Options

4 star rank 5 omega red (awakened) or 5 star to rank 3 magneto ( unawakened)

KillercamineKillercamine Posts: 36
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I just 100% Act 4, and I was wondering who should I rank up from those 2
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    RoKoPlayzzzRoKoPlayzzz Posts: 242
    Omega red he is useful in act 5
  • Options

Omega red he is useful in act 5

So it would be better than a 5 star rank 3 magneto?
  • Options
    IronStrangeIronStrange Posts: 103
    Magneto is better for later. 5.3-5.4 and act 6
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Lol, no he's not.
  • Options
    So what's the consensus 4* rank 5 omega (awk) or 5* rank 3 (unawk) magento (the original one not the marvel now)
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    He is, lol. I have a r5 4* Omega and never used him in Act 5. I also have a r3 5* Magneto, and I used him in 6.3...
  • Options

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    He is, lol. I have a r5 4* Omega and never used him in Act 5. I also have a r3 5* Magneto, and I used him in 6.3...
    That's just you then
  • Options
    Go for omega
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    Well I mean, as a 4*, OR can't go into Act 6. But Awakened 5* Omega > Awakened 5* Magneto.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    That's just you then
    Why do you want him to use resources on a champ he will rarely use?? 4* champs are almost useless nowadays and its better to spend those catalysts on a 5* champ. Im glad I r5 OR, but only cause I have now a r5 Colossus. Without suicides OR is not that good, especially as a 4*. With a 5* Magneto he can go far, with a OR not really. OR is great champ, but Magneto in this case is much better.
  • Options
    KillercamineKillercamine Posts: 36
    edited September 2020

This is my current roster, I just need 1 more round to complete chapter 1 Act 5

Omega red is sig 19, I have 25 extra sign stones if needed on him
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    That's just you then
    Why do you want him to use resources on a champ he will rarely use?? 4* champs are almost useless nowadays and its better to spend those catalysts on a 5* champ. Im glad I r5 OR, but only cause I have now a r5 Colossus. Without suicides OR is not that good, especially as a 4*. With a 5* Magneto he can go far, with a OR not really. OR is great champ, but Magneto in this case is much better.
    for someone who's not done with act five, four stars are incredibly valuable. I'm cav and I use four stars on a daily

and op, I'd go omega. he was super useful for me in act five, and he's one of the best counters for masochism, which is a roadblock for many
  • Options

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    That's just you then
    for someone who's not done with act five, four stars are incredibly valuable. I'm cav and I use four stars on a daily

and op, I'd go omega. he was super useful for me in act five, and he's one of the best counters for masochism, which is a roadblock for many
    Well I did rank up OR when I was doing the maso path in 5.2. He wasnt that helpful at all... I had a bunch of maxed out 4* and in the end I was still using my 5* Spidergwen at r3, cause she was much better. I got more far ranking up 5* than 4*.
    And its a big problem if you still use 4*. I got cav in late June, and I am only using four stars for synergy purposes.
    Yeah 4* are helpful in Act 5. But it doesnt mean OR is better to rank up in this case, since he doesnt have suicides on, and like that Magneto is much better, especially that he is in a fact 5* champ.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    That's just you then

Well I did rank up OR when I was doing the maso path in 5.2. He wasnt that helpful at all... I had a bunch of maxed out 4* and in the end I was still using my 5* Spidergwen at r3, cause she was much better. I got more far ranking up 5* than 4*.
    I mean, if you didn't find him useful, it doesn't mean others don't. omega is a one of the best counters for masochism, regardless of if you didn't use him for it or not. and masochism is just one example. on many cases, I'd rather have an omega than a magneto. that's my opinion, and you have yours. I'm basing mine off by experience and through anecdotes of others, including a friend that I'm helping through act four and five right now
  • Options

Etjama said:

Lol, no he's not.
    That's just you then

I mean, if you didn't find him useful, it doesn't mean others don't. omega is a one of the best counters for masochism, regardless of if you didn't use him for it or not. and masochism is just one example. on many cases, I'd rather have an omega than a magneto. that's my opinion, and you have yours. I'm basing mine off by experience and through anecdotes of others, including a friend that I'm helping through act four and five right now
    As its my opinion, im basing mine off by exprience as well. I actually asked for advice here for maso counters. They told me OR is one of the best counters. Yet most of the cases I didnt even used him, since there is so many champs he is not good for.
    Yes, he shuts down maso, its true. It doesnt mean ranking up him is a better choice. Magneto buff only came on the servers few days ago, you cant say he wouldnt be so useful in Act 5 since he is a fairly new champ.
    A 4* CAIW is still better choice to rank up,or that 5* Ghost, if the op learns how to use her. Or even Doom.
    Also since his OR is already at r4, he can actually try out in 5.2.6 to see how he works for him...
    You can give me disagrees, but you guys gave me the advice to rank up OR months ago, and the only thing I used him in Act 5 was the biohazard path after I got UC. Thanks for the synergy champ. OR is great, but he still needs suicides to be good otherwise the fights are long and boring, and you can make mistakes.
  • Options
    Just tested in 5.2.6., Magneto beat that first Yellowjacket in 21 hits. How much does it take for OR? I died, because I made a mistake, but it was about 80 hits and take down about YJ's 65%-70% health.
  • Options
    LuisTheNo2LuisTheNo2 Posts: 3
    Magneto is a solid future investment cause he is a 5 star. He will help you get cav
  • Options
    Shish15Shish15 Posts: 61
    Magneto. Much better investment for act 6, and act 5 bosses, especially ultron, morningstar, etc. Also your 5* roster is weak, so yeah, magneto 10000%
  • Options

Just tested in 5.2.6., Magneto beat that first Yellowjacket in 21 hits. How much does it take for OR? I died, because I made a mistake, but it was about 80 hits and take down about YJ's 65%-70% health.

How can someone disagree this?? I literally went in with a 5* r3 Magneto :D and with a maxed out (max sig!) 4* r5 OR? Do you want video on it or what?