**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about power technician

LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
Is the 10+ additive or multiplicative? I too civil warrior into cav and with 4 armor ups up still cannot tell any power is drained? Considering kinetic transfer getting furies seems to be pretty impossible

Comments

• j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    seems to be multiplicative in my testing. HTD with 8 armor buffs should only be doing a 3.4% power drain, which is less than the base 5% the AI gets from kinetic transference (up to 10% for perfect block). This is supported by the enemy outgaining HTD's drain in the actual quest.

Only caveat is that he does rarely drain more than the AI gains. Which befuddles me. Soo.... yeah, could be bugged, or either parry with pacify is preventing the kinetic transference (30% reduction AAR- most likely scenario)

All in all, not worth it to try and take advantage of the power technician node
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    j_money1 said:

seems to be multiplicative in my testing. HTD with 8 armor buffs should only be doing a 3.4% power drain, which is less than the base 5% the AI gets from kinetic transference (up to 10% for perfect block). This is supported by the enemy outgaining HTD's drain in the actual quest.

Only caveat is that he does rarely drain more than the AI gains. Which befuddles me. Soo.... yeah, could be bugged, or either parry with pacify is preventing the kinetic transference (30% reduction AAR- most likely scenario)

All in all, not worth it to try and take advantage of the power technician node

yea I abandoned that and went just warlock/2099, I am just trying to figure out what I will do for 4*s
  • j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    Lormif said:

yea I abandoned that and went just warlock/2099, I am just trying to figure out what I will do for 4*s

warlock and starky should work well
  • PushPush Posts: 45
    https://youtu.be/XMFZAiBhpV0

No consistency on the blocks. We could wait forever for this to never get fixed or just git it out. It just means I won’t waste my time ranking a techs with armor for this section. I’ll just use any class.
  • PushPush Posts: 45
    Hmm. Have to rewatch looking for double gain from zero dmg blocks