**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do bosses work in mutant treasure island

I have a question about the new side quest how do the bosses work because I saw it is a random boss from a mutant pool but yesterday I went down a path and got ice man and today got weapon x so does the boss change daily or every time you complete a path

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Every time it’s random
  • MarmMarm Posts: 12
    Yodabolt21 what do you mean by that
  • Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    Marm said:

Yodabolt21 what do you mean by that

every time you run a path the bosses change, they’re completely random every time

Esket1t 420 to change the boss you must beat them
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    It’s random but not real-world random...it’s “Kabam-random”.

Magneto every time so far for me.
    MattMan said:

It’s random but not real-world random...it’s “Kabam-random”.

Magneto every time so far for me.

K thanks
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    They clock in after a tedious commute, chug some coffee, and turn off their brain until you beat them to a pulp. They then clock out and drive back home to their spouses who are too tired to even say "hi".

Theyre also chosen at random and are always mutant.

They clock in after a tedious commute, chug some coffee, and turn off their brain until you beat them to a pulp. They then clock out and drive back home to their spouses who are too tired to even say "hi".

Theyre also chosen at random and are always mutant.

So after you beat them they change
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,605 Guardian
    edited September 2020
    (also for @Toxicshiva, re. his post too).

If you beat the boss, it changes for next time. But if you quit a quest, the same Boss is still there waiting for you next time (as others said).

But also, I don’t think the Boss gets swapped out each day (like it did some months when they had Modok Labs or Rifts).
    Those times the quest panel timer was a Daily Timer, so at end of each day (for example if you couldn’t beat your current boss) you could count on Boss changing the next day (in addition to also changing each time you beat them too).

This time (Mutant Island) the quest panel has a 30+ day Timer on it. So pretty sure (I assume) that you WILL NEED TO beat the boss before it will ever change for next time. No more waiting for an easier boss next day.
    However, Kabam provided a way to just go straight middle to boss (no keys, no reward), at least you will have your full health on all 5 champs to try and get a hard boss down.