**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to get these 2* champions

I've been looking through my roster and comparing to the champions that are actually available as 2*'s. I've opened thousands of PHC crystals and duped MANY MANY times most of my champions. It makes me wonder if there were special events to get these specific champions or if my luck is really THAT bad.

Missing 2* champs
Mutant:
Deadpool (red)
Magneto (marvel now)
Old Man Logan

Mystic:
Dr. Strange
Thor (Jane Foster)

Science:
Captain America WWII
Quake

Skill:
Daredevil (Netflix)
Punisher

Tech:
Vulture
Civil Warrior
War Machine

Are these actually available in 2*'s?

Comments

• Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I don’t think any of these are in the regular crystals and a lot of these are exclusives, but you can get a 2* Punisher from the 1v1 versus crystal.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    War machine is there in the 2* star exclusive crystal

Others were a one time thing
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hawke wrote: »
    I've been looking through my roster and comparing to the champions that are actually available as 2*'s. I've opened thousands of PHC crystals and duped MANY MANY times most of my champions. It makes me wonder if there were special events to get these specific champions or if my luck is really THAT bad.

Missing 2* champs
    Mutant:
    Deadpool (red) -> healing factor arena(special deadpool arena)
    Magneto (marvel now) -> X men crystal that's offered occasionally. Not the same as mutant crystal.
    Old Man Logan -> was in a special wolverine crystal that was given out when Logan movie was released. X23 was also in there as 2*.

Mystic:
    Dr. Strange -> can't remember but had to do with his movie
    Thor (Jane Foster) -> Google play exclusive

Science:
    Captain America WWII -> Google play exclusive
    Quake -> Given out via in-game mail when she was released.

Skill:
    Daredevil (Netflix) -> Given out during a special one time item use event. Was a milestone reward.
    Punisher -> always available in the versus crystal. Not the arena crystal.

Tech:
    Vulture -> marvel insider exclusive
    Civil Warrior -> marvel insider exclusive
    War Machine -> was only available in iron faction crystals during mcoc civil war event last year

Yes, but only previously. Locations listed above.
  • HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    Thanks for all the replies guys. That clears things up.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    The 2* deadpool you have to buy within the first 2 weeks of creating your account. The 2* strange was a deal you had to buy like dp when his movie was released
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Im pretty sure there was a crystal that was released that had Thor Jane foster in it for some day about women. I had the offer to get it and I use Game Center not google play
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    They all have been briefly available through special promotions or like when the Spiderverse crystals were part of 3 day event quests.

Just have to wait for those to come back.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Red deadpool 2* was part of my original team. He was unduped forever since there is no way to dupe him. Obviously now with 2* awakening gems coming out our ears he is awakened lol.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Logan Crystal
    s9xp4ihdc2pr.png

Marvelous Women Crystal
    e5flp51bvmz9.png

• Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Jane Foster was also available in a crystal around Valentines Day for characters that had a romance synergy.
  • FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Why would you want this so called 2* ****?
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    FAL7EN wrote: »

2*s are the best champs in the game
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »

Collection urges
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Boegota wrote: »
    Hello everyone, hope all of you are doing well. Today's questions happen to be these: from a collector's stand point, not from what's going to be best for game play stand point. For the current Marvel Insider Exclusive Rewards, should I pull the trigger on the 2* Blade and hope that I'll have enough points to acquire 3* Morningstar later in the month? I currently have 127,750 points and I believe that I have 20K more coming in from setting up a brand new Marvel Puzzle Quest account back in late Aug. sometime. I believe that the 20K from the new MPQ should show up sometime towards the end of this month or the beginning or middle of Oct. So if I spend 30K for 2* Blade, that'll take me down to 97,750 and 20K new points will bring me back up to 117,750. I then only need to acquire 7,250 more points on activities before the offer expires on 11/12/17. That's doable isn't it? And if not, it shouldn't be too big a deal, right? Because as far as I've researched in the past, new "Marvel Insider Exclusive" 3 Stars are not ever at risk, as far as I found out, only the 2 stars are judging from the answers given above. I'm asking all these questions simply because I once asked this question awhile back:

"If I don't have enough Marvel Insider points at the time that some of these newer 3 Star Marvel Insider promotional Characters get released such as the Green Goblin, will I permanently miss out on them? I wasn't able to secure the Green Goblin because I just couldn't come up with the massive amount of points they wanted for him in time. I'll be pretty disappointed with Kabam if the Green Goblin isn't going to be up for grabs via a random pull off of a 3 star crystal as I was supposed to have obtained him via 125,000 Marvel Insider points instead...."

This is the answer I received:

"Gobby will be added to the crystals on the same schedule as other champions."

So, if new "Marvel Insider Exclusive" 3 Stars are always added to the 3 Star rotation from 3-Star Crystals but new "Marvel Insider Exclusive" 2 Stars are not always included in the Premium Hero Crystal and/or the 2-Star Crystal, if I want to collect everything I can and not miss out on anyone new, I need to snap up these 2 stars and if I don't quite make the cut on having points enough left over for the 3 star bundle, wait until later on down the road when I'm lucky enough to pull that particular 3 Star from a Crystal right?

Everyone let me know your thoughts ASAP so I can make a decision on which bundle to pull the trigger on 1st and thank you everyone in advance for all of the replies I'll receive to this very important matter.

The 2star will be exclusive for some time.

The 3star you can try from the feature crystal when the hero comes out, or the 3star Arena, or if or when there is a special or general release like Jane Foster/Daredevil Netflix in Romance Crystals OR Carnage in Spiderman Quest Crystals

Missing 2* champs
    Mutant:
    Deadpool (red)
    Magneto (marvel now)
    Old Man Logan

Mystic:
    Dr. Strange
    Thor (Jane Foster)

Science:
    Captain America WWII
    Quake

Skill:
    Daredevil (Netflix)
    Punisher

Tech:
    Vulture
    Civil Warrior
    War Machine

Check The Lise, you might be missing some others stil. I have 56x 2stars, missing 5x 2stars

23jf6oo0cdgr.png

Have
    abomination
    agentvenom
    antman
    blackbolt
    blackpanther
    blackwidow
    captainamerica
    captainamericawwii
    carnage
    civilwarrior
    colossus
    cyclops
    daredevilnetflix
    deadpool
    deadpoolxforce
    drax
    drstrange
    electro
    gamora
    groot
    guillotine
    hawkeye
    hulk
    hulkbuster
    ironfist
    ironman
    juggernaut
    magik
    magneto
    moonknight
    punisher
    quake
    rhino
    rocket
    ronan
    scarletwitch
    spidergwen
    spiderman
    spidermanblack
    spidermanmorales
    spidermanmovie
    starlord
    storm
    superiorironman
    thevision
    thor
    ultron
    unstoppablecolossus
    venom
    venompool
    vision
    wintersoldier
    wolverine
    wolverineoldman
    yellowjacket

Missing
    Luke Cage (I dunno where this one come from)
    Magneto Marvel Now (Mutant Crystal hate me)
    Jane Thor (I don't have Sony Phone)
    Vulture (Marvel Insider codes run out too fast)
    War Machine (I got WWII Cap)
    X-23 (i got Logan)
    edited September 2017
    Missing

kjz45712smci.png

• BoegotaBoegota Posts: 51
    So, Yagami9999, answer this question for me, since you missed out on 2 star Vulture due to not having the 30K Insider points to spend on him at the time, are you forever denied the ability to acquire him then? If that's the case, I think I will pull the trigger on 2 Star Blade 1st just to ensure that I acquire him for my collection.
    May I answer?

I think Blade will come around but need to wait. I say bite the bullet.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I have 49 2*. 56 is pretty good. I’m only bummed about no having Electro though
    So, Yagami9999, answer this question for me, since you missed out on 2 star Vulture due to not having the 30K Insider points to spend on him at the time, are you forever denied the ability to acquire him then? If that's the case, I think I will pull the trigger on 2 Star Blade 1st just to ensure that I acquire him for my collection.

At this moment in time, yes. I will never get him.
    Magneto Marvel Now (Mutant Crystal hate me)
    Jane Thor (I don't have Sony Phone)
    Vulture (Marvel Insider codes run out too fast)
    War Machine (I got WWII Cap)
    X-23 (i got Logan)

I cannot get these heroes unless Kabam relese them like in the Romance Crystal / Spiderverse crystal / etc.

And It's not because I didn't have 30K points. This was a special comic-con redemption with code but very very limited amount was given. He basically was "sold out" 2 hours after his code was posted on reddit and trucos.

They then knew the amount release was insufficient, then had a new promotion in Marvel Insider and did re-release him with 100 or 1000 people who can buy him but when I woke up, he was gone round 2 also, damn sleep got in the way.

Any 2 stars from Marvel Insider is exclusive until or unless Kabam makes a general release
    Like Groot (Marvel Insider + GotG 2000 shard crystal)
    and
    Carnage (Marvel Insider + Spiderverse 2000 shard crystal)

Certain champions remain exclusive like the above list for me as of todate. And new players cannot get 2star spidergwen or groot or etc as they were once a period release.

Get the 2star Blade <
    My advice if you are Ash Ketchum
    Thank you very much Yagami9999, your last answer tipped the scale for me and I'm now going to pull the trigger on the 2 Star Blade and hope I can recover enough points in time for the 3 Star Morningstar.
    Ok, new question for you Yagami9999. According to DoctorJ's answer to Hawke's original post, both Old Man Logan and X23 were available from a special wolverine crystal that was given out when Logan movie was released. Was there only one crystal given to everyone at that time and it was 50/50 as to which of the two you got and once you had one, in your case Old Man Logan, you're permanently barred from getting the other, as in your case X23? Another question I had was about Captain America WWII version and War Machine. I saw a You Tube video from a pair of gamers from the UK. One of them had an I-Phone and the other had an Android. The guy with the I-Phone was whining about how it was so unfair that he couldn't have a free Cap. WWII version 2 star just because he has an Apple phone while his friend was just loving it and laughing at him the whole time cause she had Android and got one. So, being that those two were saying that Cap WWII was a freebie via Google Play, I don't understand why you're saying that you had a choice between getting Cap WWII and War Machine. Can I get more clarification on that?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Ok, new question for you Yagami9999. According to DoctorJ's answer to Hawke's original post, both Old Man Logan and X23 were available from a special wolverine crystal that was given out when Logan movie was released. Was there only one crystal given to everyone at that time and it was 50/50 as to which of the two you got and once you had one, in your case Old Man Logan, you're permanently barred from getting the other, as in your case X23? Another question I had was about Captain America WWII version and War Machine. I saw a You Tube video from a pair of gamers from the UK. One of them had an I-Phone and the other had an Android. The guy with the I-Phone was whining about how it was so unfair that he couldn't have a free Cap. WWII version 2 star just because he has an Apple phone while his friend was just loving it and laughing at him the whole time cause she had Android and got one. So, being that those two were saying that Cap WWII was a freebie via Google Play, I don't understand why you're saying that you had a choice between getting Cap WWII and War Machine. Can I get more clarification on that?

War Machine was included in special crystals as a part of the Civil War. Captain America WW2 was also included in special crystals as a part of the Civil War last year. You got crystal shards based on a daily quest (Team Ironman or Team Cap). You could change your faction after a certain amount of time though.
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    Most champs on your list are only available from offers. Others are only available when given as a free reward. Hope that helps
  • A 2* Vulture is from a Marvel Insider code from Comic Con.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    They are 2 stars what's the big deal your probably never gonna use them at all.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    NDK13 wrote: »
    They are 2 stars what's the big deal your probably never gonna use them at all.

Some people do but it's about collecting them all
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    Deadpool red - buy offer within few days of creating a new acc
    Mag marvel now - an exclusive 2* mutant crystal available at marvel insider during the iceman monthly quest.
    Oml - 2* wolverine crystal sent as a gift during the 12.0 update or so.

Ds - available in marvel insider package during voodoo quest, & was an in game buy offer during that time.
    Jane thor - marvelous women crystal during women's day.

Cap ww2 - (was not playing the game when his 2* version was available) but probably he was handed out as a freebie during civil war event.
    Quake - freebie during the champs release, like stark spidy.

Dd nf - again probably was a freebie during the champs release.
    Punisher - obtainable through "VERSUS CRYSTAL", play 1v1 arena n just hope to pull him.

Vulture - is 2* vulture available at all?
    Cw - again marvel insider thing, during carnage event.
    Wm - released as the same time as cap ww2 nd probably given as a freebie.

(So all these except punisher are exclusive one time, u can't get them again)

go for 2* blade - now available in marvel insider.
    Yep did that and thankfully for the large 20K reward for the 4 table scavenger hunt code during the NYCC, I had enough points for BOTH the 2* Blade and the 3* Morningstar! Super stoked that I didn't have to choose between them on this latest reward offer! Pretty sure I will have to choose between an exclusive 2* and a quick get it now 3* in future offers however.... :( I hate having to choose... LOL