**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier node - Seeing Red not working properly

BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
I fought this node with Omega Red. The node reads “when activating a special attack they purify any bleed debuffs on themselves and gain a permanent passive prowess increasing special attack damage by 20% for every bleed purified this way. Max stacks - 20”

You will see in the video that I used both special 1 and 3 with omega with bleeds in and did not purify any of the debuffs.

Please take a look. PS - Hi Rich!

https://youtu.be/126f-ppMhhQ

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Read ORs abilities.
  • BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58

Read ORs abilities.

Nothing about OR abilities says bleeds can’t be purified.

Ability accuracy reduction prevention only refers to the death field.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Because he reduces the ability accuracy of the node with his scores
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    BomberMan said:

Read ORs abilities.

Nothing about OR abilities says bleeds can’t be purified.

Ability accuracy reduction prevention only refers to the death field.
    It does, it says that it lowers the ability to purify by 10% per spore, if you let the spores drop you will be able to throw a special and convert. This is that even though it says the attacker purifies, the node is attached to the defender, which is doing the purification.
  • RioSmith11RioSmith11 Posts: 80
    I can’t get it to work on Mags either. The only champ that I’ve had it convert to prowess on is OML.
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    It's not just OR. I used domino and OML, never worked all the time

I can’t get it to work on Mags either. The only champ that I’ve had it convert to prowess on is OML.

It's not just OR. I used domino and OML, never worked all the time

All of these guys except OML has ability accuracy reduction, you are not going to be able to reliably get it to work, Mags will work if it is not metal though.

Here you see it working for MAGS, against a non metal champ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGWL7BqulYs

Here you see it working for OR against the same champion, note, no spores (for every spore he has a 10% chance of it working)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abq4-plQGNY

And here is OML on the same fight showing it works (note it does not work on passives only debuffs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTkuxW1r5kE
  • BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
    If that is the case that’s a fail on Kabams part for having a “buffed node” fail to proc due to ability accuracy issue.

@Kabam Miike please pass this info on the dev team for future renditions of Cav Difficulty
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Personally, I liked the fact that Omega didn’t purify the bleeds. I could reliably keep 30 spores on the defender for pretty much every fight.

I guess the trade off is huge special damage but as someone with suicides, not having to use specials, except for sp3, was quite the bonus!
    BomberMan said:

If that is the case that’s a fail on Kabams part for having a “buffed node” fail to proc due to ability accuracy issue.

@Kabam Miike please pass this info on the dev team for future renditions of Cav Difficulty

you assume AAR should not prevent positive effects, kabam has stated often that it can affect positive effects. There are lots of champions that can still do this content and take advantage, but you generally dont want OR to purify bleeds anyways, you will get more damage out of the aura from having them on then from the prowesses.
    Nakuul said:

If that's the case then AA's neuro's should be negating Magik's reverse control's with 3 up. Spoiler alert: It doesn't.

Hint that seemed like a bug, but a good bug, it made it stable
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    BomberMan said:

Wait.... it's a fail because it's working as intended?
  • Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Posts: 39
    edited September 2020
    I had the same problem with OR. And as many pointed out if you let the spores drop off then it works fine. It’s stupid, but what can you do? I also had a problem with OML. Every time I activate a special and he had purified bleeds, he also turned off the heal. Is that normal? Why does it happen? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

I had the same problem with OR. And as many pointed out if you let the spores drop off then it works fine. It’s stupid, but what can you do? I also had a problem with OML. Every time I activate a special and he had purified bleeds, he also turned off the heal. Is that normal? Why does it happen? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious

have you read up on OML abilities?

SPECIAL ATTACKS
    Logan removes all Regeneration Buffs and Bleed effects from himself, gaining 1 Fury Buff for each effect removed this way. These Buffs last 12 seconds and grant +136 Attack. Max Stacks: 15.
    Special Attacks are Unblockable if Logan has 5 or more Fury Buffs.
  • Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Posts: 39
    Oh geez, may bad. Thanks for pointing it out @Lormif
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    All this AAR talk about OR I’ll just clarify it says death spores lower the OPPONENT from purifying debuffs by 10% per spore...says nothing about OR lol so this shouldn’t come into play at all when it comes to OR purifying his own debuffs lol
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

All this AAR talk about OR I’ll just clarify it says death spores lower the OPPONENT from purifying debuffs by 10% per spore...says nothing about OR lol so this shouldn’t come into play at all when it comes to OR purifying his own debuffs lol

The ability comes from the defender so hence you are lowering the defenders AA then it makes sense.

Same reason matador doesn't work for Mags when fighting a metal champ
    Patchie93 said:

The ability comes from the defender so hence you are lowering the defenders AA then it makes sense.

Same reason matador doesn't work for Mags when fighting a metal champ
    It’s AA to purify their debuff though says nothing about OR purifying anything in his ability so either it’s not working perfectly or poorly worded lol
    Mags is a complete AAR reduction, OR is a very specific AAR that only applies for the opponent to purify a debuff. So there is a difference in these two AA abilities lol