WHY REMOVE 6* SHARDS FROM UC COMPLETION KABAM?!

12346

Comments

  • Rune_Destroyer1809Rune_Destroyer1809 Posts: 10
    edited September 2020
    My only issue is that when they bought this change they also bought apocalypse as the most annoying champion boss( as compared to other new UC champion bosses bought this year). Also why give 150 units from next month if your are changing the rewards style this month? While i have no issues with reward changes as it makes you fully explore UC difficulty for those who have just became Uncollected so that they understand how node combinations works before starting act 6.
  • Jaded said:

    TyEdge said:

    Jaded said:

    The amount hasn’t changed, just when you get them. If you’re complaining because you are unable to complete uncollected event quest to 100% explored than that’s your goal.

    If you can’t 100% it then...keep trying.
    This is how people progress. Hit a wall, figure out how to move the wall, proceed past the wall.

    I’ve got 20 champs at 5/65 or 6-star 2/35. It sucks that I have to run 30 paths to get 6-star shards from uncollected EQ. It also sucks that I now only get 1500 5-star shards for clearing the first 6 paths instead of 2500. Getting an extra 2/3 of a t2a and eventually some units doesn’t offset that annoyance.
    I’m not saying 5* champions are worthless, I’m saying 10 random sig stones for 5* champions isn’t worth a complaint. If you are not completing uncollected and cavalier difficulty that’s on you unfortunately. Unfortunate because apparently you play the game by avoiding “annoyances”. The only people this effects is those that can not 100% uncollected. While in those situations they probably need to develop their roster more before anyways.

    I understand changing aspects that people are use to can off set their attitude. But nothing changed except a bump in overall rewards. Tbh I’m more worried about the beginner difficulty being removed. I use it for easy units with excess energy. Also have two kids that dabble in the game that attempt monthly quests. 🤷‍♂️.

    Also I’m glad you have 20 r5 5* and 6* r2. I’ve got over 25 5* maxed out. This wasn’t my point what people have in their roster. The point is 10 random sig stones is nearly worthless on any short term or long term goal.
    They will add 150 units in uncollected starting next month
  • Přìņče01Přìņče01 Posts: 189 ★★

    Hey all,

    Thanks for the feedback. The reasoning behind moving 6-Star Shards to Chapter and Act exploration is to encourage more Summoners to focus on individual Chapters, and progress as their roster progresses. While a single Completion pass may have been easy for many of you, a lot of you have been Uncollected for a very long time, and if it's that easy for you, then there is other content to challenge you.

    Exploring 1 Chapter is a lot easier for somebody with a more limited roster than completing a single path of Uncollected, where they'll be facing a 40k+ PI final boss. Before, not being to complete a Single Path meant you got a pretty small amount of 6-Star Shards. Now, if an Uncollected player is only able to complete Chapter 1, they can challenge themselves to explore it over time to empower their roster.

    If you are a Summoner that easily breezed through the UC difficulty, then with the introduction of the new Cav difficulty, we want you focusing on moving up to that (or achieving Cavalier, if you haven't already).

    I know this isn't what everybody wants to hear, but this is a big picture move that is intended to help a lot of players that are still progressing.

    All I’ll say to this is, why not just keep completion rewards and Move some of the ‘act’ exploration rewards to the chapter exploration.
    100% agree if you really want to make rewards path based to help the players who are progressing thn make exploration rewards path based because overall the effort for doing easy path including final boss is still less thn exploring entire chepter 1 and chepter 2....and completion rewards will help progressing players lot more thn this.
    Also when u complete the enitre quest there is a feeling of accomplishment and with that if u get rewards like we used to that feels lot better.
    Again no problem with path based rewards but those should be taken from exploration rewards while keeping the completion rewards same.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 321 ★★
    Djin said:

    Bahubali said:

    Hey all,

    Thanks for the feedback. The reasoning behind moving 6-Star Shards to Chapter and Act exploration is to encourage more Summoners to focus on individual Chapters, and progress as their roster progresses. While a single Completion pass may have been easy for many of you, a lot of you have been Uncollected for a very long time, and if it's that easy for you, then there is other content to challenge you.

    Exploring 1 Chapter is a lot easier for somebody with a more limited roster than completing a single path of Uncollected, where they'll be facing a 40k+ PI final boss. Before, not being to complete a Single Path meant you got a pretty small amount of 6-Star Shards. Now, if an Uncollected player is only able to complete Chapter 1, they can challenge themselves to explore it over time to empower their roster.

    If you are a Summoner that easily breezed through the UC difficulty, then with the introduction of the new Cav difficulty, we want you focusing on moving up to that (or achieving Cavalier, if you haven't already).

    I know this isn't what everybody wants to hear, but this is a big picture move that is intended to help a lot of players that are still progressing.

    I am trying to understand this.. In Uncollected difficulty

    As per my roster, In old format rewards
    I get 300 6* shards for chap 1 exploration
    and 300 6* shards for chap 2 exploration

    I do easy/nodeless path in chap 3..with help of some revives.. which gives me
    100 6* shards from Chap 3 completion
    600 6* shards from Act completion

    So, In total, I used to get 1300 6* shards..

    Doing the same now, with new rewards format gives me only 1000 6* shards..
    500 6* shards each from chap 1 and chap 2 100% exploration..

    So, I am missing out on 300 6* shards.. and there is no way I can get them without 100% exploration, since they are not part of neither completion rewards or individual paths..

    Appreciate you for buffing rewards for UC difficulty but change in rewards format is disappointing especially taking rewards out from completion..
    What about the t5b frag, gold, t4cc crystal and t2a frags? You only need 6* shards to progress?
    You are missing the point here.. Nobody here complaned about rewards buff.. Problem here is with the changed format because of which we are losing out on 6* shards..

    Also, t5b frags, t4cc and t2a frags can be bought from glory store.. where do we get 6* shards?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,726 ★★★★★
    Bahubali said:

    Djin said:

    Bahubali said:

    Hey all,

    Thanks for the feedback. The reasoning behind moving 6-Star Shards to Chapter and Act exploration is to encourage more Summoners to focus on individual Chapters, and progress as their roster progresses. While a single Completion pass may have been easy for many of you, a lot of you have been Uncollected for a very long time, and if it's that easy for you, then there is other content to challenge you.

    Exploring 1 Chapter is a lot easier for somebody with a more limited roster than completing a single path of Uncollected, where they'll be facing a 40k+ PI final boss. Before, not being to complete a Single Path meant you got a pretty small amount of 6-Star Shards. Now, if an Uncollected player is only able to complete Chapter 1, they can challenge themselves to explore it over time to empower their roster.

    If you are a Summoner that easily breezed through the UC difficulty, then with the introduction of the new Cav difficulty, we want you focusing on moving up to that (or achieving Cavalier, if you haven't already).

    I know this isn't what everybody wants to hear, but this is a big picture move that is intended to help a lot of players that are still progressing.

    I am trying to understand this.. In Uncollected difficulty

    As per my roster, In old format rewards
    I get 300 6* shards for chap 1 exploration
    and 300 6* shards for chap 2 exploration

    I do easy/nodeless path in chap 3..with help of some revives.. which gives me
    100 6* shards from Chap 3 completion
    600 6* shards from Act completion

    So, In total, I used to get 1300 6* shards..

    Doing the same now, with new rewards format gives me only 1000 6* shards..
    500 6* shards each from chap 1 and chap 2 100% exploration..

    So, I am missing out on 300 6* shards.. and there is no way I can get them without 100% exploration, since they are not part of neither completion rewards or individual paths..

    Appreciate you for buffing rewards for UC difficulty but change in rewards format is disappointing especially taking rewards out from completion..
    What about the t5b frag, gold, t4cc crystal and t2a frags? You only need 6* shards to progress?
    You are missing the point here.. Nobody here complaned about rewards buff.. Problem here is with the changed format because of which we are losing out on 6* shards..

    Also, t5b frags, t4cc and t2a frags can be bought from glory store.. where do we get 6* shards?
    Explore first two chapter get 1000 6* shards.
    You're missing like 200 6* shards.
    Stop complaining.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,231 ★★★★


    Im guessing the data shows a large amount of completions but not explorations for UC players, does the data also track how many items are used for that single run through?

    I know in the early days I brute forced through the boss because it was too far to go to give up.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 321 ★★
    Kabam, for the love of god, please just listen to me! If there is one thing you ever should do it is listen to me saying something 100% amazing for all parties involved:

    1) EQ should function in a way that you complete and explore the highest difficulty you think you can do.
    2) Once you complete or explore that difficulty, it autocompletes all difficulties below it and gives you the rewards from that difficulty plus all the ones you would have gotten from the difficulties below them.
    3) If you want to complete a higher difficulty later
    3) Example 1: As a top tier player, I just want to explore Cavalier difficulty. Once I do that, I get all completion and exploration rewards from Cavalier, uncollected, master, heroic, and normal. All my difficulties say 100% completed and all the rewards were earned.
    3) Example 2: As a mid-tier skilled player, I feel like I can only complete uncollected, once I complete it I get all the rewards from uncollected, master, heroic, and normal, as if I had completed those as well. Later in the month, I decide I want to fully explore cavalier difficulty because I got some good rank ups and lucky pulls, I would get all rewards from exploration from Cavalier, uncollected, master, heroic, and normal.

    or you could go the less favored route and:

    1. Make it so people can only complete one EQ per month and that difficulty includes or has rewards of the tiers below it.

    Either way...the point here is to greatly reduce the pressure on the individual and long-term player burn-out. Why should people have to autofight so many difficultings (beginner, normal, heroic, and master) just to get the units anad t1as and shards and gold and whatnot? It's just crazy and takes away from time to play story content and other fun stuff.
  • AinyAiny Posts: 78
    this change makes complete sense for the new Cavalier difficulty - and I think that's exactly where it should stay. kinda unnecessary for UC, but that's just my two cents.
  • Inferno69Inferno69 Posts: 48
    manan_44 said:

    I can't explore all the uc eq and completion was enough for me. Looks like i'm no longer going to get a 6* champ anymore :(

    Explore the first chapter thats easy and gives 500 6star shards.Im doing the same thing but with first two chapters
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 242 ★★
    leejprice said:

    This change sucks and Kabam should reverse it. Yes the rewards are more and yes I do know how to add up. However I'm not 9, I'm a grown man with a full time job, I'm also not a 'lazy bum' I work darned hard for a living and frankly I just plain don't wanna explore UC, I shouldn't have to change the way I play the game to keep the same rewards. Kabam should not be dictating to me how much time or effort I put in. If I only want to complete UC once for a few 6* shards so I can open a 6* crystal a couple of times a year that's completely my perogative. And it's nobody's place to call me out over that... I could complete UC but I don't wanna. Its boring, running the same darn quest over and over and over and over. Ultimately we can play this game however we want, and no one, not Kabam nor the folk on this forum should dictate how we do. I can't understand why we are so quick to turn on each other over this. You do you. End of.

    I agree. Rewards should be there at a greater rate for those that have the time and effort. But not everyone operates at the same level. Many who could “git gud” and just require practice don’t have the time to devote. It’s basically de-motivating. Especially when you’ve found a comfort level of your own progression. I don’t think Kabam is intentionally dictating people have to increase their progress, but it’s obviously the message many are receiving and seems to be having that affect on a not so small portion of the player base.
  • Hazzalec1Hazzalec1 Posts: 521 ★★★
    I don’t understand why everyone is complaining. The rewards are buffed. Just explore the content. If you can’t be bothered then I guess that’s on you.

    And if you aren’t strong enough to do the content then do master exploration instead. Or just explore 1 or 2 chapters like Miike said.

    Either way you slice it, the rewards are better for the majority of uncollected players who explore the content each month. I like having chapter rewards boosted. It makes me feel like each chapter has its own value and doesn’t make it feel like such a grind because the rewards are more gradual and come in sequentially.

    But that’s just my opinion.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 321 ★★
    Djin said:

    Bahubali said:

    Djin said:

    Bahubali said:

    Hey all,

    Thanks for the feedback. The reasoning behind moving 6-Star Shards to Chapter and Act exploration is to encourage more Summoners to focus on individual Chapters, and progress as their roster progresses. While a single Completion pass may have been easy for many of you, a lot of you have been Uncollected for a very long time, and if it's that easy for you, then there is other content to challenge you.

    Exploring 1 Chapter is a lot easier for somebody with a more limited roster than completing a single path of Uncollected, where they'll be facing a 40k+ PI final boss. Before, not being to complete a Single Path meant you got a pretty small amount of 6-Star Shards. Now, if an Uncollected player is only able to complete Chapter 1, they can challenge themselves to explore it over time to empower their roster.

    If you are a Summoner that easily breezed through the UC difficulty, then with the introduction of the new Cav difficulty, we want you focusing on moving up to that (or achieving Cavalier, if you haven't already).

    I know this isn't what everybody wants to hear, but this is a big picture move that is intended to help a lot of players that are still progressing.

    I am trying to understand this.. In Uncollected difficulty

    As per my roster, In old format rewards
    I get 300 6* shards for chap 1 exploration
    and 300 6* shards for chap 2 exploration

    I do easy/nodeless path in chap 3..with help of some revives.. which gives me
    100 6* shards from Chap 3 completion
    600 6* shards from Act completion

    So, In total, I used to get 1300 6* shards..

    Doing the same now, with new rewards format gives me only 1000 6* shards..
    500 6* shards each from chap 1 and chap 2 100% exploration..

    So, I am missing out on 300 6* shards.. and there is no way I can get them without 100% exploration, since they are not part of neither completion rewards or individual paths..

    Appreciate you for buffing rewards for UC difficulty but change in rewards format is disappointing especially taking rewards out from completion..
    What about the t5b frag, gold, t4cc crystal and t2a frags? You only need 6* shards to progress?
    You are missing the point here.. Nobody here complaned about rewards buff.. Problem here is with the changed format because of which we are losing out on 6* shards..

    Also, t5b frags, t4cc and t2a frags can be bought from glory store.. where do we get 6* shards?
    Explore first two chapter get 1000 6* shards.
    You're missing like 200 6* shards.
    Stop complaining.
    You agree that we are missing 200 6* shards but you dont want people to complain about it.. Lol
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,726 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Bahubali said:

    Djin said:

    Bahubali said:

    Djin said:

    Bahubali said:

    Hey all,

    Thanks for the feedback. The reasoning behind moving 6-Star Shards to Chapter and Act exploration is to encourage more Summoners to focus on individual Chapters, and progress as their roster progresses. While a single Completion pass may have been easy for many of you, a lot of you have been Uncollected for a very long time, and if it's that easy for you, then there is other content to challenge you.

    Exploring 1 Chapter is a lot easier for somebody with a more limited roster than completing a single path of Uncollected, where they'll be facing a 40k+ PI final boss. Before, not being to complete a Single Path meant you got a pretty small amount of 6-Star Shards. Now, if an Uncollected player is only able to complete Chapter 1, they can challenge themselves to explore it over time to empower their roster.

    If you are a Summoner that easily breezed through the UC difficulty, then with the introduction of the new Cav difficulty, we want you focusing on moving up to that (or achieving Cavalier, if you haven't already).

    I know this isn't what everybody wants to hear, but this is a big picture move that is intended to help a lot of players that are still progressing.

    I am trying to understand this.. In Uncollected difficulty

    As per my roster, In old format rewards
    I get 300 6* shards for chap 1 exploration
    and 300 6* shards for chap 2 exploration

    I do easy/nodeless path in chap 3..with help of some revives.. which gives me
    100 6* shards from Chap 3 completion
    600 6* shards from Act completion

    So, In total, I used to get 1300 6* shards..

    Doing the same now, with new rewards format gives me only 1000 6* shards..
    500 6* shards each from chap 1 and chap 2 100% exploration..

    So, I am missing out on 300 6* shards.. and there is no way I can get them without 100% exploration, since they are not part of neither completion rewards or individual paths..

    Appreciate you for buffing rewards for UC difficulty but change in rewards format is disappointing especially taking rewards out from completion..
    What about the t5b frag, gold, t4cc crystal and t2a frags? You only need 6* shards to progress?
    You are missing the point here.. Nobody here complaned about rewards buff.. Problem here is with the changed format because of which we are losing out on 6* shards..

    Also, t5b frags, t4cc and t2a frags can be bought from glory store.. where do we get 6* shards?
    Explore first two chapter get 1000 6* shards.
    You're missing like 200 6* shards.
    Stop complaining.
    You agree that we are missing 200 6* shards but you dont want people to complain about it.. Lol
    For the missing 200 6* shards you are getting 12000 T2A, 100k+ gold and more. You don't have to fight the final boss. If you spend revives on final boss, you are saving your revives.

    I don't really understand what problem people have with this reward structure.
    Even if you do 1 path per day. You can explore first two chapters in 3 weeks. You get overall better rewards than the previous UC completion.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 932 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    This is one of those situations where Kabam MAY have set out with good intentions, but they considered such a limited array of circumstances that they messed things up for a lot of people. That’s very much what happened with AQ tickets when they didn’t implement cost sharing.

    One thing that would go a long way: put 4 sig stones into each chapter completion and remove the 10 from 100%. You get two more stones for doing the whole thing (an insignificant sum considering side events) and they’re still available for clearing.

    Loosely related: here’s where Kabam really blew it with Cavalier. Difficulties overlapped previously. You had to get to uncollected 2.2 to find act 5 difficulty champs and you finished with champs on par with 5.4. Cavalier has champs that sport higher health pools and attack than 6.1. I know the nodes allow certain champs to be more powerful than usual, but this is worse than we saw in Sasquatch expeditions, and it’s worse than 6.1. Sasquatch expeditions were a perfect chapter 1. 6.1 would’ve made a great chapter 2, and Herald difficulty would’ve been a strong chapter 3.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 2,231 ★★★★
    May as well make exploration a prerequisite for unlocking the next chapter over all content and be done with it.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 2,588 ★★★★★

    Hey all,

    Thanks for the feedback. The reasoning behind moving 6-Star Shards to Chapter and Act exploration is to encourage more Summoners to focus on individual Chapters, and progress as their roster progresses. While a single Completion pass may have been easy for many of you, a lot of you have been Uncollected for a very long time, and if it's that easy for you, then there is other content to challenge you.

    Exploring 1 Chapter is a lot easier for somebody with a more limited roster than completing a single path of Uncollected, where they'll be facing a 40k+ PI final boss. Before, not being to complete a Single Path meant you got a pretty small amount of 6-Star Shards. Now, if an Uncollected player is only able to complete Chapter 1, they can challenge themselves to explore it over time to empower their roster.

    If you are a Summoner that easily breezed through the UC difficulty, then with the introduction of the new Cav difficulty, we want you focusing on moving up to that (or achieving Cavalier, if you haven't already).

    I know this isn't what everybody wants to hear, but this is a big picture move that is intended to help a lot of players that are still progressing.

    I disagree. Last month I did a full completion run for the first time. Previously, I only explored the two chapters. This month I won't, because the effort is not reflected in the rewards. There is no point for me going up against Apocalypse and using precious revives for peanuts. I'm not a monkey Kabam.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    If they want to "Buff" the cav rewards, why not keep the 500 6 star shards for each chapters exploration and add back Completion Rewards too, that's a pretty solid buff imo
Sign In or Register to comment.