”
    Im talking about severity one is a major crime while the other is just some virtual things that could have just been taken away
    Right, but now they have to spend time figuring out how to take all those things away and from whom to take them bc you all abused something you absolutely knew wasn't right. The only was to disincentivize people from doing this in the future and making them waste large amounts of time is by there being consequences for having done it. Those consequences are a ban in this instance. Hopefully next time something like this happens the clowns that did this won't be in such a rush to try and massively exploit it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Im talking about severity one is a major crime while the other is just some virtual things that could have just been taken away
    they could have, and then you would not learn your lesson, just like just taking the 20 from someone who robbed a pizza delicvery guy would not teach the robber the lesson.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    edited September 2020
    when this thread will end? once you exploit, no matter 1x or more, means you have a tendency to do bad things while you have an opportunity on something weak. Once you get in, you're a bad guy. banned. bye. see you next 1 week
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    They will take the champ
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    Bahubali said:

So, 168hrs/7 days ban for all who abused it or people who did it like 2times are exempted?

Looks like it. 2 times could easily have been an accident.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Bahubali said:

So, 168hrs/7 days ban for all who abused it or people who did it like 2times are exempted?

Looks like it. 2 times could easily have been an accident.
    2nd time you realize it's an exploit. 3rd time you did it intentionally.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Should have just made all the paths and rewards on those paths random. Then when you repeat the quest, the path you took couldn't be taken again. That way its more frustrating to try to get the one item you want and its business like usual.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Where did i say "killing people"
    we are talking about crimes killing people is a crime
    Riiiiigght
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Not all crimes are killing people, you created a straw man argument to accuse him of a false equivalency.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

Yo. First of all, how is this a breech of terms of service? Nowhere when Kabam advertised this quest did it say not to try and do it multiple times. Not one place. They basically said “here’s this quest And here’s how you get a key to do it”. That’s it. I did it a few times but my path was just sig stones which I don’t need, was just hoping it would change. You guys messed up and are punishing people for your mistake. This is wrong.

Sucks to suck.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Arsoz said:

Nakuul said:

Riiiiigght
    That is nervracking...
  • E_Rich423E_Rich423 Posts: 121 ★★
    REGARDLESS of everything, 7 days is absolutely ridiculously too long. Kabam, you made your point. You have been extremely lenient in the past, and this is your way of laying down the law. But 7 days? Come on now, 3 days I felt was even excessive, but 7?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    E_Rich423 said:

REGARDLESS of everything, 7 days is absolutely ridiculously too long. Kabam, you made your point. You have been extremely lenient in the past, and this is your way of laying down the law. But 7 days? Come on now, 3 days I felt was even excessive, but 7?

Depending on the degree that someone has exploited it, 7 days could be seen as lenient. We choose our actions. We don't get to choose our consequences.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    😂😂😂😂😂 this is why we don't try to exploit bugs ladies and gentlemen
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Nakuul said:

Lormif said:

E_Rich423 said:

7 is pretty darn lenient, in most games you would be creating a new account.
    Agreed. Imagine the saltfest if this was a perma.
    Who says it doesn't turn perma for some potential repeat offenders
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    How many people believe Kabam will actually find every Summoner that got multiple rewards in the bugged Treasure Quest? I have a group of people on Line waiting (who may or many not have gotten multiple rewards) to verify Kabam did what they said they will do. What do you think??
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    What’s funny is that those who didn’t complete a(one) run in time are ultimately punished. I have zero rewards from those quests so far.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    They will
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    This thread is getting really off topic, how have we gone from exploiting bugs to crimes? its also not going anywhere.
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    they already banned like 40% of their entire player base for a week so they’ll probably find the rest
This discussion has been closed.